Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Yet another player complains about the turf in Toronto

ďWhen I was there for a couple days, I wasnít even really playing at first, and I was just, you know, taking fly balls in the outfield and doing some drills, and I kind of felt like my hips were hurting a little bit ó kind of felt like they were out of place ó and it was tough on my body. And every time I dove on the turf, my body really took a beating. The next day I would wake up really sore and achy. Thatís why, when I got there, Jose told me Iíve got to pick my spots wisely, and not dive all the time, and take care of your body on the turf, because itís so much different than grass ó because itís basically concrete underneath, versus a real grass stadium where thereís the soil and the gravel and whatnot, so itís easier to play on rather than turf.Ē
    -Pompey
    http://andrewstoeten.com/2014/12/04/...#disqus_thread

Lawrie complained(although those injuries never occurred on the turf itself), there were rumors that Cabrera preferred not to play on it, which he, his agent and Bautista denied. Still, how is this not being changed ASAP? I know the Argos won't be gone till 2017 but when Pompey, a guy who just got here, is already complaining about it feeling like landing on concrete, how can a multi-billion dollar company not find a solution?

vCash

Yet another player complains about the turf in Toronto

ďWhen I was there for a couple days, I wasnít even really playing at first, and I was just, you know, taking fly balls in the outfield and doing some drills, and I kind of felt like my hips were hurting a little bit ó kind of felt like they were out of place ó and it was tough on my body. And every time I dove on the turf, my body really took a beating. The next day I would wake up really sore and achy. Thatís why, when I got there, Jose told me Iíve got to pick my spots wisely, and not dive all the time, and take care of your body on the turf, because itís so much different than grass ó because itís basically concrete underneath, versus a real grass stadium where thereís the soil and the gravel and whatnot, so itís easier to play on rather than turf.Ē
    -Pompey
    http://andrewstoeten.com/2014/12/04/...#disqus_thread

Lawrie complained(although those injuries never occurred on the turf itself), there were rumors that Cabrera preferred not to play on it, which he, his agent and Bautista denied. Still, how is this not being changed ASAP? I know the Argos won't be gone till 2017 but when Pompey, a guy who just got here, is already complaining about it feeling like landing on concrete, how can a multi-billion dollar company not find a solution?

vCash
    I guess this is why Toronto will have a new turf for 2015

vCash
    We already know turf sucks.

vCash
    I sure hope to hell Bautista isn't telling our young outfielders not to dive. You go get us that ball young sir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I guess this is why Toronto will have a new turf for 2015
    It's not grass though, which is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We already know turf sucks.
    We do but, this is 3 players in the course of a few weeks saying it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I sure hope to hell Bautista isn't telling our young outfielders not to dive. You go get us that ball young sir.
    He said pick and choose. No point risking your body diving for a 50/50 ball in an 11-0 blowout and practices. They can practise diving on road games
    Last edited by nithanyo; 12-05-2014 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    I don't understand why they can't just lay a more giving base layer under the turf???????????
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Well it's not really a secret. Everyone is thinking it even if they don't say it.

I wonder if Tampa Bay has the same issue though.

vCash
    All this money on turfs.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Well it's not really a secret. Everyone is thinking it even if they don't say it.

I wonder if Tampa Bay has the same issue though.
    Does Tampa host monster truck shows,concerts etc? That doesn't help.

vCash
    The funny thing is when they asked Saunders about it, he totally ignored the question and just talked how hes is proud to represent the Jays and Canada

this has got to change sooner than 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    It's not grass though, which is the point.

Ya. They're saying it because they're probably bring asked about it. If no one asks you're not going to have players call press conferences to discuss the turf at Rogers center. No one has ever liked turf... Anywhere.

Trade Pompey.

vCash
    See baseball stadiums host concerts all the time -- Yankee Stadium, AT&T Park, Fenway Park -- host concerts for guys like Springsteen, Jay-Z, U2, etc... so if they can do somehow, why the hell cant the jays do it? Who cares about monster trucks and disney on ice, those guys can go to the ACC. I know its lost revenue, but your main source by far is the Jays and if guys hesitate to come here for that reason, your not only doing yourself a disservice by not getting the best players, but also the fans who support the salaries for these millionaires...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    See baseball stadiums host concerts all the time -- Yankee Stadium, AT&T Park, Fenway Park -- host concerts for guys like Springsteen, Jay-Z, U2, etc... so if they can do somehow, why the hell cant the jays do it? Who cares about monster trucks and disney on ice, those guys can go to the ACC. I know its lost revenue, but your main source by far is the Jays and if guys hesitate to come here for that reason, your not only doing yourself a disservice by not getting the best players, but also the fans who support the salaries for these millionaires...
    3rd party entertainment and the revenue should be irrelevant. Rogers paid $25m for the stadium.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast