Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: The Voice?

vCash

The Voice?

Anyone watch it?

I am a big Javier Cologne fan!!
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I've been watching it. I really like Javier Colon and Beverly McClellen. The only thing I don't like about the show is that the talent level seems really low compared to American Idol. That Xenia girl that is on Blake's team was almost painful to listen to last night and she looked so awkward on stage is was uncomfortable to watch, and the judges acted like she was a star in the making.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I've been watching it. I really like Javier Colon and Beverly McClellen. The only thing I don't like about the show is that the talent level seems really low compared to American Idol. That Xenia girl that is on Blake's team was almost painful to listen to last night and she looked so awkward on stage is was uncomfortable to watch, and the judges acted like she was a star in the making.
    I think Beverly is terrible.

My favorite is the big dude Justin on Adam's team.

I didn't like how the top 4 on each team didn't make it out of the battle rounds, Especially Blake's team. Tyler dude with bowtie who lost to country boy is clearly better than Xenia, and the girl she sang against. I'm sure someone else who got eliminated from that team was better than those two also.

vCash
    Javier Cologne should win this easily

PACERS SIM LG GM

vCash
    I actually really like the show and hate Idol. I disagree about the talent level, I think its light years better then idol. There is more then just being a good singer. To actually make it you need to sound different. There are a ton of people that can sing. Thats why 90% of idol winners never do anything big in the industry. I genuinely think most of the people on this show have that different kind of voice.

While xenia definantley awkward shes 16 and I think has a really different voice. It sounds similar to Regina Spektor.

Javier Colon is really good and lives in my town so I got to go with him. I also really like Rachel Castro, good voice and a good look.

As much as I want Colon to win I'm a fan of Dia Frampton. One of the weirdest things about the whole show is her shyness and the fact she was the singer of Meg and Dia. Not that Meg and Dia were a huge band but they toured on warp tour a couple of times and they had videos on MTV and Fuse for a while. I just think its a little weird there is no mention of that on the show and after touring on warp tour which is a huge festival shes so shy. But love her voice and always have. Here the video that was played, curious if anyone remembers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQGgDE9NNk

vCash
    The talent level overall is certainly better than Idol, considering The Voice has better contestants in the first place. I like the show alright. I did like Tyler more than Patrick. Also, I think Cherie was better than Lily. Cherie was pretty consistent while Lily was pitchy and all over the place. I do think Blake was right in picking Dea over the other girl. The other girl had a good voice but that trilling ahahahahahahohohohohoahahaha stuff they do (including Christina) gets annoying after a while. Dea definitely fit the song a lot better. You need control while singing and the ability to not overpower the song too much sometimes.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    I actually really like the show and hate Idol. I disagree about the talent level, I think its light years better then idol. There is more then just being a good singer. To actually make it you need to sound different. There are a ton of people that can sing. Thats why 90% of idol winners never do anything big in the industry. I genuinely think most of the people on this show have that different kind of voice.

While xenia definantley awkward shes 16 and I think has a really different voice. It sounds similar to Regina Spektor.

Javier Colon is really good and lives in my town so I got to go with him. I also really like Rachel Castro, good voice and a good look.

As much as I want Colon to win I'm a fan of Dia Frampton. One of the weirdest things about the whole show is her shyness and the fact she was the singer of Meg and Dia. Not that Meg and Dia were a huge band but they toured on warp tour a couple of times and they had videos on MTV and Fuse for a while. I just think its a little weird there is no mention of that on the show and after touring on warp tour which is a huge festival shes so shy. But love her voice and always have. Here the video that was played, curious if anyone remembers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQGgDE9NNk
    Holy ****, thats where I knew her from. I totally recognized her voice and her face but just couldn't figure out from where. I saw them on Warped a couple years back at a few stops.

I totally thoroughly enjoy this show actually... the talent level is so so, but there are some moments that really do make it seem awesome. Overall, I have never like these kind of singing or dancing shows, but this one intrigued me from the start by the way they judges solely on the voice they can hear, and it just kind of stuck to me. Although, still haven't seen this weeks, I look forward to seeing it.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I think Beverly is terrible.

My favorite is the big dude Justin on Adam's team.

I didn't like how the top 4 on each team didn't make it out of the battle rounds, Especially Blake's team. Tyler dude with bowtie who lost to country boy is clearly better than Xenia, and the girl she sang against. I'm sure someone else who got eliminated from that team was better than those two also.
    I just watched the first live show, Beverly was actually really good.

I disagree with the talent level also.....most of them are really good.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Does anyone else find Ceelo creepy looking, or is it just me? He looks like an overgrown midget. Every time I see his hands I think of this Burger King commercial. I bet he can't hold a whopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM