Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500

    Fellow 6er fans...hear me out

    Instead of bashing our FO for not making anymoves and messing up team chemistry, how bout we credit them for having the balls to stand pat?
    We are playing good ball and have 8 players that are 22 y/o or younger. With the proper coaching (which we do have) and more experience we're headed in the right direction. Just because we didnt make a move to make us better this season, doesnt mean we're not going to make such moves over the summer. ET is starting to come around, Jrue is producing, Iggy is accepting his role, Brand could possibly be in discussion for comeback POY. Lou-Will, Thad, Meeks and the rest of our supporting cast are making nice contributions. I believe we have potential to have the best 123 combo in the league within a few years. We just have to give them time. I have wanted to get rid of Iggy since he put his signature on that blown up contract. but there is no replacing his defense on top players, his help with rebounding, and he's another ball handler to have out there on the court, to push when we have the chance. We dont need that one superstar to compete with the power teams in the East, we just have to continue letting our young group gel and make progress.
    Call me naive, or stupid, or anything else that you come up with but i think come playoff time our team as a whole will push anybody that we matchup with. not saying that we will definitely win the series, but i don't think we would get swept at all.
    just a thought.
    Let's just enjoy the rest of season and support our team!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    971
    vCash
    1500
    Your not helping your cause man.

    Only: Thad (22), Turner (22), Jrue (20), Hawes (22)

    However: Brakins (23), Meeks (23), Speights (23), Lou (24)

    We do have a good coach and the team is playing well. But you're just restating things with no real point, other than enjoy the season. And that I agree with you. We really don't have another choice.

    EDIT: Wow I can't believe I missed this. Applaud them for standing pat. Yes, we didn't make a bad move but the teams around us made moves to improve themselves now or for the future. We have pieces and we didn't even make subtle move. And for that they should be critcized. You prob should have just put this with the other comments about the trade deadline than start your own thread...
    Last edited by CinnPirate; 02-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500
    ^^i apologize 8 players under 24
    yes applaud for standing pat. would you have rather have tried to make a move and it didnt turn out the way we expect as fans, then everyone would just be b*tchin about our fo fumbling the assets that we do have. NJ made a move thats a crap shoot, they have no idea if D will is going to resign with them. that could blow up in their face, Knicks made a move but that won't pay off until 2012, and there is no gurantee that they will get the other top notch star that they are seeking. boston made a move for the future but made a huge sacrifice for now, no telling how that will pan out. we potentially have what the other teams are trying to build, without having to mortgage our future to do it. now if all those moves turn out good for the other teams great, but its just as likely that they will regret it when their plans fail...
    and yes it was a ballsy move to do nothing when everyone was making a move just to make moves, the one team that made logical trades were OKC. out of all of the trades that were made they are the lone winner...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,670
    vCash
    1500
    215doughboy, I actually completely agree with you, we have a great team right now and a lot of people can't seem to see that. And while our team has been performing like a top 4 team in the east for the majority of the season, we have the right pieces and chemistry that we're only going to improve in the next couple of years. In all honesty, the team is playing so well together, that guys like lou and thad probably have more value on this team than they would in a trade, so most trades that came across our desk probably would have made us worse anyways.

    Either way, if there was a trade offered to us that made us better off on the court, financially, or for the future, we probably would have taken it. But there wasn't, so we didn't. Calm down people.

    CinnPirate, don't be a douche.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    971
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    215doughboy, I actually completely agree with you, we have a great team right now and a lot of people can't seem to see that. And while our team has been performing like a top 4 team in the east for the majority of the season, we have the right pieces and chemistry that we're only going to improve in the next couple of years. In all honesty, the team is playing so well together, that guys like lou and thad probably have more value on this team than they would in a trade, so most trades that came across our desk probably would have made us worse anyways.

    Either way, if there was a trade offered to us that made us better off on the court, financially, or for the future, we probably would have taken it. But there wasn't, so we didn't. Calm down people.

    CinnPirate, don't be a douche.
    1. His facts were wrong.

    2. Your facts are wrong. We aren't playing like a top 4 team. Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando are all playing better than us. I wouldn't be surprised if New York improves their play as well.

    3. Who said Lou and Thad were the players I was talking about moving. We had expiring contracts of Kapano and Songaila, not to mention Speights and Battie who have trade value in the league. No of whom contribute to the team current play.

    4. There is already a thread talking about this convo, that's where this convo should be. So give Bholly a break from having to merge the threads.

    5. Bring facts to accompany your opinion instead of just reverting to petty name calling it pathetic

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    1. His facts were wrong.

    2. Your facts are wrong. We aren't playing like a top 4 team. Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando are all playing better than us. I wouldn't be surprised if New York improves their play as well.

    3. Who said Lou and Thad were the players I was talking about moving. We had expiring contracts of Kapano and Songaila, not to mention Speights and Battie who have trade value in the league. No of whom contribute to the team current play.

    4. There is already a thread talking about this convo, that's where this convo should be. So give Bholly a break from having to merge the threads.

    5. Bring facts to accompany your opinion instead of just reverting to petty name calling it pathetic
    Last 10 Sixers Games: 7-3
    Last 10 Magic Games: 5-5
    Last 10 Bulls Games: 7-3
    Last 10 Celtics Games: 6-4

    Last 20 Sixers Games: 13-7
    Last 20 Magic Games: 11-9
    Last 20 Bulls Games: 15-5
    Last 20 Celtics Games: 13-7

    they aren't exactly playing a whole lot better than us, if better than us at all. Better teams, sure. Playing better than us, no.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,327
    vCash
    1500
    I like some of the young players on this team with TURNER, JRUE, THAD, MEEKS...But everybody else can be traded IMO. Lou will should go, obviously Brand, Iggy can go for the right deal, and Hawes just sucks, and Speights wont get any better "career bench player"!!

    I want Jrue & Turner starting next year and i would like THAD & MEEKS coming off our bench. I know its hard to get rid of Brand but we wont do anything with him and IGGY on this team. YES we have been playing good lately but WHAT ARE THESE WINS DOING FOR US?? We wont get past the 1st round and thats almost a gurantee...Teams in our conference let alone our DIVISION have gotten alot better for this year and next and we have the same team who will win a few games here and there, maybe make the playoffs and go home in the 1st round every year!!

    We need to stop bringing in these old BUMS and paying them a bunch of money and we need to stop giving some of the overrated players we have BIG pay days. JRUE is the best player on this team HANDS DOWN and the ball needs to be in his hands more PERIOD!! I say we Look forward to the draft and trying to make some moves this summer to get these overrated guys off our team!!

    America has voted and the DALLAS COWBOYS are STILL AMERICA'S TEAM!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,327
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Last 10 Sixers Games: 7-3
    Last 10 Magic Games: 5-5
    Last 10 Bulls Games: 7-3
    Last 10 Celtics Games: 6-4

    Last 20 Sixers Games: 13-7
    Last 20 Magic Games: 11-9
    Last 20 Bulls Games: 15-5
    Last 20 Celtics Games: 13-7

    they aren't exactly playing a whole lot better than us, if better than us at all. Better teams, sure. Playing better than us, no.
    so they arent that much better than us cause win got some wins?? The goal is to get into the playoff games and get some wins...Which one of those teams are we actually better than in a 7 game series?? Are u not tired of getting sent home every year?? I mean we could beat the LAKERS or HEAT in the regular season but when playoff time comes we will get PUNISHED!! So these stats dont mean ish

    America has voted and the DALLAS COWBOYS are STILL AMERICA'S TEAM!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    971
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Unec View Post
    so they arent that much better than us cause win got some wins?? The goal is to get into the playoff games and get some wins...Which one of those teams are we actually better than in a 7 game series?? Are u not tired of getting sent home every year?? I mean we could beat the LAKERS or HEAT in the regular season but when playoff time comes we will get PUNISHED!! So these stats dont mean ish
    Exactly, are they playing better of late? Yes. Are they good enough to win or make it past the 1st round? No.

    Did you bother looking at quality of teams we have been playing in comparison to the other teams. It's not even close...

    Like Unec said. The point is we're not good enough now or in the future to compete. We should have done more to try and get better.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Unec View Post
    so they arent that much better than us cause win got some wins?? The goal is to get into the playoff games and get some wins...Which one of those teams are we actually better than in a 7 game series?? Are u not tired of getting sent home every year?? I mean we could beat the LAKERS or HEAT in the regular season but when playoff time comes we will get PUNISHED!! So these stats dont mean ish
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    2. Your facts are wrong. We aren't playing like a top 4 team. Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando are all playing better than us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    they aren't exactly playing a whole lot better than us, if better than us at all. Better teams, sure. Playing better than us, no.
    a

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    vCash
    1500
    the only talks that we had were regarding speights, kapono for battier....houston chose to take the deal with the grizz...and cunningham and pryzbilla(spellcheck) and a pick for speights...blazers chose to go with G. Wallace..how would those moves had made us any better?

    @Unec-there is nothing that says we cant upset any of those teams, the one team that worries out of that bunch is Orlando, no other team has that much of an inside presence that we couldnt challenge them. Boston did but they shipped him out..we have one of the best defenses in the league, right before the allstar break we beat the best team in the league, no matter how we got the W, we found a way to get it...the goal is getting to the playoffs, from there, there's no telling what will/could happen...im not saying we're going to win the championship, not at all, but dont think we'll be an easy out as you/some here seem to think

    feel free to merge this thread, not sure how to do it...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    808
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    Exactly, are they playing better of late? Yes. Are they good enough to win or make it past the 1st round? No.

    Did you bother looking at quality of teams we have been playing in comparison to the other teams. It's not even close...

    Like Unec said. The point is we're not good enough now or in the future to compete. We should have done more to try and get better.
    when you say "exactly" to Unec there is a strong possiblity that you are in the wrong. The man isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,879
    vCash
    1500
    Fellas we just need to relax and ride out the storm...nothing was done because the FO has confidence in the chemistry the team that has developed....our team is not GREAT as someone mentioned above...but we are looking good and playing good ball right now...I'm not over enthused with our team as a whole...but I see the potential there...we just have to be patient and hope that something legitimate can be done to make us more releveant in the future...

    But when looking at teams in the East and the power moves they made not only for now but in the future...it really leaves you to wonder where we will stand amongst them....

    Nets...Deron Williams...with cap space..and the attractiveness to draw another all-star with the big move to Brooklyn

    Knicks...Melo and Amare for another 5 to 6 years strong with cap room to sign another big timer

    Bulls....Derrick Rose and Co....enough said

    Heat...BIG 3...enough said

    It gets kind of discouraging when you consider how strong these teams will possibly be for some 5 plus years...its gonna take some real miraculous things to happen for us to be contenders anytime soon....hope we continue to grow and get better as a team and someone turns into a all star...other than that it really looks a little gloomy....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    Exactly, are they playing better of late? Yes. Are they good enough to win or make it past the 1st round? No.

    Did you bother looking at quality of teams we have been playing in comparison to the other teams. It's not even close...

    Like Unec said. The point is we're not good enough now or in the future to compete. We should have done more to try and get better.
    Yep. I looked at the schedules when making that list. Do you want me to list the wins and losses for you so you can see too? I think a win against the Spurs trumps the "quality" of any of the wins those other teams had.

    But it's cool, I've come to understand not everybody will be happy with a team playing well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    322
    vCash
    1500
    Its all about the FO and nothing tells me that our FO is capable of making the intelligent moves...OKC, although lucky with Durant because POR took Oden, still make great move after great move, even fixing the bad one of drafting Green by dealing him for a dire need.

    Big up coming off season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •