Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    when dealing with lyrics in rap the words need to "flow together" right...

I never said they had anything to do with each other, but I do think lyrics and flow go hand in hand here...
    Right, but that's a different flow.

Flow is the way a person delivers his/her lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    You know who has a great flow? Eminem.

You know who has terrible lyrics? Eminem.

Just to prove your point wrong, Doomsday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Like mentioned above me a few times, lyricism and flow are independent. You can have GREAT lyrics but ****** flow, and vice versa. Take a song by Nas, and say that someone like me came up with that song, I would deliver it differently than Nas would, and if my delivery sucks, my flow sucks, but it doesn't mean that the lyricism sucks.
    I think I could make lyrics bad to the point that NO ONE could "flow" with them...

infact I am sure I could...

I understand that an artist can flow with any given lyrics, but I don't agree that they are completely independent of each other...I think the lyrics themselves can flow together...

I stated earlier this was turning into a semantical debate...not even Nas could flow with lyrics that don't rhyme...

I didn't mean for this thread to get into this...when I created this thread I ment both of those when I said "lyricist"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    You know who has a great flow? Eminem.

You know who has terrible lyrics? Eminem.

Just to prove your point wrong, Doomsday.
    I am not a fan of Em but I think that one is VERY debatable...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unwantedplayer View Post
    Right, but that's a different flow.

Flow is the way a person delivers his/her lyrics.
    so someone could flow great regardless of the lyrics?...they could be nonsensical words that don't even rhyme, but sense they are independent of each other it doesn't matter?

vCash
    I am not a fan of Em but I think that one is VERY debatable...
    His old stuff? Great lyrics.

His new stuff? terrible.

"Get off your grizzly, *****. Why would I buy you a gay *** teddy bear, ***** you're already bi-polar!"

"My potatoes baked homie, stay back if the stakes are high"

"**** the world, feed it beans. It's gassed up!"

I understand what you're saying now though. But flow and lyrics are pretty different.

vCash
    so someone could flow great regardless of the lyrics?...they could be nonsensical words that don't even rhyme, but sense they are independent of each other it doesn't matter?
    Uh, yes?

All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    Uh, yes?
    Uh...no

if there is no rhyme or reason to the lyrics they won't flow well no matter who is using them...

vCash
    Uh...no

if there is no rhyme or reason to the lyrics they won't flow well no matter who is using them...
    Someone's lyrics don't have to be great in order for the person to have good flow, and Buckwheat already pointed out Eminem as an example.

Your logic is flawed. Again, flow is the way you present the lyrics. Does flow depend on lyrics? Yes, to a certain extent. However, it's still possible to have good flow with the lyrics making little to no sense.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQeuG3QoeFA

Wax's flow is sick but IDK wtf he's talking about half the time.

vCash
    Someone's lyrics don't have to be great in order for the person to have good flow, and Buckwheat already pointed out Eminem as an example.

Your logic is flawed. Again, flow is the way you present the lyrics. Does flow depend on lyrics? Yes, to a certain extent. However, it's still possible to have good flow with the lyrics making little to no sense.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQeuG3QoeFA

Wax's flow is sick but IDK wtf he's talking about half the time.
    the logic that lyrics and flow go hand and hand is not a flawed one, it is common sense...

can someone with bad lyrics flow good?...sure

that doesn't mean siht though in terms of what I am saying...

this entire argument in general is meaningless to the point I was making with this thread...maybe I should have just said "rapper" for you that can't see past what I ment...he has great lyrics and delivers them well...better than anyone else IMO...at least the others I am familiar with...

vCash
    the logic that lyrics and flow go hand and hand is not a flawed one, it is common sense...

this entire argument in general is meaningless to the point I was making with this thread...maybe I should have just said "rapper" for you that can't see past what I ment...he has great lyrics and delivers them well...better than anyone else IMO...at least the others I am familiar with...
    Ok well then back to the original topic...Gibbs is good, but he's nowhere close to being the best....

vCash

You obviously aren't familiar with many good rappers then.

Props to Mane for the sig.

Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

vCash
    that is awesome how so many of you spout out "not even close" then go on to list NO ONE...

vCash
    that is awesome how so many of you spout out "not even close" then go on to list NO ONE...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6ztYDde6c

Fast forward to 2:00

vCash
    this thread is getting bad, real bad

Straight Flash Homey

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast