Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    But I don't know the players, I don't know how they feel about them. With so many I question the confidence they have in McGee, who is not even playing 30 minutes per. Who is getting the other 20 minutes at C?

You try to make the proposal sound ridiculous but it's not. There are many factors to consider.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Then why from their point of view would it make sense if not from our point of view?

You can't complain about other fans coming into the forum trying to rape our roster, when you think raping the Wizards for Javale McGee is a logical possibility. Don't be greedy. I would gladly trade Iguodala in that deal. So would practically every citizen in the Philadelphia region, including everyone in the Sixers front office.
    its not raping them for javale mcgee. iguodala is a much better player.

its really about what the wizards and sixers value more: size and interior defense vs superior talent and wing defense.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    ^Exactly. We have a lot of wing players. They have a lot of bigs. Both vary in degrees of quality. Really depends on what each teams value more, and if they feel that going to a weaker option is going to hurt their overall play.

With Blatche and Lewis, DC really doesn't have cap flexibility. So they might want to see what they can do while stuck with those contracts. Atleast that's what I'm hoping.

And three of the bigs(one is a 6'9, 275 lbs forward I didn't include earlier) were drafted this year. 2 in the first round. I conclude, McGee is not untouchable.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 01-19-2011 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    i dont think theyll trade mcgee for iguodala.... mostly because i value size and interior defense above all other things.

but its a fair deal none-the-less. just because the wizards probably wouldnt do it, doesnt mean it isnt fair.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Myles I have been following the discussion...Love your first trade proposal...hope it has some legs on the real....very fair trade!!
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=49dv3s8

pacers can put iggy at the 2, and brand at the 4, their two biggets positions of need. hawes comes off the bench behind hibbert to help stretch the floor (i actually do believe he could be a quality back up center). Thad also comes off the bench for them as a backup 3 and 4. Thad also sweetens the deal for indiana, because he's a versatile young, athletic player who gives indiana more incentive to take on brand and iguodala's contracts.

for the sixers, this is a way to get a fresh start. you get a couple expiring contracts in foster and dunleavy. you dump iguodala and brand's contracts. you get a very nice young piece in paul george who can play the 3 and has a nice shooting touch so he fits in nicely. you do have to pay another year of posey's contract, but i think shedding iggy's and brand's contracts is more than worth taking on 2 years of posey's contract. the sixers also have to take on dahntay jones's contract, who the pacers have been looking to shed. the sixers might have to throw in a future 1st round pick to make the deal happen, but this one deal gives the sixers exactly what they need to start over with young talent, expiring contracts, while keeping some of their young core intact. the new line-ups would look like this:

Indiana:
    Collison, Ford, Price
    Iguodala, Rush, Stephenson
    Granger, Young
    Brand, Hansbrough, McRoberts
    Hibbert, Hawes

Philadelphia:
    Jrue, Lou
    Evan, Meeks, Jones, Dunleavy
    Paul George, Nocioni, Posey, Kapono
    Speights, Songaila, Brackins
    Battie, Foster

the sixers would be thin in the front court, so maybe swinging one of their wings for a big would have to happen, but that's a minor deal

vCash
    ^^ i dont hate it.

i dont like it either though.

leaves us very thin. lots of cap room though... i dunno.

the pacers would become a very very good team after this.... prob top 5 in the east.

if the pacers gave us 2 first round picks and threw in psycho T, then ill def do it.

i know 2 picks is a lot to ask, but this would make the pacers very deep and very good.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-19-2011 at 04:17 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    2 picks are not a lot to ask.

I hate it though.

vCash
    I kinda like it actually. I couldn't stand to watch the Sixers' bigs get pushed around this year, though. We'd literally have no depth at frontcourt. At all. Players would crash into the lane at will against us.

Shoot, we might have to play Turner at PF sometime. It would cut down our contracts and hand the keys to my man Jrue Holiday so I can't hate it. But we'd absolutely have to sign a few more veterans and go with PF/C by committee.

I actually wouldn't mind Posey here. He's a vet with a good shot and big game experience. I would rather trade Noc more than Thad or Hawes though.

vCash
    Take Thad out and I'd be a lot happier about it. Add in Lou if you have to.

vCash
    it does leave us thin, but gives us a LOT of cap room to sign some bigs. after this season, we can go after guys like tyson chandler, nene (if he opts out), marc gasol, greg oden, or deandre jordan. all these guys could anchor our defense. plus, this year we probably won't finish with the greatest record, so we could get a quality pick and get a big like sullinger or kanter. plus, with brand gone, it gives you an opportunity to see what you've got with speights. i've always been high on speights, but thought he never really got an opportunity. brand leaving gives him an opportunity to prove himself

vCash
    I don't buy into the idea that a player isn't given an opportunity. He's given an opportunity every single day in practice to play and earn playing time. It's not like Blake Griffin is blocking his way into the starting lineup.

vCash
    clearly doug likes brand more than speights, and speights' minutes this year have been sporadic. no one can doubt his offensive potential, but if he's given a starting spot and gets consistent minutes you can get a much better feel for what kind of player you have

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay511 View Post
    I'm not even going to bother dissecting this man 11 player trades between teams just don't happen. Nice enthusiasm though. Try for less players and reasons why both teams would want to make the trade. Just looking at that trade i can think of about 3 reasons right away why Indiana wouldn't do that...

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast