Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 106
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,162
    vCash
    1500
    No, but having a great flow and being good lyrically have nothing to do with one another.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana.
    Posts
    13,468
    vCash
    1500
    Freddie is the GOAT

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    No, but having a great flow and being good lyrically have nothing to do with one another.
    when dealing with lyrics in rap the words need to "flow together" right...

    I never said they had anything to do with each other, but I do think lyrics and flow go hand in hand here...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    32
    vCash
    1500
    Gibbs is unreal. its crazy how his flow can switch in any part of the song. probably my 2nd favorite rapper right now behind j. cole

    For any of you who havent heard alot of Gibbs, get the labels trynna kill me mixtape. 81 songs of his best stuff, some are about a minute long. Great mixtape

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    8,677
    vCash
    1500
    National Anthem, Crushin Feelings, and Murda on my Mind are the best imo. He is gonna blow up for sure, hopefully he doesnt change once he does.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,539
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41DlmgXqPOg

    16 bars ain't enough to explain the pain
    I could drink a whole 5th, burn a whole zip
    When the high wear off the stress still exists
    So I get blitzed the whole day and never think twice
    I'm guessing I should change my life
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,212
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by m26555 View Post
    I strongly disagree, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.


    I actually feel he's underrated. Obviously not a top-of-the-line lyricist, but he's not nearly as bad as some people make him out to be.
    I quoted you since I was talking to you about it a little while back, but you guys have slowly changed my hiphop preferences in a huge way.

    I still wish I could find a way to DL Chino...

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    when dealing with lyrics in rap the words need to "flow together" right...

    I never said they had anything to do with each other, but I do think lyrics and flow go hand in hand here...
    Being a good lyricist and having good flow are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. Someone can have GREAT flow but not be so great lyrically, and vice versa. I don't know if you realize what being a great lyricist means.


    Soon...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Being a good lyricist and having good flow are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. Someone can have GREAT flow but not be so great lyrically, and vice versa. I don't know if you realize what being a great lyricist means.

    well since I have common sense it would mean someone that can create good "LYRICS"

    it's all semantics but IMO, the lyrics need to be able to flow well in order to be good...

    what do you think a great lyricist is?...just using huge words like the RZA or something?...if you don't rap like you are holding a thesaurus you suck or something?

    that isn't what it is IMO...

    the RZA can have some amazingly complex lyrics, but on many occasions the words don't flow well...thus the lyrics don't work

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,418
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    well since I have common sense it would mean someone that can create good "LYRICS"

    it's all semantics but IMO, the lyrics need to be able to flow well in order to be good...

    what do you think a great lyricist is?...just using huge words like the RZA or something?...if you don't rap like you are holding a thesaurus you suck or something?

    that isn't what it is IMO...

    the RZA can have some amazingly complex lyrics, but on many occasions the words don't flow well...thus the lyrics don't wor
    k
    No it doesn't since we already established they are independent
    of eachother

    That's outright false.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,207
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MaHaRaJaH View Post
    No it doesn't since we already established they are independent
    of eachother

    That's outright false.
    "we established"???

    I didn't establish that...you established your own nonsense...


    saying lyrics don't matter to a flow is like saying the food or ingrediants don't matter to "cooking"...a chef needs good ingrediatants to cook with just like a rap artist needs good lyrics to flow with...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,145
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    If you don't understand that Gibbs is lyrical genius then you just aren't listening hard enough...

    other rappers just are NOT capable of that kind of flow...
    Now your opinion (which I originally respected) is turning into a bunch of ridiculous statements. Saying he is lyrical and has good flow is one thing. Saying other rappers are NOT capable of matching him is another, especially when I can probably name at least 50 rappers off the top of my head that are better than Freddie Gibbs. I mean, for God's sake; Canibus, Chino XL, Ras Kass, and Pharoahe Monch, arguably the four best lyricists in history, would absolutely eat him alive, and that's only naming a few.

    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I quoted you since I was talking to you about it a little while back, but you guys have slowly changed my hiphop preferences in a huge way.

    I still wish I could find a way to DL Chino...
    Glad to hear it.

    And the mediafire link still doesn't work??? Another option (it is VERY tedious, but nevertheless an option) for you would be to download a YouTube to MP3 converter (I find DVDVideoSoft to be the best) and download all of his songs off of YouTube.
    Last edited by m26555; 01-24-2011 at 09:21 AM.


    Props to Mane for the sig.

    Like real hip-hop? Visit the PSD hip-hop blog here.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,418
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    "we established"???

    I didn't establish that...you established your own nonsense...


    saying lyrics don't matter to a flow is like saying the food or ingrediants don't matter to "cooking"...a chef needs good ingrediatants to cook with just like a rap artist needs good lyrics to flow with...
    but they are Independent of each other ie. good flow does not mean you have good lyrics.

    Freddie Gibbs is an example

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,672
    vCash
    1500
    I love gangsta Gibbs. I've worn out all of his mixtapes. But I could name 50 better lyricists without even trying.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    well since I have common sense it would mean someone that can create good "LYRICS"

    it's all semantics but IMO, the lyrics need to be able to flow well in order to be good...

    what do you think a great lyricist is?...just using huge words like the RZA or something?...if you don't rap like you are holding a thesaurus you suck or something?

    that isn't what it is IMO...

    the RZA can have some amazingly complex lyrics, but on many occasions the words don't flow well...thus the lyrics don't work
    Like mentioned above me a few times, lyricism and flow are independent. You can have GREAT lyrics but ****** flow, and vice versa. Take a song by Nas, and say that someone like me came up with that song, I would deliver it differently than Nas would, and if my delivery sucks, my flow sucks, but it doesn't mean that the lyricism sucks.


    Soon...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •