Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Working out while sore

Sup Freaks!!

Here's the deal. Last Sunday I started a different circuit training routine. I had previously been using resistance bands and am now using free weights. This new routine also has more lunges and squats than the old one did becuase they were harder to do with resistance bands.

So after Sunday's workout I was pretty sore. Mostly quads and hammys. It wasn't too bad because I had Monday and Tuesday off. Wednesday, I was still a little sore and I did the circuit again. Thursday I was sore, but it was a cardio day and I did 25 minutes of stairmaster. My muscles loosened up nicely during the cardio and I had no problem with it. Now today (Friday) my legs are still pretty sore and I want to know if it is ok to do my circuit again.

So is it ok to workout muscles that are still sore from a workout 48 hours prior? And this is just general muscle soreness from the workout. It's not like a muscle strain where I am in severe pain.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Sore muscles need time to heel, not saying you should wait until the soreness is gone, but at least a 3 day minimum recovery process.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Agreed. You can also do a couple of very light sets, slightly higher reps just to get the blood flowing to those areas when they are still sore. Keep in mind that sometimes less is more.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me

vCash
    Thanks guys that's what I was thinking. I just didn't want to use being sore as a bad excuse for not going.

vCash
    Just don't over do it. Remember your muscles build/repair when you rest. If they are sore its usually for a reason. You will do more harm than good if you train hard when they are still sore.

"I am built for power, not for speed."--Me