Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,741
    vCash
    1500

    What should MG do at the deadline?

    With Edler and Ballard both out for at least a month, should Gillis acquire some more defensive depth? Or should he only focus on the offense? Does he need to add some toughness? or some more secondary scoring?

    Or should Gillis just stand pat?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    Defense we can survive with what we have. We need another 2nd line caliber forward. Plenty of them on the trade block. Guys like Connolly, Penner, Hemsky, Setoguchi among others. We need to make a move. We have a lot of pieces we can move including two young stud goalies, plenty of young forwards and defenseman, and good role players such as guys like Raymond. I love this team right now but I think we can be even better.
    TAKE PRIDE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,598
    vCash
    1000
    Bryan McCabe if he can make salaries work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Yeah I would say a 2nd line forward is really the only need, but I don't even think that will happen if Raymond and Sammy keep producing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,598
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Yeah I would say a 2nd line forward is really the only need, but I don't even think that will happen if Raymond and Sammy keep producing.
    Sammy is too streaky for my liking. He also makes too many stupid mistakes. I don't like him as a top six forward. Alexander Steen has 40 points and St. Louis is sitting at 14th in the Western Conference, though their like 8 points out of 8th. Cory Stillman?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Sammy is too streaky for my liking. He also makes too many stupid mistakes. I don't like him as a top six forward. Alexander Steen has 40 points and St. Louis is sitting at 14th in the Western Conference, though their like 8 points out of 8th. Cory Stillman?
    I hate Sammy, but Gillis has a boner for him.

    I agree that we would be better off with...

    Burrows-Sedin-Sedin
    Raymond-Kesler-2nd line F
    Sammy-CoHo-Tamb
    Glass-Malhotra-Torres

    or flip Raymond and Sammy for a speed line.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,741
    vCash
    1500
    Samuelsson is on pace for another career year...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I hate Sammy, but Gillis has a boner for him.

    I agree that we would be better off with...

    Burrows-Sedin-Sedin
    Raymond-Kesler-2nd line F
    Sammy-CoHo-Tamb
    Glass-Malhotra-Torres

    or flip Raymond and Sammy for a speed line.
    I agree with flipping Raymond/Sammy for speed and consistency. The team is playing well regardless of injuries. Cody Hodgson as long as he continues to produce can provide adequate third line center depth. He may not be ideal for that role, but give him time.

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    On record I still think NJ needs to trade Parise unless they want to lose him for nothing in the offseason and I still feel we should make a run at him. We have so many pieces they could use. And Parise with the Sedins would be amazing.
    TAKE PRIDE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    On record I still think NJ needs to trade Parise unless they want to lose him for nothing in the offseason and I still feel we should make a run at him. We have so many pieces they could use. And Parise with the Sedins would be amazing.
    Unless we're giving up:

    Hodgson, Shroeder, and Raymond plus firsts I'm not sure how the Devils would trade Parise to the Canucks. Would I be interested sure, is it logical "probably not". Parise on the Canucks would surely be an emphatic "wow statement".

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Unless we're giving up:

    Hodgson, Shroeder, and Raymond plus firsts I'm not sure how the Devils would trade Parise to the Canucks. Would I be interested sure, is it logical "probably not". Parise on the Canucks would surely be an emphatic "wow statement".
    Well my thing is Brodeur is like 60 and we have both Schnieder and Lack that we could move. I would personally think a deal with Schnieder, Hodgson or Schroeder, Raymond, and maybe a 1st would get it done. They shouldn't expect a huge deal unless Parise signs en extension with the team hes traded to.
    TAKE PRIDE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Well my thing is Brodeur is like 60 and we have both Schnieder and Lack that we could move. I would personally think a deal with Schnieder, Hodgson or Schroeder, Raymond, and maybe a 1st would get it done. They shouldn't expect a huge deal unless Parise signs en extension with the team hes traded to.
    I didn't even think to consider Schnieder. Heh. Wow what a douche I am. Well I could see Schnieder/Schroeder/Raymond and a first? Hence no CoHo since I'm a homer?
    Last edited by GrkGawdofWalkz; 02-09-2011 at 01:42 PM.

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,086
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I didn't even think to consider Schnieder. Heh. Wow what a douche I am. Well I could see Schnieder/Schroeder/Raymond and a first? Hence no CoHo since I'm a homer?
    If Parise signed an extension as well I would do it in a heartbeat. And if they knew they had to get rid of him I could see NJ doing it too. If we did Cody instead of Schroeder which would suck and all it would actually come close to matching up salaries with Raymond, Schnieder, and Cody. But man that feels like such a pipe dream. But just imagine this team if we did that and locked up Parise long term with Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Edler, Malhotra, Burrows, Hamhuis, Ballard, Luongo and others already locked up for at least a couple years and in some cases much longer. That's like a freaking dream team. God I want to be GM right now and have this happen.

    Edit: Apologies, Parise is only making a little over 3 mil right now. I thought he was making closer to 5 mil for some reason. Raymond, Schnieder, and Schroeder would actually mean they would take on some salary lol. That would be sooooo sick. This needs to happen.
    Last edited by BlueJayFanDan; 02-09-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    TAKE PRIDE

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,047
    vCash
    1500
    We still need one or two character players with playoff experience, more importantly, players who know what it takes to get to the finals and win a Cup - like a Cleary-type of player for example. This is partly why I feel Kovalchuk is very over-rated. He has hardly any playoff experience, and him being with the Devils, will probably never see a Cup.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,741
    vCash
    1500
    Mike Fisher traded to Nashville for picks. Ottawa likely blowing that team up.. anyone from that team we would want?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •