Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    Why shouldn't they?
    The only argument i have heard, and i believe it is BS, is "unit cohesion".

I dont even know a woman being there would affect it. From my understanding of this report is that they agree that it is BS.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

I dont even know a woman being there would affect it. From my understanding of this report is that they agree that it is BS.
    Yup, no surprise that excuse is BS. If that's the case, why not divide the units up according to race and social status?

vCash

This is just a guess, but I'm guessing pregnancy is an issue. If a unit is about to deploy, and a female gets pregnant before the deployment, it could definitely affect unit cohesion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox_13 View Post
    This is just a guess, but I'm guessing pregnancy is an issue. If a unit is about to deploy, and a female gets pregnant before the deployment, it could definitely affect unit cohesion.
    Huh? That makes no sense.

vCash
    Women have been serving in combat for years, they're called the French, the Government just didn't want you to know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philab View Post
    Huh? That makes no sense.
    How does that make no sense? When you're preparing for a deployment you can't just replace someone in the blink of an eye. Being short a soldier when in a combat zone would affect unit cohesion, especially when you've been training in the field with that soldier. That's why stop-loss was put in affect. Losing a soldier mid tour is not conducive to good unit cohesion.

vCash
    What if a man gets in a car accident before deployment, doesnt that affect unit cohesion? What if a man gets his wife pregnant before deployment, doesnt that affect unit cohesion? There are a million things that men can do to affect unit cohesion and the same can be said for men. That argument comes from the standpoint that all women are going to go out there and have sex each night and attempt to get pregnant and doesnt give them any credit for having commitment to serve their country and keep themselves in line with the same self restraint that a man would be assumed to have.

vCash
    What if a mean gets testicular cancer prior to deployment? Better not let them serve I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    What if a mean gets testicular cancer prior to deployment? Better not let them serve I guess.
    There's a huge difference between an illness and something that is preventable. This document is certainly outdated, but this female soldier does a pretty good job explaining the problems with pregnancy in the military. This was also written when we weren't at a time of war, so it is even a bigger issue now.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/acsc/99-016.pdf

vCash
    How does that make no sense? When you're preparing for a deployment you can't just replace someone in the blink of an eye. Being short a soldier when in a combat zone would affect unit cohesion, especially when you've been training in the field with that soldier. That's why stop-loss was put in affect. Losing a soldier mid tour is not conducive to good unit cohesion.
    I have no clue what you're talking about. Soldiers die. That's like the only thing they do for sure. How's that for "being short a soldier"? If we were that worried about unit cohesion, how about not going into battle at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philab View Post
    I have no clue what you're talking about. Soldiers die. That's like the only thing they do for sure. How's that for "being short a soldier"? If we were that worried about unit cohesion, how about not going into battle at all?
    I shouldn't even respond to your ********, but yet again you mention something that isn't preventable. Whether you like it or not, there will always be war and there will always be soldiers that get killed. Keep living in your fantasy world where the world is a peaceful place.

I'd also like to add, what the hell do you think happens to unit cohesion when a soldier gets killed? Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    Last edited by Sox_13; 01-18-2011 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    I shouldn't even respond to your ********, but yet again you mention something that isn't preventable. Whether you like it or not, there will always be war and there will always be soldiers that get killed. Keep living in your fantasy world where the world is a peaceful place.

I'd also like to add, what the hell do you think happens to unit cohesion when a soldier gets killed? Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    I agree that there will always be war, so why should we eliminate potential servicewomen? I dont think that there is any disillusion that the world is peaceful. But i just dont get the logic in denying our troops the best possible soldiers we can give them, whether they be man/woman/gay/straight.

I wont respond to the soldiers dying thing because i dont think it is appropriate.

vCash
    I agree that there will always be war, so why should we eliminate potential servicewomen? I dont think that there is any disillusion that the world is peaceful. But i just dont get the logic in denying our troops the best possible soldiers we can give them, whether they be man/woman/gay/straight.

I wont respond to the soldiers dying thing because i dont think it is appropriate.
    I'm not arguing that as my first post said. If a female can cut it by the male standards, they should be able to perform the same job. Trust me, there's plenty of males with combat MOS's that are complete **** bags too. All I'm saying is pregnancy is one of the larger issues in the military, and it will have an affect on unit cohesion and unit readiness. And to me, it is something that is going to have to be addressed.

vCash
    I'm not arguing that as my first post said. If a female can cut it by the male standards, they should be able to perform the same job. Trust me, there's plenty of males with combat MOS's that are complete **** bags too. All I'm saying is pregnancy is one of the larger issues in the military, and it will have an affect on unit cohesion and unit readiness. And to me, it is something that is going to have to be addressed.
    According to what i am reading there are approximately 2000 women each year in the Armed Services who get pregnant, and i admit that is 2000 too high. According to Wikipedia there are roughly 1.5M people in the Armed Services. That accounts for .13% of soldiers. It may be one of the larger issues, it appears to be well overblown in an attempt by some individuals to just keep women out of the armed services. Keeping women out of the armed service because a small number of them choose to get pregnant during service makes no sense to me. Punishing the (by a 20% estimate i have read) 300K female soldiers out of real combat for 2000 that cant follow the rules is just irresponsible.

Va Beach by way of NJ by way of Staten Island
    vCash
    I can tell you from first hand experience that come deployment time women start getting pregnant, so do military spouses it's the nature of the animal, getting in the last bit of loving you'll get for 6-18 months tend to produce babies.
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM
    Click here show your support for Donnie Baseball

c'mon son!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast