Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks for the support guys and I'll be sure to watch my rest periods

vCash
    Breakfast

Fiber One bar. Orange juice to drink

Lunch

Chicken wrap with white rice, lettuce, cheese, and ranch dressing. Water to drink

Dinner

Grilled chicken and vegetables on pita bread. Water to drink

Post workout

Protein bar (23 grams) and Gatorade

vCash
    Today was day 2 of Stamina's workout so I did abs and biceps but not legs, my knee still hasn't fully recovered.

Abs

Crunches - 4 sets, 30 reps each
    Hanging leg raises - 4 sets, 30 reps each
    Leg raises - 3 sets, 20s 20s 25s

Biceps

Barbell curls - 4 sets of 12 reps, 50 lbs
    Incline Bench Dumbbell Curls - 4 sets of 12 reps, first 3 were 20 lbs and last was 25lbs
    Hammer Dumbbell Curls - 4 sets of 12 reps, can't remember if it was 20 or 25lbs

Plyometrics to finish

I also wanted to get your guys' opinion on my weight. When I started I was 153 lbs and am now 156, what do you think is the reason for this increase? I have been eating healthier, running and lifting more but it doesn't seem like I would gain 3 lbs in 3 weeks or however long it has been. Is this just my weight varying or something else?

vCash
    weight definitely varies. It can fluctuate about 5lbs at a time.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    ^Definitely.

I wouldn't worry about a swing of weight 3-6 (or so) pounds over the course of a day (and even between days). Before going to a gym, I might be at X weight, but as soon as I'm there and weighing myself, I'm 2 lbs heavier...but that's because that's how much the water I drink before weighs.

I'd be more concerned if after 3-4 days you're still up that 3lbs or so...and even then, a good poop might get you back to where you were/below there

vCash
    Haha I suppose that could put me back under lol. Also good to hear that weight does fluctuate. That's the conclusion I was coming to but I just wanted to make sure

vCash
    Breakfast

Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich. Chocolate milk to drink

Lunch

Turkey and swiss sandwich with mustard, small bag of chips, a Nutrigrain bar, and two cookies. Iced tea to drink

Dinner

An Italian hoagie and cup of chicken noodle soup (my throat was sore all day). Water to drink

Post Workout

A Nutrigrain bar and Gatorade

vCash
    Well today was the off day in Staminas workout so I just went to the gym to do some cardio. Was on the bike for 30mins with an average heart rate of 135 and 250ish calories burned. It was weird how much more I sweat after/during the bike as compared to running. Overall running is harder in my opinion but I suppose it might be the increased heart rate

vCash
    God stuff Toma! How are you liking it so far? Any questions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    God stuff Toma! How are you liking it so far? Any questions?
    Love it so far. I personally like doing specific areas on specific days a lot more than what I was doing. This way, it is more focused, takes less time to get better results, and I can feel it a lot more, as opposed to just doing a general upper body workout. Luckily for me, I have a friend who has been going with me (not exactly sure what his goals are come to think of it, maybe to lower cholesterol?) so that has been some extra motivation and kind of keeps me on track as well. I think the only questions I have at this point are:

-General exercise names but it is a learning process and I just look them up
    -Is there a certain kind of protein/supplement that I should look into based on what I have told you guys so far?
    - One of my goals is to regain my endurance/speed but will I lose muscle mass if I run after a workout?
    - Will slightly tweaking your sets/reps do more harm than good (in most cases the sets/reps are more than you listed)

These are the only ones I can think of for now but I am sure I will have more as I continue. My question to you is, what should I be doing differently and is my diet ok?

vCash
    Breakfast

Fiber One bar. Water to drink

Lunch

Chicken tenders with mased potatoes and gravy. Water to drink

vCash
    Not sure if I'll be able to get to the gym tonight but I'm going for a run pretty soon to take full advantage of this "heat wave" we are currently experiencing

vCash
    Well I wasn't able to make it to the gym but I will tomorrow. Ran about 4-5 miles today and felt great, the weather was too nice to pass up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Love it so far. I personally like doing specific areas on specific days a lot more than what I was doing. This way, it is more focused, takes less time to get better results, and I can feel it a lot more, as opposed to just doing a general upper body workout. Luckily for me, I have a friend who has been going with me (not exactly sure what his goals are come to think of it, maybe to lower cholesterol?) so that has been some extra motivation and kind of keeps me on track as well. I think the only questions I have at this point are:

-General exercise names but it is a learning process and I just look them up
    -Is there a certain kind of protein/supplement that I should look into based on what I have told you guys so far?
    - One of my goals is to regain my endurance/speed but will I lose muscle mass if I run after a workout?
    - Will slightly tweaking your sets/reps do more harm than good (in most cases the sets/reps are more than you listed)

These are the only ones I can think of for now but I am sure I will have more as I continue. My question to you is, what should I be doing differently and is my diet ok?

Protein intake is essential for building lean muscle. A popular brand that is fairly cheap in price is Dymatize Elite. 30-40 bucks will get you a 5lb tub which can last up to 2 months (depending on frequency of use)

Running after a workout is great!! That is when your body is at it's burning peak. You will drop fat in no time! Just try to limit the cardio to about a half hour if you are doing it immediately after weight training.

Adjusting the routine is fine, do what works best for you. Just stay true to your form and rest periods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Protein intake is essential for building lean muscle. A popular brand that is fairly cheap in price is Dymatize Elite. 30-40 bucks will get you a 5lb tub which can last up to 2 months (depending on frequency of use)

Running after a workout is great!! That is when your body is at it's burning peak. You will drop fat in no time! Just try to limit the cardio to about a half hour if you are doing it immediately after weight training.

Adjusting the routine is fine, do what works best for you. Just stay true to your form and rest periods.
    I know I need to get the protein and a friend of mine is a "gold member" or something along those lines at GNC so I'll have to have him buy me some stuff.

Glad to hear that running after is a good thing. As you can tell, running is important for rugby and after running all these years, it would be hard to give it up. I'm so glad that it is not detrimental to gaining muscle.

Like I said earlier, the only real tweaks I have are more reps with abs and slightly less with upper body, only if I can't finish the set

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast