Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    PG is not a position of need right now... lets just leave it at that and focus on how to improve the frontcourt which we need to improve.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay511 View Post
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=463j3uf

bucks get iggy who's an upgrade from maggette, and speights to help on offense

maggette makes less and his contract is a year shorter, and we get a defensive minded PF/C of the future
    That's the type of offers our FO is currently getting, which is why you're not seeing Iggy go anywhere till at least this off season.
    "A coach I talked to at the [summer league] 2 years ago who worked with Speights pre-draft said He has all the talent in the world, but hes dumb as bricks. - Jordan Sams of Liberty Ballers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay511 View Post
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=463j3uf

bucks get iggy who's an upgrade from maggette, and speights to help on offense

maggette makes less and his contract is a year shorter, and we get a defensive minded PF/C of the future
    i dont really like it.... not enough salary relief, and sanders is good, but hes not ennough to make me give up iggy and speights.

maybe if magette was expiring, and they gave us a 1st round pick.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDink24 View Post
    I don't think Jrue has a ceiling, the sky's the limit. He's 6'4, 20 years old, is all ready arguably the best player on our team, and playing the most important position on the court. It's not out of the realm of possibilities to say he could end up being just as good or better than Deron. Deron is obviously an elite player but I would stick with Jrue and build around him. We are not in a win now mode, we are building and will be for probably a few more years. Continue to build around Jrue, ET and Thad. If we can land a superstar Forward or Center somehow whether it be through draft or free agency, we will be well on our way.
    Love this post. I'm glad people are done bashing Thad because last year and that ******** Princeton offense had a lot of ppl around here ready to ship him out. Thad is a beast and he's still very young. Jrue is 20...let that sink in...he's going to be a star...not the flashy type of star like Rose or Wall but a star nonetheless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread12 View Post
    Love this post. I'm glad people are done bashing Thad because last year and that ******** Princeton offense had a lot of ppl around here ready to ship him out. Thad is a beast and he's still very young. Jrue is 20...let that sink in...he's going to be a star...not the flashy type of star like Rose or Wall but a star nonetheless.
    I don't think they started bashing Thad. Because I probably would have been at war. But Thad said last season as early as November that he had no clue what was going on or what he was supposed to be doing. He said this and never got help. Terrible, terrible coach Eddie Jordan is. He shouldn't be allow near basketball hoops ever. I mean I'm talking college, grade school, CYO, driveways...any hoops period.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I don't think they started bashing Thad. Because I probably would have been at war. But Thad said last season as early as November that he had no clue what was going on or what he was supposed to be doing. He said this and never got help. Terrible, terrible coach Eddie Jordan is. He shouldn't be allow near basketball hoops ever. I mean I'm talking college, grade school, CYO, driveways...any hoops period.

Eddie Jordan's offense in a driveway is definitely a recipe for a lot of car accidents lol

vCash
    I'm not sure what was worse...how that offense fit this roster or Eddie's performance. I'd say almost equally bad....slight edge to Eddie on the suckometer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    we need a center who can defend and rebound that is all. I hate to say it, but we miss Dalembert! (i heard he's disgruntled in Sacramento) Lets trade for Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood. That would give us a better chance of upsetting Chicago, Atlanta, or maybe Orlando. Hawes + Speights + Battie = not cutting it

vCash
    Dallas won't give us either center right now....maybe Haywood, but he's under contract for several years and is on the wrong side of 30. I'm not sure I'd want that for our rebuilding team.

One important detail I think you are missing is that Hawes + Speights + Brand + Battie = overall much better center play than 25-30 minutes of Dalembert. There is more to team defense and team offense than blocking some shots. Dalembert would make us worse. I think Brand plays too much center. And Hawes and Speights have their limitations. But the Hawes/Speights combo > 1 Dalembert right now. You have to look at team defense and the other end of the court too. Hawes fits our first quarter offense to start the game very well. Speights is a nice late 3rd/early 4th offensive spark. And his rebounding is improving. His post defense also might be equal to Dalembert at this point. I'd rather have all that than a couple fancy dunks, a couple blocks, and a guy who's mentally in quicksand on both ends of the floor with no offensive skills.

Sorry for the rant. Dalembert obviously upsets me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    We need a young promising center...McGhee or Jordan...we give up Speights and Iggy
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    As much as I like Thad, we CAN NOT pay him. We have to learn from the Billy King era. We dont have to over pay when nobody is bidding against us.

vCash
    Thats very true. I have a bad feeling about Thad's upcoming contract negotiations. I think someone is going to throw a lot of money at him to be a starting SF/PF in this league and he'll get a deal he isn't worth. Then we'll match it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    Thats very true. I have a bad feeling about Thad's upcoming contract negotiations. I think someone is going to throw a lot of money at him to be a starting SF/PF in this league and he'll get a deal he isn't worth. Then we'll match it.
    Learning are you. Especially because Thad is having such a great year. The contract year is always the worst one to look at when talking about renegotiations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agentHAM View Post
    we need a center who can defend and rebound that is all. I hate to say it, but we miss Dalembert! (i heard he's disgruntled in Sacramento) Lets trade for Tyson Chandler or Brendan Haywood. That would give us a better chance of upsetting Chicago, Atlanta, or maybe Orlando. Hawes + Speights + Battie = not cutting it
    Can't disagree more with the bolded as a rationale for making a trade. Every single move we make should be made with a view towards becoming a contender built around ET and Jrue. Dallas aren't going to give up Chandler, and Heywood is a 32 year old who is owed almost $10m in 2014/15.That's just such a horrific idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    We need a young promising center...McGhee or Jordan...we give up Speights and Iggy
    I've been thinking about it the last few days, and I'm beginning to think we should wait and see how we draft before feeling like we need to do anything for a big. I keep looking at ET and Jrue's ages and realizing there is absolutely no rush. If we can get a high first for Iggy (or anyone that isn't ET/Jrue) then fine, we should do it. A franchise changing big is a franchise changing big. But Jordan and McGee aren't franchise changers. They're really good bigs who would fill a need, but at the same time they were also 18th (McGee) and 65th (Jordan) overall picks just two years ago...I mean, I know not every pick that low turns out that good, and I'd absolutely love Jordan on this team, but if you look at all the big men who've been drafted in the 17th or 18th picks (realistically the lowest we could pick this year) or below over the last few years, there're some solid solid players down there. I can't help but feel like for nowwe should just be looking to try and build through the draft, rather than giving up our best tradeable asset for someone just because they're already established. Atthe very least it gives us a better chance to see how Jrue and ET develop, and what kind of team we're going to be and what kind of players we're going to need, before we go ahead and try and put those pieces into place.
    Our core is just so young, I just don't see any need to give up anything significant for anything less than a franchise-changer just yet. There'll be a whole lot of time to build around ET and Jrue over the next 5 years without giving up anything of too much significance now.
    Last edited by bholly; 01-27-2011 at 02:17 AM.

vCash
    Bholly the Great. You should take dei Lyman's job or a front office position of some kind

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast