Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gym accidents

vCash

Gym accidents

Have anyone you guys had any gym accidents that you experienced while at the gym?

This happened to me today. I was finishing up my last leg workout and one of the staff members came to a machine ( back row machine ) to fix it because the weight was stuck on top. He tried pulling it to see if the weight stack would come down and nothing. I got off my machine to see if I could assist him in solving the problem, since I knew the guy.

Well, it all happened so fast.

He put his had in the middle of the machine, trying to wiggle the bar to bring down the weight stack and it came down! He quickly got his hand out of the way as the weight stack slammed down. As he looked his his middle finger, the first portion of it was torn up! I mean he was missing a piece of his finger! Blood everywhere. I was right there and saw it. Piece of his finger was still on the weight stack in between the weights. Ambulance came and wrapped it up and took him to the hospital.

It was crazy, never have I ever seen anything like that.

How about you guys?
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    i was doing DB presses on the exercise ball once and it exploded from under me
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    i frequently fart on the tread mill

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I saw a guy suffer a compound fracture of the leg doing hack squats. UNREAL....I still get sick thinking about it. It was awful....

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I saw a guy suffer a compound fracture of the leg doing hack squats. UNREAL....I still get sick thinking about it. It was awful....
    that sounds absolutely horrible
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    i was doing DB presses on the exercise ball once and it exploded from under me

You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I miss-interpreted the subject line. The first thing I thought of was someone accidentally pooping their pants while under strenuous training.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    When I was 17-18 I was in the gym all alone and got 235lbs stuck on my chest. That kinda sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    i frequently fart on the tread mill
    Me too. I call it run farting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroia View Post
    When I was 17-18 I was in the gym all alone and got 235lbs stuck on my chest. That kinda sucked.
    At what point did it hit you...hmmm this might have been a mistake. LOL That sucks man glad your ok.

I did not see this. I was not there, but I knew this guy in high school that got into a fight and someone hit him with a curl bar in weight training. It somehow cut his rib area and left a bad scar. The scar looked bad and I heard the fight was worse.

Crazy kids....

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    At what point did it hit you...hmmm this might have been a mistake. LOL That sucks man glad your ok.

I did not see this. I was not there, but I knew this guy in high school that got into a fight and someone hit him with a curl bar in weight training. It somehow cut his rib area and left a bad scar. The scar looked bad and I heard the fight was worse.

Crazy kids....
    Luckily I didn't just drop it on myself. I was able to lower it but couldn't push it back up. I had to roll it down my chest and stomach until it got to my quads. The I was able to sit up and get it off me. That's the only time that has ever happened.

vCash
    I've only had one injury with lifting, which was due to shoddy spotting in high school. We were maxing on squat and I was the only person in my group who took spotting seriously, so as I was trying to push up 450 lbs I began to fall. Desperately, I looked to my left, and looked to my right to see that no one was there. Out of nowhere a buddy of mine who probably weighed 140 lbs (several groups away from mine) and not very strong at all tried to help me, but failed. I dropped it and strained my neck, but he messed up his elbow somehow and couldn't lift for a few months.

I did see one other serious injury (I'm sure we've all seen someone over-strain themselves someway, but I wouldn't call those serious), but when I was in my junior year of college I walked into the weight room to find a massive woman screaming in pain surrounded by a crowd of people. She had tried leg pressing and I guess her feet slipped off of it and it crashed down into her quads. I don't know how bad it messed her up, but her screams were so loud that I couldn't finish my workout due to a huge migraine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I've only had one injury with lifting, which was due to shoddy spotting in high school. We were maxing on squat and I was the only person in my group who took spotting seriously, so as I was trying to push up 450 lbs I began to fall. Desperately, I looked to my left, and looked to my right to see that no one was there. Out of nowhere a buddy of mine who probably weighed 140 lbs (several groups away from mine) and not very strong at all tried to help me, but failed. I dropped it and strained my neck, but he messed up his elbow somehow and couldn't lift for a few months.

I did see one other serious injury (I'm sure we've all seen someone over-strain themselves someway, but I wouldn't call those serious), but when I was in my junior year of college I walked into the weight room to find a massive woman screaming in pain surrounded by a crowd of people. She had tried leg pressing and I guess her feet slipped off of it and it crashed down into her quads. I don't know how bad it messed her up, but her screams were so loud that I couldn't finish my workout due to a huge migraine.
    I often wonder how these large people have trouble walking and don't start saying, I may need to eat healthier, I may need to do some exercise.

Not saying that applies to this women. I just wonder how our country has gotten so outta shape. When did it become cool, " OK ", fun to be unhealthy.

I see large people having problems even walking around. They look tired and their bodies in distress. Why not start walking and eating smaller portions.

Its very sad, I feel for the kids of these parents with bad habits.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    so embarrassing lol

vCash
    I heard this one guy who was squatting 225 (quarter squatting) was told to go down farther by his buddy. So as he tried to do a full squat, he just slowly fell backwards on his ***. I wish I could've been there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast