Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Kings expected to offer Fox in Kyrie proposal

The Sacramento Kings are putting together a trade offer for Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving, league sources told Amico Hoops late Saturday.

The proposed package is expected to include rookie point guard De’Aaron Fox, sources said, and perhaps center Kosta Koufos, as well as others to help make the salaries match.

According to a stunning report released Thursday, Irving has told the Cavs he wants to be traded.

“They will get the earth, the sun and the moon for the guy,” Cleveland.com reported a top NBA executive as saying. “He is 25, an all-star and under contract at below market for two more years.”

Irving has been an All-Star in each of his six NBA seasons, and the Cavs have reached the Finals three straight times — winning the franchise’s first championship in 2016.

Irving averaged a career-high 25.2 points and 5.8 assists last season, but the Cavs failed to repeat, losing to the Golden State Warriors in five games.

According to reports, he wants to get away from Cavs superstar LeBron James and his strong personality and grip on the city.

Numerous teams are expected to call the Cavaliers now that the news is out there about Irving. According to Amico Hoops sources, Phoenix, Minnesota, Denver and New Orleans have already plotted their calls and offers.

Fox is a 6-foot-4 point guard out of Kentucky. He was selected with the No. 5 overall pick in the June draft after one college season. He will make about $4.6 million in the first year of his contract. The Kings recently signed veteran point guard George Hill in free agency to help mentor Fox.

Irving is due $18.9 million next season, $20 million the year after that, and a player option of more than $21 million in the final year of his contract.

With or without Irving on the roster, soon-to-be general manager Koby Altman and the Cavs are expected to meet with free agent point guard Derrick Rose, with the intention of signing him.

Altman and Cavs owner Dan Gilbert are handling the trade calls involving Irving.
    http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-kyr...s-deaaron-fox/

Amico is a terrible reporter, but maybe he's right. Who knows? Just trying to talk about something during this dead period.
    De'Aaron Fox | Buddy Hield | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Skal Labissiere

“When you put Peyton and Big Ben together, you get Andrew Luck. He has the cerebralness of Peyton and the grit of Ben. ” - Bruce Arians on Andrew Luck

God no.....

Injury history
    ball dominant
    terrible at Def

God no....

injury prone
    terrible def
    ball dominant

It would make sense if we were a few pieces away... but that's not the case.

I heard Denver is going to offer as well...

The Kings reportedly have no interest in trading away De'Aaron Fox in a package that would net them Kyrie Irving.
    Fox's name was floated in a recent trade rumor indicating that the Kings were trying to offer a package that would include Fox, Kosta Koufas "and possibly more for Irving," which is laughable, and Kings' Insider James Ham's sources are directly refuting that such a discussion has taken place in Sacramento. Fox will likely begin the year coming off the bench behind George Hill, but his minutes should steadily increase throughout the year.
    Source: CSN Bay Area Jul 23 - 4:36 PM

Not sure why the post above says it's laughable- prob just not enough to offer for kyrie. We'd prob have to offer buddy as well.

We have enough guards to make that trade. Hill, temple, Malachi and bogdan would pick up minutes. But, seems like any big trade should be made next year... or at the deadline. Really need to get a high pick in the next draft.

On aside note, I don't think having a guard like kyrie would be bad. I think he needs a big man like WCS, and even skal,to help him reach full potential. Their defensive length and offensive styles work with his game.

Kyrie has 2 more seasons before he is a unrestricted free agent. I would rather rebuild now compared to 3 seasons from now.

Kyrie has a great contract, but it makes no sense for us. We're developing young guys, not on the verge of competing. Hopefully James Ham is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Kyrie has 2 more seasons before he is a unrestricted free agent. I would rather rebuild now compared to 3 seasons from now.
    Agreed. Even if we trade for Kyrie, we'd likely miss the playoffs for the next two years. After his contract is up, he'd leave and we'd have nothing to show for it. If he wants to leave Cleveland after 3 straight finals appearances, he's not going to want to stay in Sac. Also, I'm not sure I'd want a guy who wants to leave a championship contender to go to teams like the Knicks or Wolves just so he can be the team's focal point. Truthfully, I don't think a team with Kyrie as their best player is much of a threat.

Once Holiday is eligible for a trade, I think a great trade would be Kyrie, Shump, and Thompson for Boogie and Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Agreed. Even if we trade for Kyrie, we'd likely miss the playoffs for the next two years. After his contract is up, he'd leave and we'd have nothing to show for it. If he wants to leave Cleveland after 3 straight finals appearances, he's not going to want to stay in Sac. Also, I'm not sure I'd want a guy who wants to leave a championship contender to go to teams like the Knicks or Wolves just so he can be the team's focal point. Truthfully, I don't think a team with Kyrie as their best player is much of a threat.
    Even if we did make that trade it doesnt look like Kofous and Fox salary matchup to Kyrie. Temple would likely have to be involved. We cant trade players who we signed this off season until at least Dec 15th so that eliminates every salary above Temple.

One thing we have learned is trade denials coming from the Kings means nothing. Boogie was traded just days after we were told he wasnt going to be traded.

I don't think it makes sense for us to trade for Kyrie. We set this whole season up to rebuild and even with Kyrie we are highly unlikely to compete this season. If we traded for Kyrie we basically would be playing for next season which barring a miracle will be Kyrie last season with us.

I'm not saying we should trade for kyrie, but why does everyone act like it's s guarantee he'd leave once his contract is up?

He's picking random teams he wants to play for. Not just contenders. Not just big cities. We have no idea if this is a place he'd resign with. If he's bailing on a contender to play on teams that he can be the teams offensive focal point, then I think we can't rule ourselves out.

The only thing I can see that both teams have in common is talented young big men are in both the nicks and wolves. Other than that, not sure why he likes those teams specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I'm not saying we should trade for kyrie, but why does everyone act like it's s guarantee he'd leave once his contract is up?

He's picking random teams he wants to play for. Not just contenders. Not just big cities. We have no idea if this is a place he'd resign with. If he's bailing on a contender to play on teams that he can be the teams offensive focal point, then I think we can't rule ourselves out.

The only thing I can see that both teams have in common is talented young big men are in both the nicks and wolves. Other than that, not sure why he likes those teams specifically.
    Maybe he would re-sign, but then again maybe he wouldn't. If he doesn't re-sign, then we're looking at starting from scratch again in two years. It's not worth the risk to me. It's not like he's the missing piece to a championship team. Even if we got him, there's still a good chance we miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Maybe he would re-sign, but then again maybe he wouldn't. If he doesn't re-sign, then we're looking at starting from scratch again in two years. It's not worth the risk to me. It's not like he's the missing piece to a championship team. Even if we got him, there's still a good chance we miss the playoffs.
    I think his goal is to prove he's an elite player in the NBA. He scored 25 ppg last year with about 5 assists and 3 boards. Obviously each of those could go up when not playing with Lebron. If he averages 28/8/5 then that's only a slight improvement, yet still puts him up there. I'm guessing he might even get to Westbrook numbers if he doesn't play with lebron.

Now, again, I'm not saying we should get him. My first choice is to be bad enough this year to get a top 3 pick in the draft. Hopefully, we get the first pick. But, he should definitely be considered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast