Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

FSS and SportsSouth will carry the 45 Peachtree TV games outside Atlanta in the South

@ajcbraves: Good news for lot of #Braves fans: Peachtree TV games will be carried in the South outside Atlanta on Fox Sports South or SportSouth
    http://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/27418799930081280

Just heard on the radio that a few management changes have been made at PTV. Don't know if this affects the announcing team in any way. But it does mean no more Gamecast/Yahoo for some fans.

vCash
    Changes at PTV end Turner’s Braves broadcast production

Braves games on Peachtree TV will look and sound a lot like Braves games on Fox Sports South and SportSouth, right down to the broadcasters and production teams.

Peachtree TV is turning over production of its 45 Braves games to Fox Sports South, which will use its own crews and broadcasters. Outside of the Atlanta viewing area, Peachtree games will be carried on Fox Sports South or Fox-owned SportSouth — good news for some Braves fans in the South who previously didn’t receive the Peachtree games.

Those games will carry the Peachtree brand, but only on the broadcasts carried by PTV.

Fox Cable officials did not immediately say which broadcasters would work the additional games, or whether those plans were finalized. A Meredith spokesperson said production decisions would be left to Fox.

Broadcasters Joe Simpson and Chip Caray worked Fox Sports South and SportSouth games last season, and Simpson teamed with Ernie Johnson on Peachtree with John Smoltz adding frequent analysis.

Johnson is under contract with Turner and serves as studio host for its TNT basketball broadcasts and postseason baseball. Smoltz worked for Turner on its Peachtree games in addition to his TBS duties national games and postseason coverage.

The outsourcing of Peachtree TV’s Braves game and other sports content was among the major changes announced Tuesday by the station, which is turning over its management to Meredith Corp. — the company that runs CBS Atlanta.

Before much longer, the name on Turner Field might be the only remaining link between the Braves and Turner, the man and the broadcasting company that helped make it “America’s Team.”

For the first time 1972, no Braves games will be produced by Turner crews, other than occasional Braves appearances on TBS’ national game of the week.

Ted Turner bought the Braves in 1976, primarily to assure that they remained in Atlanta and a programming staple on his station WTBS, which later blossomed into Superstation TBS.

Fox Sports Net and SportSouth became primary Braves carriers in 2008, continuing an increasing migration of Braves games from Turner begun nearly a decade ago.

Shortly after he bought the Braves in ‘76, Ted Turner put them on his pioneering Superstation, which sent its signal off satellites and beamed Braves broadcasts into homes across the country. The lowly Braves suddenly had more broadcast exposure than any team in professional sports.

It became known as “America’s Team” long before the Braves became a perennial playoff contender. It was a generally bad team for more than a decade on TBS, but some Braves players, along with broadcasters Skip Caray and Pete Van Wieren, became wildly popular in every corner of the United States.

TBS showed about 150 games a year nationally until the early 1990s – except in Atlanta, where area residents got the local feed of those games on WTBS.

The beginning of the end of the Superstation-era Braves came after Turner Broadcasting Systems merged with Time Warner in 1996. Four years later, AOL and Time Warner merged.

By that time, TBS was carrying only about half of the Braves’ schedule, with the rest divided between Fox Sports Net and new regional network Turner South. In 2006, Turner South was sold to Fox Cable Networks, which moved Turner South’s Braves games to newly created SportsSouth.

The Braves were sold by Time Warner to Liberty Media in 2007, and that season was the team’s last on TBS. Also in 2007, WTBS was re-branded to become Peachtree TV

Peachtree TV is contracted to carry about 45 Braves games annually through 2013.

(Staff writer Kristi Swartz contributed to this story.)
    http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-...st-production/

vCash
    Well I hope they keep EJ and Smoltz on the Peachtree TV games, I like that crew (with Joe Simpson) more than the Simpson/Caray crew.

vCash
    Mlb.tv!!!!

vCash
    Wonder if PTV will broadcast more Braves games after 2013... ray:

vCash
    guess i'm still screwed here in indiana

vCash
    you can stream braves games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesatl View Post
    guess i'm still screwed here in indiana
    id suggest MLB.TV... not sure what they charge now bc i get the price when i got it 2 years ago but its a great investment. I only use if for Braves games but i know that you can basically see every game except for the ones in ur area.

As long as you have Internet you can watch.

vCash
    This is good news for us Braves fans in the Carolinas..

Please visit the PSD forum home of the Carolina Panthers

Enter the Forum Home of the Carolina Panthers

vCash
    CSS has always picked up the Peachtree TV feed during games here. I hope they keep EJ and Smoltz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtapia View Post
    id suggest MLB.TV... not sure what they charge now bc i get the price when i got it 2 years ago but its a great investment. I only use if for Braves games but i know that you can basically see every game except for the ones in ur area.

As long as you have Internet you can watch.
    i've got MLB.TV the last 2 years, i have no other choice. but watching a game on a computer SUCKS massively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesatl View Post
    i've got MLB.TV the last 2 years, i have no other choice. but watching a game on a computer SUCKS massively
    Buy HDMI cable (online for 12 dollars), plug in to TV, and sit back.

vCash
    Yeah, this pretty much kills my chance of watching a single game this year.. unless its on Fox or Espn. I am not hip on MLB.TV either..I guess i have no choice here... perhaps by design.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joe smoe View Post
    yeah, this pretty much kills my chance of watching a single game this year.. Unless its on fox or espn. I am not hip on mlb.tv either..i guess i have no choice here... Perhaps by design.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    buy hdmi cable (online for 12 dollars), plug in to tv, and sit back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtapia View Post
    If I dont like MLB.TV in the first place, why would a HDMI cable make me like the company who runs the service any better? I understand I can stream it to TV with a cable... its the fact of having to shell subscription money, for something I used to get for free that is kind of tormenting. A HDMI cable, does not give me that money back. Further having to run extra lines from laptop to my TV every time I want to watch a game on TV is pretty annoying.

I understand you were just trying to help... But I can read thanks!!!
    Last edited by Joe Smoe; 01-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast