Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Joe Maddon Opts Out

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle21287655/

Joe Maddon has opted out. I think we should go after him and give Gibby the boot. Discuss.

vCash
    Fan 590 said the Jays have already come out and said no (as to not get the fans hopes up and thats a good move). Maddon is also demanding 5/25 so the Jays don't have money to pay for a manager with all of their holes. Though Maddon would attract some quality free agents... with TB there were budget problems, but with a big cosmopolitan city like Toronto there should be no probl.... actually never mind he isn't coming here...

vCash
    I can dream though.......right?

vCash
    You're a Jays fan. Dreaming is prohibited.

vCash
    Woth all he holes this team has coupled with a limited budget, I agree! Let's throw a bunch of monkey at a manager

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Woth all he holes this team has coupled with a limited budget, I agree! Let's throw a bunch of monkey at a manager
    Yes definitely. "Woth" all our holes, we definitely need to throw more "monkey" at a manager.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Yes definitely. "Woth" all our holes, we definitely need to throw more "monkey" at a manager.
    Ha, I'm on my phone and it's Friday night, do the math. How much do you charge for sports forum grammar lessons on a Friday night? Must be a premium.

vCash
    Rumor is he wants 5 years/25 million. Zero chance a team who passed the hat around a year ago to pay a player would ever offer that to a manager.

vCash
    Ha, I'm on my phone and it's Friday night, do the math. How much do you charge for sports forum grammar lessons on a Friday night? Must be a premium.
    Nah, not enough "monkey" in the world for me to waste my time.

Learn to text and then maybe come back and see me

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Everyone's looking for more monkey these days...

vCash
    The Jays could offer him $40M, but at the end of the day Maddon has to actually want to come here. And I can't think of one good reason, given how lousy the team has been. He's seen the Jays up close enough times to have no interest in coming here.

He'll either go out west for his family, or to an up and coming team like the Cubs.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    He's going to coach Dodgers. Connect the dots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Nah, not enough "monkey" in the world for me to waste my time.

Learn to text and then maybe come back and see me
    Sure, Mr. sports forum grammar teacher, your mom must be really proud of you. I will try harder next time, especially for you. That'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

vCash
    Sure, Mr. sports forum grammar teacher, your mom must be really proud of you. I will try harder next time, especially for you. That'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
    You should've used a period after 'teacher'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    The Jays could offer him $40M, but at the end of the day Maddon has to actually want to come here. And I can't think of one good reason, given how lousy the team has been. He's seen the Jays up close enough times to have no interest in coming here.

He'll either go out west for his family, or to an up and coming team like the Cubs.
    But all we heard all trade deadline, and after, is how close the Jays were to making the playoffs, and just needed a few additions to make that happen. Another reliever...a serviceable 2B. Wouldn't Maddon want to be part of a team that's so close to the post-season?

Or is it that this team really isn't that close at all and getting mad at not adding a body or two at the deadline is kinda foolish?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast