Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Devin Hester HOF?

Obviously not for being a receiver but considering he is the best punt returner ever. (statistically speaking)

vCash
    I doubt it. Steve Tasker, Ray Guy and other specialty players aren't. Hester would probably have to have a game winning return in the Super Bowl or championship game of something like Viniatieri (sp?) has to get in the Hall and even he isn't a sure thing.

vCash
    ^^ What bootsy said.

vCash
    I'm not to sure about special teams players and their chances. Sounds like in the past they didnt really consider them to much, however in today's game it is obviously 1/3rd of the game. Apparently in the old days they didnt even have ST coaches. Anyways it looks like D Sanders thinks Devin should be in the HOF for punt returning.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5943305"]

vCash

vCash
    If his career was to end today than I say no...If he continues to improve as a WR than I say its very possible.But he's gonna have to be a more complete WR & be more productive as a WR as well.If he does all that than he'll be a HOFer, maybe not 1st ballot but he'll get in.
    FROM ORACLE ARENA TO OLDSCHOOL CANDLESTICK PARK

vCash
    Nope. He is just a return man. If Ray Guy hasn't got in for being the best punter and Steve Tasker for being hands down the best special teamer then neither does Hester. If Deion Sanders was a piss poor cornerback he wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame either but he was very good had 53 career interceptions for 9 touchdowns.

vCash
    I am actually going to go against the grain here and say yes. The dude is only in his 5th year, if he can keep up the pace he is at he is going to make some records almost untouchable. Special Teams is becoming more important than it has ever been.

Hester will be in the HOF.

vCash
    kick returning/put returning > punting. he will be in it only because of his returning ability and he will probably end with the record broken so badly i doubt it'll be reached.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochalman View Post
    kick returning/put returning > punting. he will be in it only because of his returning ability and he will probably end with the record broken so badly i doubt it'll be reached.
    You obviously don't understand the greatness of Ray Guy and just how much he helped his teams out. Sure, its "only punting" but he was incredible, he practically won games for the Raiders just with how well he punted the ball. Ray Guy deserves to get into the HoF more than any other Special Teamer on the planet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochalman View Post
    Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. PR/KR isn't nearly as important as punting/kicking. If a team has a terrible punter or kicker, it doesn't matter how good the return man is, they're still going to have decent field position.

A good punter is going take a punt returner out of the game.

Hester is good, and may keep the return record forever, but I doubt he'll be in the hall of fame.
    [Minnesota Vikings] - [Chicago White Sox] - [Purdue Boilermakers]

vCash
    Steve Tasker and Ray Guy are one of a multitude of reasons why not. Although I am more inclined to see if Mitchell makes it, who was a returner, HB, WR. Has about the most all purpose yards in NFL history...