Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Make playoffs or lose?

If the Kings make the playoffs they will lose their pick to Chicago. Is it worth going for the playoffs this season?

Personally, I want to see this team make a run. They have enough young players right now, and having the Pelicans pick will lessen the sting of losing the Kings pick.

This team needs to experience some sort of success. They need to end this vicious cycle of disappointment.

Plus Bogdonovic is coming over next season, so we can treat that as a draft pick (except more expensive).
    De'Aaron Fox | Buddy Hield | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Skal Labissiere

“When you put Peyton and Big Ben together, you get Andrew Luck. He has the cerebralness of Peyton and the grit of Ben. ” - Bruce Arians on Andrew Luck

If I'm the Kings you try to win now if you can't you get two lottery picks and you get Bogdonavic who I watched his last Euro game looked amazing and talking with a few fans in the area he can play PG, SG, and SF he is an amazing passer and has great court vision I'm right now no longer upset over losing Cousins

I say go for it!

It's worth it to make the playoffs. The only think you can't have is missing the playoffs AND losing the pick to Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I'm torn, but I think I'd rather retain the pick than make the playoffs at this point. Although, if the Pelicans just flop and their pick ends up in the top-10, then I'd be happy if we made the playoffs. There's just a lot of talent at PG and SF in the top-10. I would love another young guy to round out the roster.

I can't watch Kings games and root for them too lose.

I doubt we can afford 2 more roster spots for rookies. if we retain both picks 7 of our 13 spots next season will be on 1st and 2nd year players. I am including Bogdan.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I can't watch Kings games and root for them too lose.

I doubt we can afford 2 more roster spots for rookies. if we retain both picks 7 of our 13 spots next season will be on 1st and 2nd year players. I am including Bogdan.
    I'm with you on the first point. Even though I want to keep the pick, I never watch a Kings game and root for the other team.

If we retain both picks, it would give us the assets to pull off a nice trade. I'm assuming we make a trade either way, especially if we re-sign Ben - which I hope we do. Including Ben and Bogdan, we would have 5 SG's worthy of being in the rotation. I guess we could go small and play guys at SF, but I don't think that's preferable.

Going to be honest as much as I want the Kings to make the playoffs they aren't a playoff team yet they need to develop, grow and fill the holes before they are ready then I see them as a top tier team people have to fear

I saw an updated draft projection and it showed us getting the 9th pick from the Pelicans and losing ours at 11

That's cause everyone uses current standings not where we will be

If we end up with two top ten picks in this draft our future could be very bright.