Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tanguay Out Indefinitly

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6105555

Calgary Flames forward Alex Tanguay will be out indefinitely with a neck strain, the team announced Wednesday on its website.

The team said it couldn't pinpoint exactly when Tanguay suffered the injury but speculated it may have happened during the third period of Monday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Tanguay did not leave the game early.

"I don't think anybody really knew," Calgary teammate Rene Bourque told reporters. "He's probably being cautious, he's a little banged up right now."

"I got confirmation this morning that he wouldn't be available to us tonight," Flames coach Brent Sutter told reporters Wednesday. "That's when you have to start making adjustments. Someone else is going to have to fit into that hole right now. Tangs brings those assets, he's such a great passer and has skill level that you want in your lineup. But at the end of the day, he can't play."

Tanguay has 14 goals and 28 assists in 55 games this season for the Flames. He is second overall in scoring for Calgary, behind only Jarome Iginla (50 points).
    Hopefully he's back in a week or so. He's been looking good distributing the puck on the powerplay and has even been scoring lately. He has actually not looked bad this year. Hopefully get him back quickly to keep the wheels rolling.

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6105555

Hopefully he's back in a week or so. He's been looking good distributing the puck on the powerplay and has even been scoring lately. He has actually not looked bad this year. Hopefully get him back quickly to keep the wheels rolling.
    I agree Tanguay has been a nice pick up for the Flames this year