Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How will the Sixers fare versus Indiana?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

18 94.74%
  • Loss

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game #63: Philadelphia 76ers (32-30) @ Indiana Pacers (27-35) - 76ers W:110-100

@
    Indiana Pacers Philadelphia 76ers

Date: March 8th, 2011
    Time: 7:00 PM EST, on CSN

Probable Lineups:
    PG:
    Darren Collison Jrue Holiday
    SG:
    Brandon Rush Jodie Meeks
    SF:
    Danny Granger Andre Iguodala
    PF:
    Josh McRoberts Elton Brand
    C:
    Roy Hibbert Spencer Hawes

---------------------------------------------------------
    76ers Statistical Leaders
    Points Per Game: Elton Brand (15.3 PPG)
    Rebounds Per Game: Elton Brand (8.6 RPG)
    Assists Per Game: Andre Iguodala (6.3 APG)
    FG %: Thaddeus Young (55.4 FG%)
    FT %: Jodie Meeks (90.3 FT%)
    BLK: Elton Brand (1.1 BPG)
    STL: Andre Iguodala (1.6 SPG)

Indiana Pacers Statistical Leaders
    Points Per Game: Danny Granger (20.9 PPG)
    Rebounds Per Game: Roy Hibbert (7.8 RPG)
    Assists Per Game: Darren Collison (4.9 APG)
    FG %: Josh McRoberts (54.1 FG%)
    FT %: Darren Collison (86.0 FT%)
    BLK: Roy Hibbert (1.8 BPG)
    STL: Darren Collison (1.1 SPG)
    Player To Watch:

Roy Hibbert
    13.0 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 2.1 AST, 45.2% FG, 72.9% FT, 1.8 BLK, 2.2 TO
    Playoff Watch

1.0 Game Back of the New York Knicks
    5.0 Games Ahead of the Indiana Pacers

Game Preview
    In his first game back from injury, Philadelphia 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala was not much of a factor in the last matchup with the Indiana Pacers. There’s a good chance he’ll make a much bigger impact Tuesday night.

Iguodala and the surging 76ers go for a season-high third consecutive road win when they meet a Pacers team trying to hold on to the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

Back in the starting lineup after missing seven games with tendinitis in his right Achilles’, Iguodala scored a season-low one point with seven assists and four rebounds as the Pacers snapped a season-high nine-game road losing streak with a 111-103 victory Jan. 11.

Iguodala has bounced back, recording three of his seven career triple-doubles in the last seven games, including two in a row.

After scoring 22 points with 13 assists and 10 rebounds in Friday’s 111-100 win over Minnesota, Iguodala had 15 points, 10 assists and 11 boards Sunday in a 125-117 overtime victory against Golden State. He is the first Sixer to record back-to-back triple-doubles since Aaron McKie in 2000-01.

“Took overtime to get it tonight,” Iguodala said. “It just feels good to see these guys have success winning in the NBA.”

Philadelphia (32-30), two games above .500 for the first time since the final month of 2008-09, is 29-17 since Nov. 27. Only six NBA teams have a better mark during that stretch.

“We expected this from the start,” said coach Doug Collins, whose team will try to win three straight road games for the first time since Jan. 31-Feb. 6, 2010.

However, Philadelphia has lost three of four and six of nine at Conseco Fieldhouse while dropping 13 of 19 overall in this series.

Indiana (27-35) enters the final matchup between these clubs following an 0-3 trip that ended with Saturday’s 112-95 loss to Houston. The Pacers missed 17 of 24 first-quarter shots and trailed 29-18 after 12 minutes.

Indiana has faced a double-digit deficit in the opening period in six of its last seven defeats.

“They jumped on us early, and we never recovered,” said leading scorer Danny Granger, who averaged 15.7 points—5.2 below his season mark—on 33.3 percent shooting on the trip. “We played like a tired team and we need to turn things around.”

Indiana, which has dropped seven of 10 since opening 7-1 under interim coach Frank Vogel, allowed an average of 113.7 points on 48.0 percent shooting on the trip.

Philadelphia is averaging 109.3 points and hitting 50.7 percent of its attempts from the field in its last seven games.

The Pacers’ last four-game losing streak was a season-worst 0-6 skid Jan. 14-26 that led to coach Jim O’Brien’s firing Jan. 30.

Indiana has won two of three in 2010-11 against the 76ers, who are trying to avoid losing the season series for the fourth time in six years.
    Quote of the Day:
    "The first 40 games was like the warm-up, I guess, and now I'm attacking and being more assertive."
    Evan Turner
    Injury Updates:

Mike Dunleavy (thumb) - Out until Mid-April

The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

vCash
    This would be a nice win on the road. Let's do it.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    Pacers 3 straight losses. They are going to come in ready to play. I'd say a pick'em they always find a way to play us tough.

Still wish we grabbed Hibbert instead of Speights. Although I do like Speights potential.

If ET keeps playing well, how much longer will we see Meeks in the starting lineup? I'm kinda over him being there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    Pacers 3 straight losses. They are going to come in ready to play. I'd say a pick'em they always find a way to play us tough.

Still wish we grabbed Hibbert instead of Speights. Although I do like Speights potential.

If ET keeps playing well, how much longer will we see Meeks in the starting lineup? I'm kinda over him being there.
    For the rest of the season and post-season. It's not a matter of who is better. It's a matter of who complements the other players better; and that's Meeks.

Everyone seems to be concerned with who starts for us. Why? Collins shuffled the line-up a few times before he found a winning combination. Why mess with that now? I really don't get the concern at all.

Collins' rotations are match-up based. So, the right players will be on the floor when they are needed. I believe Turner plays nearly as many or more minutes than Jodie as is.

As for the game, I expect a big, big game again from Turner. I really think his final few plays in the Dallas game woke him up, as I expected they would. He played it off with the comments the other day about not worrying about mistakes. I doubt he was being %100. I think really was saying don't dwell on mistakes to the point where your scared to make the next play. I would have a real hard time believing that being the guy to blow a possible win over the hottest team in basketball, when it was right there, sat well with him at all.

I told some friends right after the all-star break that I expect Turner to get better as the games become more meaningful. Just seems like that type of guy to me. Since the Pacers are chasing us, all I have to say is, Look out beloooooooooowwww!!!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    This game would lock them into the 8th spot for good if we won. We'd be 6 games ahead of them with 19 to play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    For the rest of the season and post-season. It's not a matter of who is better. It's a matter of who complements the other players better; and that's Meeks.

Everyone seems to be concerned with who starts for us. Why? Collins shuffled the line-up a few times before he found a winning combination. Why mess with that now? I really don't get the concern at all.

Collins' rotations are match-up based. So, the right players will be on the floor when they are needed. I believe Turner plays nearly as many or more minutes than Jodie as is.

As for the game, I expect a big, big game again from Turner. I really think his final few plays in the Dallas game woke him up, as I expected they would. He played it off with the comments the other day about not worrying about mistakes. I doubt he was being %100. I think really was saying don't dwell on mistakes to the point where your scared to make the next play. I would have a real hard time believing that being the guy to blow a possible win over the hottest team in basketball, when it was right there, sat well with him at all.

I told some friends right after the all-star break that I expect Turner to get better as the games become more meaningful. Just seems like that type of guy to me. Since the Pacers are chasing us, all I have to say is, Look out beloooooooooowwww!!!
    Completely agreed regarding the Meeks point. If his shot is on, keep him in there. If he is off, go to the bench. He helps spread the floor and gives us a nice three point threat. Collins has it figured out, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

As for Turner having a huge game, I actually think it will be Brand. I definitely hope Turner can produce another solid night following his confidence-boosting performance, but I really hope that Brand can do work on McRoberts. After all, Brand did not play a lot late in the game last game, so I figure he will be rested and hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    This game would lock them into the 8th spot for good if we won. We'd be 6 games ahead of them with 19 to play
    Absolutely. We need to kill any chance they have of overtaking us. Also, more road wins can't hurt, and this would continue to boost our swagger and confidence. Let's Go.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash

I know what your saying Meeks does compliment them well because of his 3pt shooting, lets face it this teams lack shooting in general. But ET's overall game would be beneficial esp if he is consitently hitting his jumper. They would be more athletic, better defensively, better passing, and better rebounding. That's why I would try and transition ET into the starting lineup with about 10 games left in the season.

Yes, they get about the same minutes but with who? We got to see a glimpse of how well he could play in a different lineup in the overtime. I think you try and build on that success. Plus proving himself against starting caliber players I feel would help his confidence.

vCash
    I know what your saying Meeks does compliment them well because of his 3pt shooting, lets face it this teams lack shooting in general. But ET's overall game would be beneficial esp if he is consitently hitting his jumper. They would be more athletic, better defensively, better passing, and better rebounding. That's why I would try and transition ET into the starting lineup with about 10 games left in the season.

Yes, they get about the same minutes but with who? We got to see a glimpse of how well he could play in a different lineup in the overtime. I think you try and build on that success. Plus proving himself against starting caliber players I feel would help his confidence.
    I definitely see what you are saying. I just think really lacking a three point shooter would hurt us, and not allow us to spread the floor. Sure, Holiday can hit a three but he has hit 3 in his past 5 games, and is shooting 36% on the year. We all know about Iguodala's 3 point shooting abilities.. so I feel like it would really hurt us.

What I love about our set of players is the versatility all of them possess. Iguodala, Turner, and Thaddeus, specifically, can play a number of positions and morph into a number of roles. We are really lucky.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash
    I definitely want to see Turner's minutes increase. It just is unfortunate that we have SO much depth it seems like. Whose minutes will get taken away? Lou? Thaddeus? Both have been fantastic off the bench.

That's why I still think it's a shame we didn't acquire a big for one of our guards/wings to free up playing time and help fill a need that might haunt us in the playoffs.

The Sports Current
    Like This Page

vCash

You have to look at both sides, not just the starters, but the bench as well. Who would the playmaker be off the bench - Lou? I don't think so.

You run a team as a team. You build on what has been successful for the team over the past three months, not what was successful for one player in the last game. Be assured of this, Evan will definitely be a much bigger piece during crunch time going down the stretch. Isn't that more important than who starts?

If he succeeds at a high level against starting comp, yeah, sure, it helps. But what if he doesn't? What does that do to his confidence? We have the best bench in the league. The BEST! Leave it be.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Keep the lineups as they are please.

vCash
    You have to look at both sides, not just the starters, but the bench as well. Who would the playmaker be off the bench - Lou? I don't think so.

You run a team as a team. You build on what has been successful for the team over the past three months, not what was successful for one player in the last game. Be assured of this, Evan will definitely be a much bigger piece during crunch time going down the stretch. Isn't that more important than who starts?

If he succeeds at a high level against starting comp, yeah, sure, it helps. But what if he doesn't? What does that do to his confidence? We have the best bench in the league. The BEST! Leave it be.
    Like I said if ET does continue to play well then you start to intergrate him into the starting lineup the last 10 or so games. Isn't it better for him to get experience with the guys who are going to be playing in the crunch time, than just throw him in there when everything is intensified? Yes, Lou would be your play maker off the bench like he has been all season. ET hasn't been that anyways he been more of a facilatator than anything.

If ET plays well its for the betterment of the team this year and next. If he doesn't no harm no foul, you put him back on the bench and let him reassume his current role. It didn't bother him last time. At some point you need to take the training wheels off and let be the player he is going to be. Like I said if he continues to play well the next 10 or so games its something that needs to be thought about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants242 View Post
    I definitely want to see Turner's minutes increase. It just is unfortunate that we have SO much depth it seems like. Whose minutes will get taken away? Lou? Thaddeus? Both have been fantastic off the bench.

That's why I still think it's a shame we didn't acquire a big for one of our guards/wings to free up playing time and help fill a need that might haunt us in the playoffs.
    Judging from the last game, Lou, Elton, and Jodie should contribute minutes to ET, but we need to get him out there.

vCash

It definitely will unless Mo Speights miraculously steps it up in the final months.

He has the size, he has the talent, he's just so ****ing dumb.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash

There are some bigs we could have tried to go after but, going after and actually pulling off a trade for one are two different things. The FO knows we need a big and, at the same time I can understand them not wanting to screw with the teams chemistry. So I will give them a pass on making any drastic moves for this season for the simple fact that Collins needs to build with this team to find out who he needs going forward and who they may need to sacrafice to make moves in the future. I believe at this point Collins is confident with the guys he wants to move forward with it's also evident by the playing time as well. If next year rolls around and, the Sixers haven't at least attempted to address a huge gaping wound at the 5 spot I will start to question what the hell the FO is doing.
    Last edited by 76erEaglePhils; 03-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast