Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    There really isn't someone that works with the cap situation that I think is a good fit. Phillips is expiring but doesn't do anything special outside of PK. I mean I guess Corvo could work but he's on the downside of his career.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Okay, it's time to acquire some defense. 3 of our 4 best Dmen are out... and we just can't go far with Aaron Rome Andrew Alberts and Chris Tanev all in the lineup. We need to acquire at least 1 top 4. Give up a 3rd.. it's not like we value the draft that much..
    I dunno, depends on how confident the Canucks are that we are going to get those guys back.

vCash
    There really aren't many rental type defensemen that I can see doing much for us.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    okay then, i guess this 16 point lead in the division will be paying off. I'll be ecstatic if we play .500 for the rest of the year.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Whether we like it or not.. we need to trade for a Deenseman. Every team knows what position we're in right now. Having Tanev, Rome, and Suave all in the lineup at the same time just isn't good enough. They know we're desperate so expect an overpayment.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Our defensive injuries are mind boggling. I guess its trade time.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Just another Alberts type like last year someone who can play until we get numbers back

vCash
    Yeah i'd be fine with that. 4th or 5th rounder for a 3rd pairing type of guy.

<3

vCash
    Probably the best thing to do. I wonder who we could get.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...fer-e4/1/33651

so we won't be trading for Phillips.

<3

vCash
    pretty much guaranteed now

vCash
    Philly, who is right neck and neck almost with Vancouver for the overall lead in the NHL, just added Versteeg. This improves a very good Philly team in my opinion. Will Gillis do something creative to keep us competitive with Philly and Detroit entering the playoffs? I look at the roster and guys like: Raymond, Tambellini, Torres and even Malholtra - aren't doing squat. Nice that Raymond and Malhotra picked up a few assists in the last month, but assists are basically "lucky" points (unless you're Hank). Hell, even Lu's gotten a couple of assists this year, same with Schneids. The Canucks team lacks toughness, Oreskovich doesn't seem to have come to the rescue, who will they try next on the 4th line? We used to have a guy who was big, but he couldn't score and made a lot of errors (Pyatt), now Pyatt is doing well for the Coyotes (14 goals so far). And what about Grabner (24 goals), now they're saying he could be a candidate for the Calder, he just celebrated 1st Star honours in the league this week. Hmm, maybe we should've kept him and traded Raymond? I just hope Gillis makes the right tweeks by the trade deadline, the playoffs is about toughness and going to war for the Cup. The Canucks need help here.

vCash
    I think its time to bring back the Ripper.

vCash
    Mayray vs grabs is an interesting debate.

<3

vCash
    I don't think Grabner is that much better than Raymond, I like him more though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast