Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team will Manny sign with?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jays

43 35.54%
  • Angels

37 30.58%
  • Rangers

18 14.88%
  • Rays

23 19.01%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

4 Teams Now Chasing Manny Ramirez

Free agent slugger Manny Ramirez is reportedly drawing interest from five teams, one of which is the Toronto Blue Jays.

According to an ESPN report, the 38-year old slugger is working out in Arizona and getting ready not only from a hitting standpoint, but a fielding one as well.

"The guy has been working hard in Arizona to be ready for next season, even to play defence if the club that signs him needs him on the field," a source close to Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.

The Blue Jays, Los Angeles Angels, Minnesota Twins, Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays are said to the clubs that have contacted Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras.

Despite hitting .298 in 2010, the 38-year old slugger had a down season, as he hit just nine home runs and 42 RBI. He was limited to just 265 at-bats with the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox because of knee and groin issues.

Ramirez, who has played 18 seasons in the major leagues, has a lifetime .313 average with 555 home runs and 1,830 runs batted in. Despite his age and injury history, Ramirez feels that he still can be productive in the right situation.
    http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=349390

Looks like the twins are now out with the signing of Thome but that leave 4 teams who want Manny's services. Where does he end up? I am hoping Toronto!

I'm calling the Rays. They have earned a ton of picks this off season, they can go out a spend a little money to land Manny. Only way that doesn't happen is if they prefer Johnny Damon or Andruw Jones.

Angels

like i allways said He'll be a Bluejay.
    FIGHT OWENS FIGHT
    POWER. BOMB. EVERYBODY.

He should return to the Indians, full circle

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

I'm sure he wants to win so the Rangers, Rays or Angels would be the likely choice. I would love to see him on the Twins but as mentioned Thome staying probably won't allow it to happen.

He'll go to Toronto. Don't want him in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by RTL View Post
    He should return to the Indians, full circle
    +1.. it would be nice to see Manny's swan song season be back on the Northcoast....

The Blue Jays, Los Angeles Angels, Minnesota Twins, Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays are said to the clubs that have contacted Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras.

Yeah its not like boras to lie

i would believe in the easter bunny and the tooth fairy before i'd listen to him!!!!
    Damnant quod non intellegunt

Hopefully Toronto, could really give the fans something to look forward to, maybe he and Bautista form a nice little bond when they go on a tear, catch the eye of Albert Pujols and reform the Jays Latin American greatness of the mid 80s. Too much to ask for? lol

+.360 OBP and no one wants it.

angels would be my guess

BlueJays would be a nice spot and if not them Angels

Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Hopefully Toronto, could really give the fans something to look forward to, maybe he and Bautista form a nice little bond when they go on a tear, catch the eye of Albert Pujols and reform the Jays Latin American greatness of the mid 80s. Too much to ask for? lol
    I like it..

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFanFor23 View Post
    +.360 OBP and no one wants it.
    I think that is something teams seem to be missing. The Jays need guys who can get one base and outside of Bautista, they have little in that department.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast