Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eagles may be eager to talk to Plaxico Burress

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick said recently that he wants to reach out to Plaxico Burress, who wants to follow Vickís lead in leaving prison and returning to the NFL.

Now thereís a report suggesting that Burress might become Vickís teammate.

Gary Myers of the New York Daily News writes that heís heard the Eagles will be first in line to talk to Burress (who gets out of prison June 6) whenever the lockout ends. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and coach Andy Reid may like the idea of giving another player a second chance, as they did with Vick.

The biggest question regarding Burress remains whether heíll be in good shape and able to shake off the rust well enough to contribute to an NFL team in 2011, especially considering that he might have a shortened training camp to prepare. Burress turns 34 in August, he hasnít played football since November of 2008, and his production had already begun to decline even before he accidentally put a bullet in his leg and put his career on hold.

But if Burress is capable of playing in the NFL in 2011, the Eagles may be the team for him.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...axico-burress/

"Pride is like a blade. If it rusts, it can never be trusted. If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him."

My 2012 Mock Draft

1. Ryan Tannehill
    2. Mohamed Sanu
    3. Bruce Irvin
    3. Tommy Streeter
    4. Ladarius Green
    5. Blake Gideon, FS
    6. Joe Long, OT (Jake Long's Brother... seriously look it up lol)
    7. Jacquies Smith, DE/OLB

Hey it worked with Vick right.

Why not, they'll soon have a roster loaded with criminals!!
    It Isn't A Job. It Ain't An Occupation.. It's A Calling.

10 Truck

5th Battalion
    Technical Rescue

I imagine they aren't the only ones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Idk why the Eagles would want him honestly. We have 4 good receivers. I'm not buying this story. The only reason this rumor is out there is because they did it with Vick. As for his personal ****. Just like Vick I don't really care if the guy can play. My disinterest in him comes more out of the lack of need for him than his criminal record.
    Last edited by EaglesJackson10; 05-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

I agree 110% with this ^

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES OFFSEA* SPURS (39-7) * PHILLIES (0-0)*SOONERS FB OFFSEA

Hey, the team could change their name from the Eagles to the Felons or the Ex-cons. There's always that.

Burress definitely used to be a great WR threat. But he's 34 years old, and hasn't played in 2 years. The Eagles already have a very good WR core. I just don't see this happening for Philly. He will land somewhere though, I have no doubt. But I would be very surprised if it's Philly.

I don't think the Eagles are thinking this regardless of what the article says. The Eagles since Andy Reid has been here have kept very few players past the age of 30 - 32. I don't see them taking a 34 year old WR that was already slowing down, especially when they have an explosive fast paced offense.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    Idk why the Eagles would want him honestly. We have 4 good receivers. I'm not buying this story. The only reason this rumor is out there is because they did it with Vick. As for his personal ****. Just like Vick I don't really care if they guy can play. My disinterest in him comes more out of the lack of need for him than his criminal record.

The Eagles don't have a need for a Tall receiver with good hands???? The Eagles need all the red zone help they can get. Plax would be a great player for red zone situations, if he can shake of the rust and is in good shape. I say give the man a shot.
    Check out the Pecks, the Abs are made of steel... This is the real life Johnny B.
    By the way, the hat is Brooklyn, not Boston, sorry Bean Heads.

IMO he is going to be a beast when he come back and I hope on the Giants
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

he'll stick the the normal pattern of criminals. Oakland or Cincinatti
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    The Eagles don't have a need for a Tall receiver with good hands???? The Eagles need all the red zone help they can get. Plax would be a great player for red zone situations, if he can shake of the rust and is in good shape. I say give the man a shot.
    x2

I thought there was some sort of law prohibiting ex-cons from consorting with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    he'll stick the the normal pattern of criminals. Oakland or Cincinatti
    What about ur ravens? They also love some felons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast