Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Agreed

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

vCash
    To be honest, I see need to see Jrue step up. They have a lot of good PGs coming into the draft and he would give us a good return.

vCash
    13.8 points 6.2 assists 3.9 rebounds in his second year is pretty damn good to me, and he honestly could prolly average 8 assists if we had better shooters and his points will go up his 3rd and 4th years as will assists, and he is 100% untouchable in the sixers front office, he is gonna be are leader for years to come and he is the one sixer i would be furious to see get traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    13.8 points 6.2 assists 3.9 rebounds in his second year is pretty damn good to me, and he honestly could prolly average 8 assists if we had better shooters and his points will go up his 3rd and 4th years as will assists, and he is 100% untouchable in the sixers front office, he is gonna be are leader for years to come and he is the one sixer i would be furious to see get traded

I totally disagree. I see a good player but not an all-star. We need a super star.
    Last edited by Jeff Boyd; 02-20-2011 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    I would be shocked if the sixers did anything except maybe a reserve big coming here for one of our expirings/Trade exception.

vCash
    Lets make a moveeeeeeeeeeee

America has voted and the DALLAS COWBOYS are STILL AMERICA'S TEAM!!

vCash
    Pretty likely that nothing is to come of this, but I thought it was worthwhile to post up here anyway. I wonder who they were talking about offering back? From the broad spectrum of their wishlist (Iggy, Granger, Aldridge, McGee) it seems like they're probably trying to offload either Ellis or Curry and just get ANY good player who isn't a ball-dominant combo guard in return. Food for thought.

The Golden State Warriors have inquired about a trade for the Sixers' Andre Iguodala, sources told the San Francisco Chronicle.

The sources indicate that the Warriors came up empty in their pursuit of Iguodala and a number of other players, including Danny Granger and big men such as JaVale McGee and LaMarcus Aldridge.

The NBA trading deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m. Eastern. The Sixers seem unlikely to pull off a big deal at the deadline, although they could tweak the roster for a playoff push.

The team reconvenes tonight at 6 o'clock for their first practice after the All-Star break.

vCash
    melo trade should be done by tonight their saying...what are the chance the sixers start getting into discussions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theducksmuggler View Post
    melo trade should be done by tonight their saying...what are the chance the sixers start getting into discussions?
    slim to none

vCash

Around the NBA: Knicks land Melo

The New York Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's senior writer Chris Broussard on Monday night.

League sources also told Broussard that none of the teams can officially confirm the deal until Tuesday.

The swap is a three-way deal including Minnesota, a league source told Broussard.

As a part of the deal, Denver will get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash while Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman will head to New York, according to the Denver Post.

New York will send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to Minnesota as part of the deal, according to the newspaper.
    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6145912

Finally.. now let the REAL trading begin

Knicks gave up SO much in this deal by the way..

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants242 View Post
    Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6145912

Finally.. now let the REAL trading begin

Knicks gave up SO much in this deal by the way..
    They gave up a lot of bodies, but no one that they should regret. D'antoni's system inflates numbers and those guys were probably all products of it in some form.

Plus they just got Corey Brewer from Twolves and will have space to sign CP3 or Williams (if the rumors are true about both being interested in NY). Thats not bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    New York gave up a lot but they got a lot. If you can get a superstar, you have to get one. And Billups, Fields, Anthony, and Amare is pretty stacked. Players will easily come there in the off-seasons to follow as well.

Hopefully the 76ers do something, but I doubt it. Every year I hope Iguodala will get traded, and then the team either does nothing, or do a bench trade. Unfortunately there is no chance of attempting to dump Iguodala since we are headed for a playoff spot, aka a first round exit.

vCash
    I wouldn't throw Fields in there as "stacked" . He's a big product of NY media and hype. Average hustle guy IMO.

But they are better than they were yesterday, but not a lot better. Melo and Amare are both scorers that don't do much else. They might not mesh well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    I wouldn't throw Fields in there as "stacked" . He's a big product of NY media and hype. Average hustle guy IMO.

But they are better than they were yesterday, but not a lot better. Melo and Amare are both scorers that don't do much else. They might not mesh well
    Oh yeah I totally agree. I think Fields is like a Shane Battier-type player, and won't ever be above it. But still having a solid hustle guy, a decent role player in Brewer, an all-star (or a little below) point guard, and two superstars can go a long way. I still think people underrate the idea of superstars pairing. I think the Knicks would have a chance in beating the Bulls or Magic in the playoffs. Unlikely, but certainly a chance.

Meanwhile, we will probably lose in five games to either Miami or Boston.

vCash
    For what it's worth:

Asked about concern over a potential personnel move, Collins says he "doesn't forsee anything going on."
    Kate Fagan Twitter

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast