Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    when I worked at a local grocery store in high school (awhile ago now) you could easily buy alcohol and whatever food you wanted, including smokes.

And a friend working at wal-mart on another forum just said you could still buy these things.

And our rental houses bring in direct rent from HUD....and it's sometimes to the tune of 850-1000 a month for a family (one house).
    Where do you live? I seriously doubt that's any more true than the welfare queen's driving Cadillacs that Republicans made up 30 years ago.

vCash
    This thread is hilarious. How many of the people advocating for drug testing of welfare recipients would actually advocate drug testing for them? IMO this thread is bread out of pure ignorance.

vCash
    Welfare is obviously a substitute for ppl that dont have the funds to get what they need...
    Because they dont have a job...
    Give them a opportunity to get a Job and they will have to take a drug test to actually have the job.

Untill Then Welfare should be excally what it is...HELP
    Not Help....Only if you live and lead a Personal life..Up to my standards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    This thread is hilarious. How many of the people advocating for drug testing of welfare recipients would actually advocate drug testing for them? IMO this thread is bread out of pure ignorance.
    I support drug testing at work for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLionzDen90 View Post
    Welfare is obviously a substitute for ppl that dont have the funds to get what they need...
    Because they dont have a job...
    Give them a opportunity to get a Job and they will have to take a drug test to actually have the job.

Untill Then Welfare should be excally what it is...HELP
    Not Help....Only if you live and lead a Personal life..Up to my standards
    I hope you dont honestly think that there is a way to live a comfortable life on welfare. You can live on it, but you cant live a comfortable one.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I hope you dont honestly think that there is a way to live a comfortable life on welfare. You can live on it, but you cant live a comfortable one.
    Did you quote the wrong post, or mis-read his?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I support drug testing at work for everyone.
    Disagree. Unless your job performance is sub-par, I could care less what you do on your off time. I just fire you after a warning. The food and bar industry have one of the highest drug use. You wouldn't have any workers if you fire people who fail drug tests. A high percentage of people use illegal (mostly weed) drugs and are still good workers. Carl Sagen, various musicans and sports figure smoke weed and still kick *** at their professions. As a Bakery manager my job is to get the job done, show a profit and please the owners, not wage a social agenda. So, I wouldn't do the same when it comes to drug use and welfare.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-21-2011 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    There is 0 argument against this unless you are using drugs. I get drug tested at my county job and I work for my money. Why would people that get "free" money not have to be tested also? Makes perfect sense.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    There is 0 argument against this unless you are using drugs. I get drug tested at my county job and I work for my money. Why would people that get "free" money not have to be tested also? Makes perfect sense.
    I wonder if the cost of giving those tests to millions of people, considering the high cost of medicine, would be off-set by those drug users you kick off? Will we have weekly testing like some people on probation do? Will we have to hire more bueacrats to oversee the testing, or do you see hostipals hiring more urine tester during a time they are having trouble getting uncle sam to paid medicare and mediaide patients bills on time. This whole thing is undoable.

vCash
    ^ If we can kick people off welfare that are doing drugs and get some people to quit doing drugs. It would save money and possibly lives.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    ^ If we can kick people off welfare that are doing drugs and get some people to quit doing drugs. It would save money and possibly lives.
    If you stop giving drug users welfare, it is not going to magically make them stop using drugs. Let's not pretend this is about saving lives.

There are a million things wrong with this, and it just begs the question of "Why bother?" Why do we care?

Besides, drugs are good (and when you do them people think that you're cool).
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    Are you willing to let the government go deeper in debt or paid more taxes to do it? Considering there are alot of things that can save people lives or get them off drugs that we don't do because of money. Drug treatment, better education are just some of the things I can think of off the top of my head. There isn't a willingness on the political or public mindset to do these things so why this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkShizzle View Post
    Besides, drugs are good (and when you do them people think that you're cool).
    Only other people who do drugs think you are cool and that is because they are on drugs.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Only other people who do drugs think you are cool and that is because they are on drugs.
    Thank you for only responding to the joke portion of my post, which is actually just a reference to a fun song called "Drugs Are Good." Well done!
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    Does anyone think that with state budgets being stretched to the limit, as they claim to be, that there is an infrastructure in place or that could reasonably put in place to satisfy this?

I see the justification for drug testing criminals, they are criminals, but welfare recipients arent criminals and they shouldnt be treated as such.

I am trying to find an average for how much a welfare recipient receives, one number put it at roughly $18,000 an hour. For hourly work that is about $9/hr (Technically 8.653845/hr).
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456