Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2907 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 190724072807285728972905290629072908290929172957300734073907 ... LastLast
Results 43,591 to 43,605 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash

Chicago Blackhawks Rip or Praise Player Thread

Ok here is something a bit new to the boards here. We will use this thread for you guys to come in here and praise or rip a Blackhawks and/or Icehogs player. Disputes are welcomed, and maybe encouraged, but keep them friendly
    Also staff members of the organization can be thrown in at any time too. Please share your opinions on the following questions.

Current Blackhawks Roster:
    Favorite Player-
    Lease Favorite Player-

Favorite Prospect-
    Least Favorite Prospect- (biggest bust)

vCash
    I also have the NHL's formula for determining new Cap Hits, so if ya want to know let me know what player your intrested in. Als from TSN here iswhatsome of the Canadian teams are lokng to do.
    Montreal is looking to aqquire players.
    They have two needs and it will be interesting to see which ends up being the priority. With Josh Gorges and Andrei Markov out, they certainly need another defenceman, especially with Hal Gill and Roman Hamrlik slated to go to unrestricted free agency this summer. But they could also use a top-six forward to punch up the offence, perhaps an improvement on Andrei Kostitsyn.
    Ottawa is lookng to blow up their roster.
    In Ottawa, Daniel Alfredsson and Erik Karlsson are the only untouchables.

At this time, Jason Spezza's contract is unmovable and the same is probably true of Sergei Gonchar's and Filip Kuba's. Teams calling on any others, including Mike Fisher and Chris Neil, are being told, make us an offer.

Ottawa isn't eager to unload Fisher or Neil, but for the right price it could happen. The Senators most coveted asset is soon to be unrestricted free agent defenceman Chris Phillips, who could perhaps fetch a second-round pick. Other impending free agents Alexei Kovalev and Jarko Ruuttu won't yield much but there's been some calls on them and they could move.
    And with Toronto
    Toronto, meanwhile, would like to parlay a defenceman into a potential top-six or top-nine forward. Most of the calls the Leafs get are on Francois Beauchemin and while the Leafs will move the veteran, they have to get a substantial return because of the minutes he logs.

The last thing Tomas Kaberle wants is yet another dog-and-pony show on will he or won't he waive his no-trade clause, but sometime between now and the deadline, Kaberle will let Burke know whether he'll consider a move or just play it out to unrestricted free agency.

I would be wary of trade rumours involving Mikhail Grabovski, Nikolai Kulemin and Clarke MacArthur. There are no untouchables up front in Toronto, but those guys are young and affordable and they're producing, qualities that are not in abundant supply in the Leaf lineup.
    anyone from any of those teams interest you? I think its interesting that Kessel isn't listed as un-touchable in Toronto

vCash
    I'll start it off with the prospects...because I feel pretty strongly about the potential bust.

Favorite Prospect:
    Jeremy Morin. The guy is a sniper and his one big knock has always been his skating, but I think he improved that tremendously in the offseason and looked good up with the Blackhawks. He reminds me a lot of Brouwer. Morin is a perfect compliment for any of our top 6 guys. He can hit, snipe, and do it all.

Least Favorite Prospect: Kyle Beach. I just don't feel good about the guy at all. He seems to be an absolute moron on and off the ice. He takes dumb penalties and doesn't always pick the best time to fight. I also think that he has to make some major improvements on his speed or he will be an after thought. I hope he proves me wrong because he is a guy that can be a force...I just don't see it happening.

vCash

Chicago Blackhawks Fan Introduction Thread

Hello, and welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks Forum. We would like to welcome all Chicago fans to come in and be active, and support the NHL Franchise. Whether you are a die-hard Hockey fan, Blackhawks fan, or new fan of the sport all are welcome to join, dont be shy

Favorite Player:
    Favorite Player All Time:
    Fan Since:
    Favorite Blackhawks Moment:
    Favorite Blackhawks Cup Season Moment:
    Also let us know if your interested in creating Game Threads, posting news, Etc. Also if you have any ideas to add to the forum discussion, just let Boom!, W1ndyc1tyflyer, or myself know.
    Last edited by icehogfan08; 08-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    2-1 after 1 period.(well not quite still in the 1st period after some lights went out) The powerplay looked great, and all 4 lines are playing solid. Couple of bad turn overs in the back end, hopefully the D settles down

vCash
    Toews!!!!

vCash
    Looks like the offense didn't miss a beat, Turco on the other hand is still struggling.

vCash
    Favorite Player- Viktor Stalberg (excluding the stars) If he isnt traded, I expect to see him log in a few more minutes a game by the end of the season.

Least Favorite Player- Jake Dowell Very cheap option at center on the 4th line which I understand but I just dont like him out there. There are veterans out there who can replace him with more experience and grit at the same price.

Favorite Prospect- Kyle Beach. I have never followed a prospect in any sport and hope my team drafts him like the Hawks did. I remember watching the draft and I almost jumped thru the roof when they chose him. Unless I am wrong, the guy is maturing and has not had any problems on or off the ice in the past few seasons(maybe 1 suspension last season). His past issues seem to haunt him, especially on this forum. This year is a huge stepping stone for him. We wont see him until he resigns with the team at a lower salary and I am hoping he does pan out. I am very biased when it comes to Beach but understand he has the potential to be as much of a bust as he could be a stud.

Least Favorite Prospect- Igor Makorov I dont think hell ever see the ice in Chicago
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Blackhawks up 5 - 3 right now with 8 Mins left in the 3rd.

Kane took a hard hit from Methot. Toews stood up for him, got in his face right away. Later in the period, Brouwer hits him hard and then fights him.

About time our team did that. That's all you need to do. Send a message.

vCash
    ^^^ Beach has 91 PIMs this year (7 fighting majors) through 44 games played. He has 22 points and is a -13. Everything I have read is saying that he is still taking stupid penalties. If he had half a brain I would feel good about him...he just hasn't proved otherwise.

He has potential, especially with his size and hands...but he needs to get his act together.

vCash
    ^^^ I know hes been benched for taking stupid penalties too
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Great game today. Gave up 4 goals... but that's fine, that's not the Hawks problem. They had a good penalty kill game and they scored a ton. Keep it going!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    ^^^ I know hes been benched for taking stupid penalties too
    If he can get past the dumb penalties, he could be a solid 3rd liner in the NHL...next year. He could put up 15+ goals and 20+ assists with his hands. He is just a liability out there a lot of times though.

He needs to improve his foot speed and defensive play. But most of all he has to stop making poor decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2PlayBall View Post
    Great game today. Gave up 4 goals... but that's fine, that's not the Hawks problem. They had a good penalty kill game and they scored a ton. Keep it going!
    Best thing tonight is that 5 of the 7 goals came from guys who we need to score and contribute. Bolland, Hossa, Kane, Toews, and Keith all had goals tonight. That is the effort we need from guys like that.

vCash
    Addressing the Beach situation, he hasn't had any off ice problems that I have heard of which is a plus. Unfortunatly, the on ice issues are all there. He hasn't looked dominiant consistantly at all. He has had streaks of looking fantastic on the offensive end but he is easily goaded into taking bad penalties and he can be selfish in terms of when he fights. When you have 90+ PIMS and only 35 of thoe are fighting majors, that indicates a problem.

The bigger issue I have is on D. I look at +/- with a questioning eye for a lot of players but for him I believe it is pretty reflective of his 2 way effort. It's his first full year and he has the physical tools but it's going to take more work between the ears.

As for Jake Dowell, he is EXACTLY the type of player I want on my team. He kills penalties, fights, can score, blocks shots, and is a great team mate. What people don't give him credit for is his leadership on and off the ice. THe guy isn't going to win any beauty contests in his game but that's perfect for a 4th liner. He can also swing up a line in a pinch. You are getting every dime of your money with that guy and IMO a lot more.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.