Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Just got out of the 12 showing for this and the movie was really great. Dark Knight is still king of comics, and liked Iron man more well. But first class would be next in line, I would put it ahead of thor which i liked.

Kind of drawing a blank on prequels but I might say this may be the best prequel ever made. Its by far the best x men to date, though wasn't huge on the first trilogy. IMO they were too campy and a little cheesy at times.

This one has a darker feel and more dramatic. It really had a solid script and I thought all around the cast did a really good job. One of the things I loved about it is there are a lot of little details that tie into the x men franchise and the other connections to the original trilogy. For example a Rebecca Romijn cameo. The origins of Magnettos mask. How Charles ends up in a wheel chair. There are a couple of references to Charles and being bald which I thought were great. I also think for the most part Magnettos and Professor X always lacked a cool factor in the films. Both come off as super bad ***** in this film.

But would definatley recommend this movie if you like the x men. I probable would grade it as a A movie. Not that the FX were bad but there really was nothing that really wowed you. Only thing that really prevents me from giving it an A+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    Just got out of the 12 showing for this and the movie was really great. Dark Knight is still king of comics, and liked Iron man more well. But first class would be next in line, I would put it ahead of thor which i liked.

Kind of drawing a blank on prequels but I might say this may be the best prequel ever made. Its by far the best x men to date, though wasn't huge on the first trilogy. IMO they were too campy and a little cheesy at times.

This one has a darker feel and more dramatic. It really had a solid script and I thought all around the cast did a really good job. One of the things I loved about it is there are a lot of little details that tie into the x men franchise and the other connections to the original trilogy. spoiler For example a Rebecca Romijn cameospoiler. The origins of Magnettos mask. How Charles ends up in a wheel chair. There are a couple of references to Charles and being bald which I thought were great. I also think for the most part Magnettos and Professor X always lacked a cool factor in the films. Both come off as super bad ***** in this film.

But would definatley recommend this movie if you like the x men. I probable would grade it as a A movie. Not that the FX were bad but there really was nothing that really wowed you. Only thing that really prevents me from giving it an A+
    pretty sure that should be whited out
    Last edited by Pinstripe pride; 06-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    First Class was a very good movie. Very informitive for those that did not read the comic books. Some scenes were a bit dry/slow, but overall it did more for me then X-men 3 and Wolverine. A advise you all to see X-men First Class
    [CENTER[IMG]http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/scanners/moonrise-kingdom-wes-andersons-miniatures/mkwhatbird-thumb-510x275-49306.jpg[/CENTER]

vCash
    Saw it last night and it is the best X Men movie to date. Also the actor who plays Charles Xavier is fantastic. The same can be said for Magneto.

vCash
    seeing it in 3 hours!

vCash
    Just saw it.

Very good film. Gave enough backstory and enough action to keep me interested.

The ending with Xavier getting shot is different from the comics. He was in a wheelchair because his powers were too much for him, not because he got shot. Weird.

Overall I liked it.

vCash
    thought it was great.

by the way, rose byrne.....really hot
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    thought it was great.

by the way, rose byrne.....really hot
    agree

just got back from watching it, easily my favorite x men movie

vCash
    Just got back from it and I loved it. The batmans hold the slight edge as of right now but the movie was easily the next best superhero film.

I highly recommend people check it out.

What an awesome *** summer for movies we have approaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike89 View Post
    Just saw it.

Very good film. Gave enough backstory and enough action to keep me interested.

The ending with Xavier getting shot is different from the comics. He was in a wheelchair because his powers were too much for him, not because he got shot. Weird.

Overall I liked it.
    I think they had to add that part in for a dramatic finish.

vCash
    Fassbender was great.

Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, Zoe Kravitz, and Rose Byrne are slampieces.

vCash
    This movie rocked.

vCash
    I saw it last night and I liked it until at the end they decided they would wrap it up in a nice tidy, cheesy, little package for everyone. It was like they had a good movie but only had 15 more minutes of film so they had to whip through and ending before the credits started.

spoiler...kind of the ending, don't read if you haven't seen it...
    The ending is so far away from the comics and so ridiculous that it just WREAKS cheesy. From Magneto becoming evil to X becoming paralyzed to Mystique joining the Magneto to that think with Moira and all the name changes that happened was just cheesy and garbage. Its not the correct origin at all, it was just a nice way to go from what they had already to this point, to what they needed to get to for the beginning of the first X-men movie. The cameos were fun though.

The franchise needs to be rebooted, hopefully to look like this one which was a really good movie that I would still recommend despite the ending dripping with cheesy-ness. It was a real good movie, funny but not stupid funny, good action, good use of powers and good effects I thought. I liked it even despite that ending and I'd still recommend it. The ending is cheesy though is my warning.

vCash
    ^^and I thought Fassbender was fantastic and McAvoy was very good as well. The kid who played Banshee and the kid who played Havoc were like perfect.

vCash
    Fassbender was badass. Badassbender? Movie was great, good backstory, action was good, and very good acting by the cast.
    Last edited by cwilson21; 06-04-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast