Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Perception and politics work against the Raiders when it comes to the Hall of Fame. Always has. I don't see Ray Guy getting into the Hall of Fame. Frankly, I hope that I'm wrong about this, but I think Howie Long will be the last Raiders player elected to the Hall in my lifetime. (Yes, I know Rod Woodson, Marcus Allen and other Raiders-affiliated players have all entered the HOF since Howie, but they didn't go in as Raiders.)
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Guy, Flores, Branch, Brown, Plunkett. More than snubbed...scapegoats for NFL's prejudice of Al Davis! They should be in the hall no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Perception and politics work against the Raiders when it comes to the Hall of Fame. Always has. I don't see Ray Guy getting into the Hall of Fame. Frankly, I hope that I'm wrong about this, but I think Howie Long will be the last Raiders player elected to the Hall in my lifetime. (Yes, I know Rod Woodson, Marcus Allen and other Raiders-affiliated players have all entered the HOF since Howie, but they didn't go in as Raiders.)
    NFL players don't go "in" as anything.

Unlike baseball, players go in by themselves as a head - which team they played for is not even an issue.

vCash
    Ray Guy...the only kicker who ever affected the point spread in Vegas. No other kicker comes close. Anyone who saw Ray Guy play loved him...well unless you were on the other team.

vCash
    Every time I hear Guy's name I can hear Bill King saying "Ray guy has just nailed coffin corner again"......
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Guy's leaping, one-handed grab of an errant snap saved Super Bowl XVIII. Its one of the more remarkable, clutch catches I've ever seen...and it was made by a punter.

The Squirek play does not happen unless Guy pins them deep, as he did all game long. He easily could have been the MVP of the game.

That he's not in the Hall of Fame is criminal.

-Stork

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12