Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official: 2010-2011 Trade Thread, Part III

Don't mean to cut off the discussion on the other thread, but it reached over 1,000 posts, so we need to start a new one. bholly, please sticky this. Thanks!

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

vCash

vCash
    I really like the first deal. Hinrich would give us an excellent (and legitimate) back-up PG that can play very good defense. I'm sure he could help mentor Jrue a bit as well. Ultimately, we would acquire what we were hunting for: a young big man. I'd take it!

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    The second one is because if we get a Hinrich Lou's gone. Couldn't quite figure out what big we could get for him.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    I don't dislike that deal either, and I figured that was your line of thinking. Still, I think giving Lou up for an expiring big (of only $4.00 million) would not be good return for us.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    Yeah, maybe. But if said big could compliment Brand better than our current expiring big re-sign him.

Oh and I think Turiaf fits that mold of players he likes to coach. Energy guy kinda like Noc.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 01-19-2011 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    I like the first trade. But not sure why the Wizards would do it they have Young at SG and a lot of money locked up with Lewis at SF. Where exactly would Iggy fit into their scheme?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    I like the first trade. But not sure why the Wizards would do it they have Young at SG and a lot of money locked up with Lewis at SF. Where exactly would Iggy fit into their scheme?
    Blatche
    Lewis
    Iggy
    Young
    Wall

Boom!

vCash
    I like the first trade with the Wizards as I actually posted that two weeks ago and was flamed immediately for it. Aside from addressing needs it also does wonders to cap space over the long term. There was a report on real gm just a couple days ago that teams are calling about Heinrich, who knows, maybe the front office in Philly is starting to get active? With McGee at center I think we could do a lot of damage...think of him as a smarter Dalembert. That's actually not a bad comparison. Hawes playing the role of backup center also makes me feel more comfortable as he would make our second unit better than it already is. Having the backup center on the opposition have to come out and guard Spence would allow guys like Thad, Lou and Turner to really abuse the paint.
    "A coach I talked to at the [summer league] 2 years ago who worked with Speights pre-draft said He has all the talent in the world, but hes dumb as bricks. - Jordan Sams of Liberty Ballers

vCash
    I actually think Hinrich and Lou would be ok together in the backcourt. Lou would have to play more off the ball, and Hinny can defend some at SG.
    I think that would raise the overall consistency and effectiveness of our already pretty good bench.

Obviously, finding minutes for Meeks and ET becomes more difficult, but I think it's doable, because Hinrich wouldn't have to play a lot of minutes, and I don't see a problem with Iggy only getting 35 minutes. Nocioni would just rarely get off the bench.

The thing is, we all know this is likely fantasy. Washington probably would rather move Blatche. If he had his head on straight, Blatche might be a nice player. But he seems too risky of a bet to give up Iguodala for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I'd do both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    I actually think Hinrich and Lou would be ok together in the backcourt. Lou would have to play more off the ball, and Hinny can defend some at SG.
    I think that would raise the overall consistency and effectiveness of our already pretty good bench.

Obviously, finding minutes for Meeks and ET becomes more difficult, but I think it's doable, because Hinrich wouldn't have to play a lot of minutes, and I don't see a problem with Iggy only getting 35 minutes. Nocioni would just rarely get off the bench.

The thing is, we all know this is likely fantasy. Washington probably would rather move Blatche. If he had his head on straight, Blatche might be a nice player. But he seems too risky of a bet to give up Iguodala for him.
    I don't know how good they are but looking at DC's roster they have like 4 young centers. McGee has shown some knuckleheadedness as well, so its a chance they'd let him go if they can get better. They have a lot of length, they need some bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheMurphy View Post
    I like the first trade with the Wizards as I actually posted that two weeks ago and was flamed immediately for it. Aside from addressing needs it also does wonders to cap space over the long term. There was a report on real gm just a couple days ago that teams are calling about Heinrich, who knows, maybe the front office in Philly is starting to get active? With McGee at center I think we could do a lot of damage...think of him as a smarter Dalembert. That's actually not a bad comparison. Hawes playing the role of backup center also makes me feel more comfortable as he would make our second unit better than it already is. Having the backup center on the opposition have to come out and guard Spence would allow guys like Thad, Lou and Turner to really abuse the paint.
    Hey Murph, just call me Teflon Kong....hahaha

vCash
    Of the two, Mcgee is the one with a better chance of becoming an upper echelon defensive big man. Pretty much everyone in the league knows this.
    Not happening. Young bigs like that rarely get traded while still on their rookie contracts. We're talking about Iguodala with a pretty significant contract remaining.....not a 25 ppg scorer.

All of the sudden, Blatche is rebounding at a strong rate and playing with more energy on defense. Where did that come from? Will he revert to old habits? Will he start taking better care of his body? He's got several years left under contract. Too Risky.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 01-19-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    You're right.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    Wow, McGee is averaging 2.65 blocks in just 27 minutes a game....

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast