Some very weird lists?!?!!? I'd like to hear some of the reasons.
So fav five? Not five best?
1. Stockton: For half of his career, every time the dude stepped on the court he broke two NBA records every night, because he set them halfway through his career. And at 40+ he was still posting the highest assists-per minutes in the league! At FORTY!!! Team first play, great shooter, and longevity, what is not to love.
2. Tim Duncan: Everything I love about Stockton, I love about Duncan. Great all around talent, team-first mentality, works the boards, great defender. In my wet dreams Stockton is playing with Duncan and Mutumbo in his front court, and they win more rings than Russell!
3. Mutumbo: Not only was he a great athlete, great defender/rebounder (likely the best defender of his generation and behind Rodman the best rebounder too), team first player and never demanded the ball, and he is an amazing person on top of it. Donates truckloads of his own money to build a hospital in his native country. Man, he is a saint!
4. Hakeem: The most underrated player in the history of the league. I honestly think if you put this guy in the 1960s he would have made Chamberlain look like a chump! The dude had the most amazing pivot moves in the history of the game, amazing defender (the shot blocker that turn his blocks into steals, much like Robsinson), amazing rebounder and great passer out of the double team. And he was just such a great personality, none of this diva $#!T, no trade demands after his team goes nearly ten years without a ring, he just plugs along and puts his work in.
5. Russell/Cousy: I cant separate these two in my mind. I remember reading a book about the Celtic dynasty when i was in highschool, and there was a bit about Cousy and a teammate hitting the subway after the game, and when his teammate (who was black) went to use the bathroom, he couldnt, because it was segragated, so the dude had to take a p!ss of the platform... cousy skipped the bathroom and dropped it out side by side and took a p!ss of the playform next to him, because he saw his teammate as an equal. He defined the PG position for future generation, had flash, and had a heart. As for Russell, he was everything that a player should be, took pride on defence, didnt need to stuff his socring stats, jsut wanted to do what the team needed to win, and played into the system.
Those are some of my fav guys, Dumars, Laimbere and Hill all rank pretty high in my book to, Nash and moses and Kalr Malone as well. Oh, and Reggie miller
I only have four. There's a huge gap to the next.
Last edited by Mr Haha; 02-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.
1. Charlie Ward
2. Allan Houston
3. Patrick Ewing
4. Blake Griffen (i love this kid!)
5. Gary Payton
1. Ben Wallace
2. Isiah Thomas
4. Dr. J
C - Shaquille O'Neal
PF - Karl Malone
SF - LeBron James
SG - Dwyane Wade
PG - Gary Payton
Magic, Jordan, Julius, Moses, Hakeem
Last edited by Steelers23_06; 02-20-2011 at 10:10 PM.
I think Lebron is just the best all-around player we have in the game today.-Magic Johnson
1) Jason Kidd(easily my favorite player ever)
2) Gary Payton
3) Larry Bird
4) Karl Malone
5) Shawn Kemp
BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!