Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    best xmen movie by far. fassbender and mcavoy were amazing in their respective roles.

i really wasn't quite sold on kevin bacon as the main villain, but whatever. plus as a prequel i really don't think they could have done it any better. open things up nicely for future installments.

in addition it had one of the best cameos in the history of film

vCash
    Never really got into any of the X-Men movies, doubt I watch this one

vCash
    Spoiler

Jackmans cameo was fantastic! "**** off." lol.

The End is Coming.

vCash
    I absolutely loved it and considering that I'm a huge X-Men fanboy I felt that it was easy to overlook the differences from the comics considering the similarities between this and Star Trek which operates in a alternate reality.

The main differences though were that the scenes with Young Erik and Young Charles were actually relevant unlike the scenes in Star Trek with Young Kirk and Young Spock.

Anyhow, the jackman cameo was amazing and although it kind of bugged me that they didn't give Moira and Banshee their respective Irish accents, they were both still good.

And finally, Rose Byrne is ****ing beautiful.

vCash
    Absolutley loved it. Theyre taking it and starting over with it like nolan did with Batman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    best xmen movie by far. fassbender and mcavoy were amazing in their respective roles.

i really wasn't quite sold on kevin bacon as the main villain, but whatever. plus as a prequel i really don't think they could have done it any better. open things up nicely for future installments.

in addition it had one of the best cameos in the history of film
    **** off.

vCash
    It was very good, i was thoroughly impressed. The Jackman cameo was hilarious.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Ok just saw it and imo is up there with Batman Begins as far as prequels go, love the dark tone of it.

Michael Fassbender as Magneto was fabulous, very good performance and the story of how he becomes who he is was done perfectly.

James McAvoy as Charles Xavier was solid as well.

Loved how they showed how 1 guy lived a great life and therefore he is a peace loving man, meanwhile the other has seen nothing but evil since he was a kid and knows the true nature of men and why he is against them.

The rest of the side characters were pretty good as well and Matthew Vaughn did an excellent job of actually developing their story a bit which is something the other x-men movies lacked imo. They centered around Wolverine too much for my liking. Vaughn has made 3 movies that I have enjoyed a lot and now has become a director that I will be looking forward to seeing what he does next. He did Layer Cake and Kickass.

I liked how they tied things up to the original trilogy, Rebecca Romin doing a cameo as mystic was great.

Finally I enjoyed this movie a lot because it lacked a lot of Wolverine and is not like I hate Wolverine, I hate the ****ing actor who plays Wolverine. I am not like many who love Jackman in this role. IMO the guy can't act for ****, but his cameo was funny as hell.

Oh and Jennifer Lawrence is such sweet eye candy, looking forward to seeing more of her in the future.

Excellent film and best of the summer so far.

vCash
    BTW how ****ed was it that when Sebastian Shaw says to the kids that they were going to be enslaved the camera went right to the black dude?

Oh and that the 1st dude to die is in fact the black dude?

Also Kevin Bacon was pretty awesome as Sebastian Shaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    BTW how ****ed was it that when Sebastian Shaw says to the kids that they were going to be enslaved the camera went right to the black dude?

It was the 60s those were the times.

vCash

Now I have to see this.

vCash
    I'm not feeling the Jennifer Lawrence like everyone else.

Now Rose Byrne on the other hand...

vCash
    My favorite Marvel movie by far. Really interesting to see Sebastian Shaw as the main villain. It worked really well.

Also, that last scene with Magneto in the costume was perfection.

vCash

Haha half of the theatre I went to was black. I was waiting for some walkouts after that part. Spoiler: Also funny to see that the other black character, Angel (Lenny Kravitz's daughter), was the first traitor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    I'm not feeling the Jennifer Lawrence like everyone else.

Now Rose Byrne on the other hand...
    When I saw Rose Byrne strip to nothing but her skivvies I felt my mutant powers manifest.

By which I mean my penis.

I got an erection.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast