Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    DC has four centers, Blatche and Yi. They are using Blatche heavily in their ad campaign. And if he's playing better and bigger they may consider something like what I suggested, if they feel they can actually become better. Iggy provides a perimeter defensive presence which they are lacking.

I'm not saying its going to happen. I saying it could.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    i like em both....

i like the 2nd one only if we do the first one though.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    The second one is because if we get a Hinrich Lou's gone. Couldn't quite figure out what big we could get for him.
    i think u picked a good one, but there are def others out there. how about nikola pekovic or hasheem thabeet?

i wouldnt be opposed to trying to send lou and speights together in a package for a better big man than the guys wed get for just lou alone.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-19-2011 at 01:33 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Keeping both Iggy and ET on the roster for the short term while figuring out a way to get them both 15 ppg should be our priority right now. We're not getting any high draft picks any day soon, and we can probably dump Iggy in the future if all we are getting is role players and cap room.

I hope the Sixers don't dump Iggy just to dump him. I think a lot of fans will end up regretting that move in hindsight. A lot of teams would love the problem that the Sixers have right now with Evan and ET. The defense and matchup capabilities are real nice. The offense and rotations just have to be tweaked a little, and Collins just needs to give ET the damn ball more often while scrapping the offensive sets for a couple stretches in each game. It's really that simple. Then, trade Iguodala from a position of strength instead of weakness. We might even win a playoff series in the process.

If all we are getting right now is role players and cash for Iguodala, the players who the Sixers should be dangling in trade scenarios are Lou and Thad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    Keeping both Iggy and ET on the roster for the short term while figuring out a way to get them both 15 ppg should be our priority right now. We're not getting any high draft picks any day soon, and we can probably dump Iggy in the future if all we are getting is role players and cap room.

I hope the Sixers don't dump Iggy just to dump him. I think a lot of fans will end up regretting that move in hindsight. A lot of teams would love the problem that the Sixers have right now with Evan and ET. The defense and matchup capabilities are real nice. The offense and rotations just have to be tweaked a little, and Collins just needs to give ET the damn ball more often while scrapping the offensive sets for a couple stretches in each game. It's really that simple. Then, trade Iguodala from a position of strength instead of weakness. We might even win a playoff series in the process.

If all we are getting right now is role players and cash for Iguodala, the players who the Sixers should be dangling in trade scenarios are Lou and Thad.
    1. Agreed on the high draft picks. Also, even if we WERE getting high draft picks, I still don't particularly like that, as you never, ever know with draft picks. Unless you have the #1 overall pick in the NBA, anything can happen with the rest of those guys. Hell, even a top 10 pick in the NBA doesn't even mean you can get anything more than a guy off the bench. Check the last few drafts.

2. I agree, but highly doubt the Sixers would dump Iggy. The FO seems pretty keen on keeping him, so I think they will be very smart in evaluating what offers are good, and what offers are just other teams attempting to take advantage of this chemistry problem with ET.

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

vCash
    (1)I actually think Hinrich and Lou would be ok together in the backcourt. Lou would have to play more off the ball, and Hinny can defend some at SG.
    I think that would raise the overall consistency and effectiveness of our already pretty good bench.

Obviously, finding minutes for Meeks and ET becomes more difficult, but I think it's doable, because Hinrich wouldn't have to play a lot of minutes, and (2)I don't see a problem with Iggy only getting 35 minutes. Nocioni would just rarely get off the bench.

(3)The thing is, we all know this is likely fantasy. Washington probably would rather move Blatche. If he had his head on straight, Blatche might be a nice player. But he seems too risky of a bet to give up Iguodala for him.
    1. i agree that they could play well together, but when are u ever gonna put them on the floor together? u got holiday playing 35+mpg and kirk playing roughly 20mpg. when would u have time to get lou in the game between turner and meeks, who would both be ahead of lou in the rotation. i guess u could play turner at the 3, but it would be easier just to move lou after such a deal.

2. iggy was traded in this deal.... u really dont pay attention to the overall points or posts that people make, do u?

3. agree
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-19-2011 at 02:09 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Frankly, I don't see how this trade can be construed as trading Iggy just to trade him. I worry greatly about Brands workload. He needs help down on the blocks badly. And I even think he is an important cog in our development of Jrue and Turner. For I believe they need a post player they can learn to play off of because this is something that they'll need to know if they are ever going to be part of a winner. But if Brand breaks down, it's over. We're done. At that point we might as well, sell, sell, sell...and officially begin the rebuild, which we couldn't complete because Brand would then be absolutely immovable.

It seems that you believe the Sixers should be doing things in one very specific way, and regardless of the conversation or topic, you bring it back to that. Are they any other possibilities you can think of that can lead to a positive outcome for the team?

vCash
    wannabe always posts about what he thinks would be best for the sixers to win games in order to get better playoff position even though the sixers have no shot of making a dent in the playoffs.

wannabe has no foresight into anything, and he doesnt care about the sixers actually building for the future.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    C'mon, man. Yi Jianlin and Blatche really aren't centers. And they really aren't talented defenders. Think on this one for a couple days.

Yes, I agree Iguodala would make them better. Rashard Lewis is more undersized PF than SF, so they wouldn't really be in each other's way.

But they won't, will not, shall not trade Javale McGee for Iguodala by this deadline. McGee might be to Wall, similar to what Ratiliff was for Iverson. It "could" happen only if something dramatically changes between now and the trade deadline.

I'm fine with moving Iguodala. Just not for slop, when we aren't ready to do anything significant in free agency right now anyway even if he gets moved. And I'll stack my foresight against you guys anyday. I told you before the draft that 1) Iguodala would eventually have to be traded if Turner was picked and 2) Collins would win too many games to get a high draft pick and 3) ET was not an off the ball player and his overall game was more similar to Iguodala than Brandon Roy. I'm all for making moves for the future. But right now we don't have many great options. And trading Lou or Thad could be a move for the future. They likely won't be major players when/if the Sixers eventually contend. One is an undersized PF, and the other is a scorer who might be peaking right now.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 01-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.

vCash
    this is actually a good post.

yi jianlian just sucks, so let just drop him.

i wouldnt call lewis an undersized 4... he is 6'10 afterall. hes skinny for a 4, but does that matter since hes more of a stretch 4 than a guy whos going to play inside? i dont love shard, mainly because hes not much for rebounding.

i dont think they trade mcgee for iguodala either.... sometimes u just gotta hold on to ur big man even if hes not as talented as the wings ur being offered.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    And the other 3 centers on their roster?

vCash
    i like hilton armstrong, and obviously mcgee.

id do iggy for armstrong, hinrich, and a 1st.

does washington even want iguodala? shouldnt we be asking about that first?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    this is a stupid post.

1. i agree that they could play well together, but when are u ever gonna put them on the floor together? u got holiday playing 35+mpg and kirk playing roughly 20mpg. when would u have time to get lou in the game between turner and meeks, who would both be ahead of lou in the rotation. i guess u could play turner at the 3, but it would be easier just to move lou after such a deal.

2. iggy was traded in this deal.... u really dont pay attention to the overall points or posts that people make, do u?

3. agree
    I'd only give Hinrich 12 min/game.
    If Iguodala isn't on the roster, then Hinrich and Lou could both get 20 minutes, while ET spends a lot of time at SF.

And dude, stop baiting me. It's getting old.

vCash
    im not baiting u. this has never been personal.... say smarter things, and pay attention to the actual points people are making, and we would be all good.

on that note.... i dont mind turner at the 3, but i dont like having 3 shooting guards who should be playing somewhat prominent roles in the NBA on the same roster when we have several huuuuge gaping holes in our frontcourt.

edit: i just re-read my post, and im sorry for calling ur post stupid, that was uncalled for.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Awww
    You guys are so cute...

OK, when I mentioned the other three centers I was talking about from their point of view. Not whether we want them or not because, ummm, NNNOOOOTTTT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Awww
    You guys are so cute...

OK, when I mentioned the other three centers I was talking about from their point of view. Not whether we want them or not because, ummm, NNNOOOOTTTT!
    Then why from their point of view would it make sense if not from our point of view?

You can't complain about other fans coming into the forum trying to rape our roster, when you think raping the Wizards for Javale McGee is a logical possibility. Don't be greedy. I would gladly trade Iguodala in that deal. So would practically every citizen in the Philadelphia region, including everyone in the Sixers front office.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast