Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Blackhawks Add Swedish Center Marcus Kruger

www.twitter.com/TimSassone

Swedish newspaper SPORT - Expression reporting center Marcus Kruger on his way to join Blackhawks
    Bowman wanted Kruger on the team this year but Kruger didn't feel he was ready. A Bolland-type smart center
    Last edited by giventofly; 03-22-2011 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...ory?id=6246203

Really interesting move. Doesn't make me feel good about Bolland and Sharp's injuries though.

Kruger is interesting, undersized but has some great skill.

vCash
    Wow. I just read that hes expected to be here for the remaining 10 games this season.
    This will definitely give Kruger great experience as he is rumored to be their 2nd line center of the future. I personally think hes a little small but so is Marc Savard.

What does this mean for the Hawks?

I say holy **** and start looking forward to the baseball season to start.

Im assuming...

Brouwer/Stalberg Toews Kane
    Frolik Kruger Hossa

And the 3rd and 4th are completely up in the air.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    i'm interested in seeing him play. He could be a nice fit in between Hossa & Frolik
    Marcus Kruger Stats and Bio

vCash
    I have heard on the score that Sharpie's injury is just a bruise, but is going to require time to heal hopefully just a few games. While Bolland has a concussion and you can never know a time table on a concussion considering Crosby has been out since January with a concussion.

vCash
    Looks like Sharpie could be back in 2 weeks

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...ory?id=6246527

vCash
    ^^^ good news, we haven't heard anything about Bolland in a while...making me worried. He could be out for the rest of the year at this point...

vCash
    ^^losing Bolland would be a huge hit for this team

vCash
    I am excited to see how Kruger does. I had him as their 2nd line center for next season on my preliminary roster.

For those that know about him, he is a versatile, playmaking, two way forward. The comparision I can think of is that he is like Michael Nylander, but defensively responsible.

Lines I would like to see:
    Frolik- Toews- Kane
    Bickell- Kruger- Hossa
    Brouwer- Dowell- Pisani
    Stallberg- Johnson- Kopecky

Coach Q...please leave Kopecky on the 4th line. Every time he touches the puck I cringe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masseycubs View Post
    I am excited to see how Kruger does. I had him as their 2nd line center for next season on my preliminary roster.

For those that know about him, he is a versatile, playmaking, two way forward. The comparision I can think of is that he is like Michael Nylander, but defensively responsible.

Lines I would like to see:
    Frolik- Toews- Kane
    Bickell- Kruger- Hossa
    Brouwer- Dowell- Pisani
    Stallberg- Johnson- Kopecky

Coach Q...please leave Kopecky on the 4th line. Every time he touches the puck I cringe.
    I'd like to see Frolik go down to line two (he is a good backchecker and Hossa/Frolik will help out defensively if Kruger struggles), Brouwer up to line 1, and Bickell down to line three. I don't think Frolik would work well with Toews/Kane for some reason, I feel they need a Brouwer type up there.

vCash
    Yeah I would not be surprised if Bolland was done for the season.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwstriker299 View Post
    Yeah I would not be surprised if Bolland was done for the season.....
    Unfortunately such is the state of concussions. We'll be lucky to have him back this season. However, good news on Sharp not being gone long.

On Kruger, it's exciting to get him playing on NHL ice. Frolly is not doing well when at the dot, why not try something out and give the kid some experience.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Sharp Toews Kane
    Brouwer Bolland Hossa
    Bickell Kruger Frolik
    Stalberg Dowell/Johnson Pisani

would be sick for next season if Kruger can prove he belongs here.

vCash
    ^^^ I agree, but I actually think that you put Kruger up in the second line and Bolland down in the third. Kruger will most likely have more offensive upside than Bolland and can feed the puck to Hossa all day. Kruger would struggle in a shut down role on the 3rd line because of his size. Also, I think if you put Kruger on the second with Hossa, Hossa will help out big time defensively as he is a beast.

Just my reasons for Kruger sliding up and Bolland going down.

A guy I look to, in hopes of fast success for Kruger, is Marcus Johansson of the Capitals. Johansson played in the SEL last year (same league as Kruger) and put up 20 points in 42 games. Johansson has 26 points in 61 games this year, while being primarily on the 3rd line for the Caps. Last year in the SEL, Kruger put up 31 points in 38 games and 35 points in 52 games this year. The guy is a set up stud...and potentially with Hossa, the sky is the limit.

vCash
    Looks like Kruger will be on the third line tonight.

The 20-year-old center landed in Chicago on Tuesday, brought over once his season ended with Djurgardens of the Swedish Elite League. The former fifth-round pick from 2009 jumped on a line with Troy Brouwer and Bryan Bickell at the morning skate.
    http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...,5397230.story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast