Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    I dont see how saying that religion is a myth is intolerance. Just based on Jesus' birth there are ridiculous leaps that no one here would dare accept if they were proposed with them.

If your wife or girlfriend came to you and said she was pregnant even though you never had sex would you trust her? And then if she said she never had sex with anyone as the defense to it all, would you trust her?

And as far as the Christians in China, well i dont see how that is any different than anyone else gets treated in China, in that country brutal oppression is a common bond between everyone who isnt in the leadership. It is a cruel and heartless version of hazing by the ruling class that never ends until death.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philab View Post
    Also, the tolerance thing is wearing pretty thin. Can I ask you kindly to stop? It's becoming awfully inflammatory.
    I'd like to second this. It's hard for me to believe this hasn't crossed the line into baiting at this point. If I can't call someone ignorant, whether they may be or not, it's hard for me to see how someone can call others closed-minded and intolerant six hundred times and that be okay.

If you want to argue the point, that's fine. I'd even encourage it. The remarks about people being closed-minded just strikes me as a stomping fit and under-the-radar name calling at this point.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    I'd be interested to hear moree about why now this change in headings and footnotes. I don;t know- it just seems odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro
    The remarks about people being closed-minded just strikes me as a stomping fit and under-the-radar name calling at this point.
    I have another word for it - "true."
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I'd like to second this. It's hard for me to believe this hasn't crossed the line into baiting at this point. If I can't call someone ignorant, whether they may be or not, it's hard for me to see how someone can call others closed-minded and intolerant six hundred times and that be okay.

If you want to argue the point, that's fine. I'd even encourage it. The remarks about people being closed-minded just strikes me as a stomping fit and under-the-radar name calling at this point.
    Indeed.

At this point, it's time to start treating him like every other troll and simply stop feeding him.

If we all ignore his rantings, it will be like he's not even here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Indeed.

At this point, it's time to start treating him like every other troll and simply stop feeding him.

If we all ignore his rantings, it will be like he's not even here.
    I had him ignored for months on this very basis. Since removing that ignore, I realize I was missing virtually no commentary about the actual topics of threads, and a whole lot about the structure of people's arguments and attitudes. Given the lack of value added, I think it's time to adjust my settings once again.
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The billboard in New Jersey was a response to about 100,000 roadside "Jesus is the way" "Jesus is the answer", etc. billboards. It's funny that god and christianity can be shoved down everyone's throat in this country (its on the money and our courts make people swear on a bible) and yet one atheist puts up a sign and they are demonized on every show. You need to get the intolerance issue straight.
    thank you. my thoughts exactly, but add in the anti-abortion billboards throughout rural america as well, they take the Holy/Jesus approach as well.

I keep reading how calling out ridiculous beliefs is intolerance. Is anyone willing to agree with the stories made up by a 19th century documented con man? we aren't talking about a period with little written history. THere was press and law, and documented history. Joseph smith was a con man and any of these "saints" should answer what they beleive, whether it be harry reid or mitt romney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

He's doing nothing wrong. If you don't like what he has to say, I encourage you to use the ignore feature.

Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    He's doing nothing wrong. If you don't like what he has to say, I encourage you to use the ignore feature.

Thank you
    Okay, so if I, say, call you a bigot six times a day, every day, for two months, then I'm also doing "nothing wrong," right?

Ad hominem attacks, baiting, tangential unsubstantiated attacks ... all kosher?

No one on this board ever even claimed to be "tolerant" or "open-minded." And certainly no one ever claimed to be tolerant of everything, to the point of absurdity. And to the extent that it is a valid retort (it's not), its use ad nauseum is in no way productive. And when we take into account that the attacks are completely out of left field and that they are nothing but one-off comments ... please. You've got to be kidding me if you're going to stand behind this behavior, and in the hallowed, walk-on-eggshells "Politics and Religion" forum of all places.

vCash
    The ZTP was removed awhile ago, due to everyone complaining about over moderating site wide. So it is what it is.

vCash
    The ZTP was removed awhile ago, due to everyone complaining about over moderating site wide. So it is what it is.
    I never called for infractions. To stand behind such posting is a different matter, though.

Seriously, if I start calling every poster that I disagree with a "bigot" in every post, am I "doing nothing wrong"?

vCash
    people have called others bigots or introduced the concept especially when it came to gay rights.

vCash
    But lets get back on topic, if you have more questions, feel free to PM me. I'll answer the questions as best I can. Thanks

vCash

Thank you
    That's... impressive.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash

Thank you
    So what happens when I don't like what mods or TM's have to say?

Why isn't there an option to ignore those people?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast