Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Matt Martin

vCash

Matt Martin

What are your thoughts on him? He's actually one of my favourite players that doesn't play on the Wings. Where do you see him playing in the future (Potential wise)? How's he been this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    What are your thoughts on him? He's actually one of my favourite players that doesn't play on the Wings. Where do you see him playing in the future (Potential wise)? How's he been this season?
    This season many Isles fans re disappointed with his ice time. Averaging less than 10 minutes a game, he's still a fan favorite. His game is really a physical one, he's a great checker, probably one of the best in the league, a great fighter, but the thing is he's too skilled to be called an enforcer. He hasn't done much on the score sheet but that happens when Coach Capuano puts him with Gillies and Konopka for 9 minutes a game.

Next year I'd like to see him on the 3rd line or even fourth if we add another skilled player to that line and he can get 12-14 minutes a game. I think he has the ability to be a 10-15+ goal scorer in addition to being a very good hitter and fighter. I think he could be an Islander for long time nd fan favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!