Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Ending the FED is just impractical. Who exactly do we give the authority to print money? Do we trust a private entity with that ability? Do we give the government the authority to do that?

I have made my agreements with Paul known, particularly his foreign policy views, but as i also said it is easy to rally against something, it is another matter completely to attempt to build up the new structure. No one is going to argue the fed has gotten things right but unless you plan to go back on the Gold Standard (the policy that elongated the Great Depression) im not sure where you go.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Ending the FED is just impractical. Who exactly do we give the authority to print money? Do we trust a private entity with that ability? Do we give the government the authority to do that?

I have made my agreements with Paul known, particularly his foreign policy views, but as i also said it is easy to rally against something, it is another matter completely to attempt to build up the new structure. No one is going to argue the fed has gotten things right but unless you plan to go back on the Gold Standard (the policy that elongated the Great Depression) im not sure where you go.
    Well he's not exactly advocating a new structure so much as we go back to the structure that started this country, mainly the constitution.

The constitution by the way, has been so corrupted and tarnished and outright forgotten the government we have now FAR more resembles the british government we attempted to cede from than the government we actually set up.

Check all the quotes of Franklin, Madison, and Jefferson. ALL were against giving the national government much power, because they new that every government tries to just get more power, something ours has done at an astonishing rate.

Picking any other politicians is essentially like picking which empty suit you want to see the country to fall more into ruin than before, as none in a LONG time has really changed the overall direction of our government getting bigger and hoarding more power...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well he's not exactly advocating a new structure so much as we go back to the structure that started this country, mainly the constitution.

The constitution by the way, has been so corrupted and tarnished and outright forgotten the government we have now FAR more resembles the british government we attempted to cede from than the government we actually set up.

Check all the quotes of Franklin, Madison, and Jefferson. ALL were against giving the national government much power, because they new that every government tries to just get more power, something ours has done at an astonishing rate.

Picking any other politicians is essentially like picking which empty suit you want to see the country to fall more into ruin than before, as none in a LONG time has really changed the overall direction of our government getting bigger and hoarding more power...
    Unfortunately there needs to be some structure around monetary policy. Now you can advocate that the Fed has not followed the correct structure, and Paul has made that point well. But just going to the gold standard wont fix anything. In fact monetary analysts state that the gold standard kept us in the Great Depression ten years longer than we should have been. Going off the Gold Standard was what got us out of the Great Depression not WWII.

vCash
    Ron Paul is actually the only guy capable of being a GOOD president. And since USA pretty much runs the world, please vote for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Ron Paul is actually the only guy capable of being a GOOD president. And since USA pretty much runs the world, please vote for him
    Is there a reason for your saying this? Do you have evidence that it's true? Otherwise, your comments are about as convincing as a bumper sticker. . .
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    I don't have much issue with him. There are worse republicans to vote for and the more diverse parties get the better. I love that he wants to end the Fed....other than that....eh.

Quote Originally Posted by debo0775 View Post
    ^You do know that your vote for President is practically worthless, right?...lol
    Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I don't have much issue with him. There are worse republicans to vote for and the more diverse parties get the better. I love that he wants to end the Fed....other than that....eh.

Why?
    If i have to choose a Republican he would definitely be my choice. He is the only one who wants to end the era of imperialism and i may disagree on fiscal issues i would much rather have someone i can at least agree with on half the issues (social).

vCash
    What exactly is everyone's issue with Ron Paul anyway? I mean I see all the "cook" and name calling, but no real argument against him. Socially I understand and agree he's not exactly where I want him to be, but to not support his mission to kill the Fed is really surprising.

vCash
    What exactly is everyone's issue with Ron Paul anyway? I mean I see all the "cook" and name calling, but no real argument against him. Socially I understand and agree he's not exactly where I want him to be, but to not support his mission to kill the Fed is really surprising.
    Ah, just got near the end with his "redistribution of wealth" rant....

Still respect his principles, just don't agree with all of them...

vCash
    I'm alright with Ron Paul but he is a little crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndrew25 View Post
    I'm alright with Ron Paul but he is a little crazy.
    See that's what I mean. What's crazy about him? I've only seen a handful of speeches and read a few articles about him.

vCash
    See that's what I mean. What's crazy about him? I've only seen a handful of speeches and read a few articles about him.
    I cant speak for others, and i dont think he is crazy for the record, but what he wants will drastically shift how things work and it will throw the system for a loop. For better for worse, in the short term there will be major ramifications of his actions. I dont think ending the Fed would result in positive changes without knowing what we would do to replace it. As i have said numerous times many scholars attribute our escape of the Great Depression to our eliminating the Gold Standard, so i see returning to that as our base being a very bad idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I cant speak for others, and i dont think he is crazy for the record, but what he wants will drastically shift how things work and it will throw the system for a loop. For better for worse, in the short term there will be major ramifications of his actions. I dont think ending the Fed would result in positive changes without knowing what we would do to replace it. As i have said numerous times many scholars attribute our escape of the Great Depression to our eliminating the Gold Standard, so i see returning to that as our base being a very bad idea.
    That issue aside, what about all the rest of Ron Pauls issues?

How about the income tax (which was originally implemented in leiu of tarrifs and was promised to be "for the rich only" and now everyone has it and to top it off, a few years after our government instituted the income tax, the tarrifs they were in leiu of returned!)?

How about his issue with our overseas imperialistic policy? Iraq war aside, how come nobody talks about why we need Soldiers in 130 countries around the world (that is a true stat by the way)...

What about the legalization of marijuana? (how in a country that's whole basis is "freedom so long as you don't infringe on anothers rights" can something that only affects you directly be illegal? Whether our government thinks its immoral is irrelevant, under the constitution our government wasn't setup to regulate moral behavoir, at all)

What about the illegal detention of suspects in Gitmo without a trial. Or the Patriot Act? Thomas Jefferson (or Franklin I can't remember which) said something like "those that give up freedom for temporary security deserve neither". The response of the government to acts like 9/11 shouldn't be to crack down on its citizens)

Look past the FED argument and you will see everything this country stood for is being wiped away by our very government, why? becasue all governments in power want to keep the power centralized.

There was a big reason why the framers wanted the central government to be very, VERY limited and for the states to decide most issues for themselves, it's because big governments are always trying to get bigger!

Look at the healthcare problem. The government stuck it's nose in and now it's a mess, and the governments fix for this is to... let the government fix it! Any problem america has the governments solution is to let teh government fix it! Why? Because if they get a crack at it they now control that issue, notice how the government has rarely (if ever) said "this is not a problem for our government and can be solved in some other way" about ANY issue.

that is not coincidence.

vCash
    But there is no point in making points i agree with.

Income tax (i support a progressive tax), i firmly believe there is no such thing as a "fair tax" and a VAT will just hurt the poor more, which is by definition regressive. If i have to choose between progressive and regressive tax i will take progressive 10 out of 10 times.

I believe i made my point about agreeing 100% on his non-imperalism policy. You are right that Iraq is not the only issue, but by far the largest commitment we have.

Legalization i have also made my point (not in this thread) about. I support it with strict regulation. Similar to alcohol, in that you have to be 21 (i could be persuaded to 18 easily though).

Same as imperialism i have made my position known very clearly about Gitmo and illegal detention. Same with the Patriot Act and other violations of the 4th Amendment.
    ___

I pick on the Fed issue because it is where i diverge with Paul. I dont need to convince him or anyone of issues that i already agree with him or his supporters on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    God, it was hilarious listening to all the Ron Paul people telling us over and over, "Just wait, you'll see!" during the last election. And then... nothing.
    paul started becoming really popular around the last election like obama did in 2004. don't be surprised if he has a bigger say this election.
    Last edited by D Roses Bulls; 02-14-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast