Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Wait. You believe the uber-conservatives wish we still had slavery?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Roses Bulls View Post
    that's not the issue, the issue will be with the voters who might believe he wasn't born here.
    Those voters weren't going to vote for him anyhow.
    "There are many reasons the U.S. shouldn’t go to war with the Islamic State — and the best one may be because that is exactly what they want us to do." -- Dan Froomkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    That is exactly the bottom line. WND has been on a non stop effort to delegitimize President Obama since he was candidate Obama. Drudge is no different. To those who are inclined in that direction (birthers), it is another aha. To the rest of us, not so much. This has zero to do with the next presidential election. You cannot lose votes that absent this allegation were never going to vote for you.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Wait. You believe the uber-conservatives wish we still had slavery?
    You can call them "state's rights enthusiasts", you can call them "originalists", you can call them whatever you want really. But it isnt people on the liberal side who pride themselves by hanging the confederate flag on their door. Conservatives for these people doesnt mean the same thing it does to you or even me. Conservatives for these people means it was a travesty when the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments were passed. It was also a travesty when the 19th amendment passed but that was a century later.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This argument to me seems to be the equivalent of "bringing a knife to a gunfight". The opposite side of the argument just doesnt care whether you have facts or logic. This kind of nonsense (not targeted at you D Rose) gins up a very, very conservative segment of the base that for all the jokes about Republicans pining for the 1950s (i dont believe the first part of this statement to be true, but i do believe the second part) that actually pines for the 1850s when they could own people as property.
    hey man, no offense taken. I didn't write the article. I just posted it. I find it hard to believe obama wasn't born here. it just makes for good conversation IMO. If it was ever found out he wasn't born here, it would be one of the biggest stories ever if not the biggest.
    Last edited by D Roses Bulls; 01-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    well it could convince newer voters and others not to vote for him as well who voted for him the first time around. I mean im sure this isn't the main issue that will be smeared upon him, but it will be one of the many.

Don't ask don't tell is back, not for gays in the military, Obama's policy for questions about Libya - Jay Leno

vCash
    hey man, no offense. I didn't write the article. I just posted it. I find it hard to believe obama wasn't born here. it just makes for good conversation IMO. If it was ever found out he wasn't born here, it would be one of the biggest stories ever if not the biggest.
    I dont fault you, i dont like to judge based on passing thoughts but on actions. Nothing you have ever posted makes me think you are a birther or support birthers in anyway. However, World Net Daily, does support birthers and their causes. That is my main point. The ultra "what we call 'Conservative'" movement is the fuel behind this fire. As nate said what we refer to as "Conservative" and what the real meaning behind the word "conservative" are not even close. The segment that gets cloaked in "conservative" that i am referring to is still stunned that America could possibly elect a black man president and is sickened anyone who isnt a member of their "cause" is elected.

So i do apologize if you got the impressive, even the slightest, that i was lumping you in with that group. I truly do.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I dont fault you, i dont like to judge based on passing thoughts but on actions. Nothing you have ever posted makes me think you are a birther or support birthers in anyway. However, World Net Daily, does support birthers and their causes. That is my main point. The ultra "what we call 'Conservative'" movement is the fuel behind this fire. As nate said what we refer to as "Conservative" and what the real meaning behind the word "conservative" are not even close. The segment that gets cloaked in "conservative" that i am referring to is still stunned that America could possibly elect a black man president and is sickened anyone who isnt a member of their "cause" is elected.

So i do apologize if you got the impressive, even the slightest, that i was lumping you in with that group. I truly do.
    no, your good DB. like i said, I was just posting it for conversation, nothing more.

vCash
    hey man, no offense taken. I didn't write the article. I just posted it. I find it hard to believe obama wasn't born here. it just makes for good conversation IMO. If it was ever found out he wasn't born here, it would be one of the biggest stories ever if not the biggest.
    This makes for good conversation? Propagating not only the idea that Obama's birthplace actually matters but that Obama's birthplace matters to the extent that he should be removed from office?

This is not good conversation. Even assuming that his birthplace matters, we have ZERO evidence that he was born outside Hawaii or outside the United States. To furnish false or obfuscatory information in order to promote this "conversation" is reckless, as I said earlier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philab View Post
    This makes for good conversation? Propagating not only the idea that Obama's birthplace actually matters but that Obama's birthplace matters to the extent that he should be removed from office?

This is not good conversation. Even assuming that his birthplace matters, we have ZERO evidence that he was born outside Hawaii or outside the United States. To furnish false or obfuscatory information in order to promote this "conversation" is reckless, as I said earlier.
    All I'm going to say is because I don't think your getting it is that if you don't like it, simply don't post. no one is making you post in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Ah.. since the article was from World Net Daily.

You can trust an article on this when they have items like this in their store:
    http://superstore.wnd.com/SPECIALTY-...Bumper-Sticker

I just got it off the drudge report. Didn't really look where they had gotten it at.
    Ah Drudge.....the TMZ of politics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12