Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndrew25 View Post
    I'm alright with Ron Paul but he is a little crazy.
    he isn't crazy. he thinks outside the box unlike most politicians and he will say what most people are thinking, but don't wanna say. pretty much everything he has predicted in the last couple years has came true or is looking like it is coming true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTavern View Post
    He is a hack.
    come on now....... do your research on the guy before making statements like this.

by the way, saw what school you went too and no wonder why my school kicks your schools ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFwER...33A94114DC1CD1
    Last edited by D Roses Bulls; 02-14-2011 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    come on now....... do your research on the guy before making statements like this.

by the way, saw what school you went too and no wonder why my school kicks your schools ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFwER...33A94114DC1CD1
    Your school wasn't big on to v. too usage huh?

Agree with your first statement. Drives me nuts when a decent alternative option comes along and he's dismissed with nonsense labels and unfounded criticism. Like Nader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Your school wasn't big on to v. too usage huh?

Agree with your first statement. Drives me nuts when a decent alternative option comes along and he's dismissed with nonsense labels and unfounded criticism. Like Nader.
    my school did fine, lol

yeah, but I don't understand why people to some of these nuts on tv all the time when it comes to who's crazy and who's not when they are wrong like all the time.

vCash
    I was going to make a thread about "Why cant Paul Win?" but i figured i will just use this thread.

People like Donald Trump seem to think that Paul cant win, but i think he is the scariest candidate for Obama in 2012. My reasoning lies in several key factors that separate him from every other candidate; one is that he has a huge youth following, two is that he does not have the baggage that a Republican typically has amongst iffy voters who use social issues to decide who to vote for, three he opposes the Iraq and Afghanistan wars which many people do but most Republican candidates will not oppose it because of politics not policy.

Amongst youth voters Obama went 68-30 for Obama. That is a large monopoly on a specific voting bloc that made up nearly twice the difference between McCain and Obama. Some simple math:

38% is the gap, which with their other numbers of "youth voters" equals 14.6M voter difference.

The election went 53-46, which gives a 7% gap. Times the number of expected voters (122M) that equals a 8.5M gap.

That is a huge advantage, if that trend continues no Republican stands a chance of winning. Ron Paul has a calling or something with the youth voters in this country. It points to a strong belief of mine that the younger voters are choosing to alienate the candidates who are socially conservative and want to pick between a candidate who is socially liberal/fiscally conservative and socially liberal/fiscally liberal. People who are not in agreement may disagree with me though.

To argue that the US is not war-wary would just be foolish. Being embroiled in two wars will do that to you for 10 years. Paul represents an option to Republicans who want to oppose the war but dont want to do it by voting for a Democrat who wont represent their fiscal views (kind of feeds back into #1).
    ___

I tried to break these down into the three groups but they kept bleeding into one another.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    But there is no point in making points i agree with.

Income tax (i support a progressive tax), i firmly believe there is no such thing as a "fair tax" and a VAT will just hurt the poor more, which is by definition regressive. If i have to choose between progressive and regressive tax i will take progressive 10 out of 10 times.
    nown very clearly about Gitmo and illegal detention. Same with the Patriot Act and other violations of the 4th Amendment.
    ___
    Regarding tax what about a VAT tax with exemptions for essential items (grocery store food, electricity, water, rent etc)

vCash
    Wow.. you'd think a guy would do better with himself.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Regarding tax what about a VAT tax with exemptions for essential items (grocery store food, electricity, water, rent etc)
    Possibly. But ultimately that is going to become a progressive tax which is the whole reason of eliminating the current income tax.

vCash
    Possibly. But ultimately that is going to become a progressive tax which is the whole reason of eliminating the current income tax.
    Right but it also closes alot of tax loopholes and Id couple it with getting ride of the inheritance tax

vCash
    My biggest issue with Ron Pauil is that he keeps getting pushed aside by the republican party. So its not an issue with him. Its an issue I ahve wiht the party.

vCash
    I was going to make a thread about "Why cant Paul Win?" but i figured i will just use this thread.

People like Donald Trump seem to think that Paul cant win, but i think he is the scariest candidate for Obama in 2012. My reasoning lies in several key factors that separate him from every other candidate; one is that he has a huge youth following, two is that he does not have the baggage that a Republican typically has amongst iffy voters who use social issues to decide who to vote for, three he opposes the Iraq and Afghanistan wars which many people do but most Republican candidates will not oppose it because of politics not policy.

Amongst youth voters Obama went 68-30 for Obama. That is a large monopoly on a specific voting bloc that made up nearly twice the difference between McCain and Obama. Some simple math:

38% is the gap, which with their other numbers of "youth voters" equals 14.6M voter difference.

The election went 53-46, which gives a 7% gap. Times the number of expected voters (122M) that equals a 8.5M gap.

That is a huge advantage, if that trend continues no Republican stands a chance of winning. Ron Paul has a calling or something with the youth voters in this country. It points to a strong belief of mine that the younger voters are choosing to alienate the candidates who are socially conservative and want to pick between a candidate who is socially liberal/fiscally conservative and socially liberal/fiscally liberal. People who are not in agreement may disagree with me though.

To argue that the US is not war-wary would just be foolish. Being embroiled in two wars will do that to you for 10 years. Paul represents an option to Republicans who want to oppose the war but dont want to do it by voting for a Democrat who wont represent their fiscal views (kind of feeds back into #1).
    ___

I tried to break these down into the three groups but they kept bleeding into one another.
    Agreed. Our country is shifting more to the left on the social side for sure. And I'm glad as I'm a libertarian.

Ron Paul is the scariest candidate atm. He has big youth support and he's the only candidate that could beat Obama right now. Unfortunately the republican party will screw this up and put someone like Palin or Huckabee and they'll get slaughtered. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

vCash
    To be honest, Ron Paul is probably the only Republican candidate that I'd take most seriously, and take along hard look at before voting in 2012...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    My biggest issue with Ron Pauil is that he keeps getting pushed aside by the republican party. So its not an issue with him. Its an issue I ahve wiht the party.
    Well to feature him as a serious contender would mean admitting that something they did in the past is wrong. Namely the Iraq War, now i know you are a soldier and may feel differently (for the record i support the troops but absolutely not the war) but if they were to give an anti-war guy a chance to run it would be a huge blow to a major benefactor, namely the defense contractors and other similar industries. There is money to be made in country building or democracy spreading, however you say it. It is big money to the industry that seems to know where to put their money (except for big shifts)

http://www.opensecrets.org/industrie...cle=2010&ind=D

In 2010 they bet with Democrats and in 2006 they bet with Republicans. But other than that they seem to "pick" the winners and know that no one will want to "look soft" to our enemies.

vCash
    Well to feature him as a serious contender would mean admitting that something they did in the past is wrong. Namely the Iraq War, now i know you are a soldier and may feel differently (for the record i support the troops but absolutely not the war) but if they were to give an anti-war guy a chance to run it would be a huge blow to a major benefactor, namely the defense contractors and other similar industries. There is money to be made in country building or democracy spreading, however you say it. It is big money to the industry that seems to know where to put their money (except for big shifts)

http://www.opensecrets.org/industrie...cle=2010&ind=D

In 2010 they bet with Democrats and in 2006 they bet with Republicans. But other than that they seem to "pick" the winners and know that no one will want to "look soft" to our enemies.
    Well, there are really two industries we are really talking about here. The first is the defense industry, or contractors known well to the DOD (Bechtel, Parsons, Flour Amic, Boeing, MD, LM, LBG, KBR, etc). They typically follow the GOP, as the GOP has traditionally supported DOD interests, while the Dems have gone against it. Then you have companies and NGOs who do more governance capacity development, riule of law, infrastructure(overlap on that one), land tenure and property rights, education, agriculture, economic growth, natural resources amnagement, health, civil society, etc. Those companies and NGOs (DAI, RTI, ARD, CRS, Chemonics, Creative, LBG, Roots of Peace, etc etc etc), they invariably follow democratic party issues, as most of these folks are peace corps types who float between companies and NGOs and are much more left leaning. I have worked with or for both sides, as well as seen it in the field while in the Army, working with USAID, adn as a civilian contractor. Its a big part of why there is so little coordination between the two entities. DOD doesn;t like the civilians, thinks they are tree hugging lazy farts, and the civies don;t like the military becasue of their closely held stereeotypes. So Ron Paul splits them. I don;t know where he would come out between the two sides honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Well he has a way of pissing off the big financial entities that back the Republican party.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123