Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I still wish we had kept Grabner. I wasn't ready to give up on him. But we made our choice.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'd rather have Ballard than Grabner.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I'd rather have Ballard than Grabner.
    A healthy Ballard, yes.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Ballard fills as much a need long term as Grabner. If you ask me I'd rather have Grabner than Mason Raymond.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Other than the plethora of injuries to our Ds and us possibly needing to get more D depth, I feel the Canucks need to acquire some toughness up front. I've been noticing lately that other team's players are taking liberties with the Sedins, and no one on our team can step in and straighten anyone out. I see Daniel running to Henrik's defense - that's just sad. Is Glass or Bieksa our enforcers? Even though they can handle themselves most times, I don't think they're the answer. Oreskovich seems to think he's a goal scorer or something, still waiting for him to drop the gloves or intimidate with crushing hits. We need to let the rest of the league know that our star players can't and won't be pushed around, or else. Other players in the league are fully aware that the Canucks no longer have Rypien and Hordichuk in the lineup, and they're using that to their advantage. How 'bout we go after Chris Neil? I don't really care much for the guy (playing against him anyway), but he'd certainly add toughness and he's able to contribute offensively at times.

vCash
    Ruutu was traded. Guess he wont be back.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    would have solidified the 4th, but that line is the least of our worries RIGHT NOW.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    No point in trading unless it's for the right reasons. I know we need a few defensemen. Matt Walker (similar to Alberts) would come cheaply from Philadelphia and I like Ian White who's rumored available.

vCash
    We should trade a later round pick for some 2nd or 3rd line d-man. Then I still say we need another scorer but that's unlikely.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    So many trades today... Not anyone I would really want being moved but hopefully we will get some sort of activity before all the good players are traded.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'd love to see the Canucks do something at the deadline, beef up the offense, maybe add another D, give the team the best possible chance to go all the way. But, unfortunately, I think Gillis is too cautious (or is it patient?), he seems to feel that we already have the necessary pieces of the puzzle. Fingers crossed he does something. I'm still confused about Hodgson, they put him on this pedestal, saying he's such a smart player, so much skill etc and yet they don't give him enough ice-time when he's up, sticking him on the 3rd and 4th lines. If Gillis doesn't do anything, I'd like to eventually see these lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Hodgson - Kesler - Samuelsson
    Torres - Malholtra - Raymond
    Glass - Bolduc - Hansen

Tambellini the odd man out?

vCash
    Tambellini is invisible out there.

<3

vCash
    I somewhat disagree. He is making good plays, not scoring, and that is annoying, but he is good on the PK and very good on the backcheck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I somewhat disagree. He is making good plays, not scoring, and that is annoying, but he is good on the PK and very good on the backcheck
    Considering what he brought to the table in Long Island and had no guarantee to make the team and is making the bare minimum, he's doing great. I think he busts his *** for them. He is what he is. I agree with Carson here.

vCash
    He was one of the people we needed secondary scoring from, yet he hasn't scored in so many games. He needs to get the offensive game going. If Manny can get a goal so can Jeff.

<3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast