Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

State of the Franchise

I'm going to watch it since I'm sitting on a computer not doing my homework.

Anyone else?

link for anyone interested:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...-john-gibbons/

vCash
    I'm going to watch it but I know the outcome. The answers that Jays want they will pretty much walk around it ( sounds harsh but its usually the outcome ). Such as if they are going after this guy and, why they didn't go after this guy and so forth. I dont mind the field but its very streaky... I really cant wait for the real grass next season.

vCash
    AA- "Not overly worried about the 9th inning"... Talks about Cecil and Sanchez
    -Need depth in bullpen.
    -Still talking to clubs about trades.
    -biggest priority is bullpen
    -looking for 7th, 8th inning arms

Gibby- what happens with Thole? not sure about Thole basically

Beeston- stadium upgrades, want grass, air current is an issue, grass by 2018, want to make sure its something good and not something that doesn't need to be replaced because once the concrete is out there's no going back.

AA- plans to extend Bautista/EE for life? doesn't know about life, basically dodges question and just pumps their tires. have them under control for two more years so have a long time to extend them if they want.

Gibby- would you rather have Sanchez in high leverage bullpen situation or in the rotation? want to see sanchez as starter, sanchez in the bullpen solves bullpen questions. haven't decided on his role yet. Says Sanchez doesn't care just wants to be on the team.
    Who else is in contention for rotation? Estrada, Norris, alludes to others but doesn't give names... competition in ST.

Beeston- Question about high AAV and salary. Spend wisely, keep future in mind, already top 10 payroll club, have money if we need it blah blah blah. not 100% sure where salary will end up but ownership supportive.

Gibby- 2nd base? Izturis, best shape he's been in, have to see how he comes back from injury, Goins, can't hit, thinks he's better than that, Tolleson if they run a platoon, interested to see Travis, Kawasaki (gets cheer from crowd). Basically open competition for 2nd in ST.

AA- where did the deal for melky go sour? didn't think it went sour, had brief conversations in June about extension, didn't think what Jays were prepared to do worked for him. Had to make decisions in offseason based on finances, Martin seemed better for the club. Market changed once they were working on Saunders. Been trying to get Saunders for three years. M's claimed Happ off waivers but wouldn't do it for Saunders in the season.

Beeston- training facility in dunedin? kicked tires on other places, goal is to stay in Dunedin. Want new facility and stadium there. Figures should know within the next 6-12 months.

Gibby- strengths and weaknesses of rotation and bullpen, and what to add to make it more complete? someone yells James Shields, crowd cheers. Says he likes the staff but wants bullpen to get figured out. Stroman and Hutch emerging last year makes him feel good about rotation. Sanchez and Norris on cusp makes him feel good too. Pen has questions, says they have in house options.

AA- Norris breaking into rotation this year? September Norris wasn't him, had bonechips that got cleaned out. Asked a lot in trades for him. Compares him to Matt Harvey. Tremendous upside and excited to see him next year healthy. Thinks him and Sanchez are impact arms this year if they prove it. Figures Norris should be rotation sometime this year.

Beeston- when can fans expect all-star game in Toronto? Sooner rather than later, recently talked to new commish about it. Proposal being pushed forward for Toronto to host it.

Gibby- how to improve bottom of lineup? top of order distorts the bottom. Reyes Martin Bats EE Donald Saunders... thinks Pompey can be good. doesn't answer the question.
    Last edited by statquo; 02-05-2015 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    there's my summary for anyone who didn't watch.

vCash
    great summary.. as expected we didn't know and the grass gets pushed at least another year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Awesome job - thanks very much for that.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Good summary, and now I have to take several shots for the drinking game I created for this "event". Of course they're happy with 2B, and the bullpen, and Navarro basically is the starting DH and so many other fun things...

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Good summary, and now I have to take several shots for the drinking game I created for this "event". Of course they're happy with 2B, and the bullpen, and Navarro basically is the starting DH and so many other fun things...
    I never really took that from it. Sounds like 2b should be as is for sure but that there's still moves to be made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Awesome stuff, thanks.

I rolled my eyes about the in-house options for the BP. Saw that coming a mile away. It kills me that they'd rather gamble with Sanchez's development than bring in a close/set-up guy.

And of course they talk up Izturis too. I pray Travis is decent.

This is the used car salesmen crap I was talking about just last week. I can almost guarantee that they are not actively pursuing any more help, just monitoring. This is going to be our roster.

And about 90 minutes before this, Bobcat was gushing about all the player movement, getting rid of bad apples. Bob came across as a pure company guy today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Damn, hope you bought a Texas micky

vCash
    the jays are dead to me after holding onto lind for all of those horrible years only to trade him for nothing when he started playing decent. our front office is so god damn bad it actually pains my chest too much to cheer for this team.
    Do The Twirk

vCash
    I don't see this team making the playoffs as long as AA and Beeston are here. I don't get why more people don't see it. I am so happy I did not renew my season tickets.
    Last edited by KingCanada; 02-06-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Thanks...great recap.

Yes, it's painful to see the dumb cheap moves they make and then blow millions here and there. Love getting Martin...I do....but, we had 3 catchers. That's alot of money...that it turns out we didn't have.

Would everyone have been happy signing Martin if they knew that was the only spend we were going to have? Pitching!

Still AA did make a great trade.

We'll start to see a decline from Bats and EE soon. Then we are back to square one. Bats and EE were grift you don't get that often. Rogers just pissed them away.

That Lind trade was a shocker. WTF? It took away most of the shine from Donaldson trade.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    If they are out of it by AS. Sell everything that's not nailed down.
    Great young core now could get even more better...
    Moving Bats/EE/Reyes/MB and anyone else over 25.
    In 2 years we could be unstoppable with a influx of even more raw talent.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    Thanks...great recap.

Yes, it's painful to see the dumb cheap moves they make and then blow millions here and there. Love getting Martin...I do....but, we had 3 catchers. That's alot of money...that it turns out we didn't have.

Would everyone have been happy signing Martin if they knew that was the only spend we were going to have? Pitching!

Still AA did make a great trade.

We'll start to see a decline from Bats and EE soon. Then we are back to square one. Bats and EE were grift you don't get that often. Rogers just pissed them away.

That Lind trade was a shocker. WTF? It took away most of the shine from Donaldson trade.
    I think most people would prefer the 1 star over 2-3 positions for the same amount of money per year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast