Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jays take 2/3

1 25.00%
  • Jays Sweep

1 25.00%
  • Royals take 2/3

2 50.00%
  • Royals sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Can the Jays salvage their road trip? Jays/Royals July 10-12

Toronto Blue Jays

Vs

KC Royals

Friday July 10, 8:10

Marco Estrada (6-4, 3.59 ERA) vs Danny Duffy (2-4, 5.14 ERA)

Blue Jays: Estrada bounced back from a rough outing against Boston to surrender two runs over five innings against the Tigers in his last start. Estrada has allowed two runs or fewer in three of his last four starts but has never faced the Royals in his career.

Royals: Duffy has thrown into the seventh inning in two of his three starts since returning from the DL, with 11 strikeouts and just five walks. He is 0-2 with an 11.42 ERA in three career games against the Blue Jays.

Saturday July 11, 2:10

Mark Buehrle (9-5, 3.38 ERA) vs Chris Young (7-4, 2.89 ERA)

Blue Jays: Buehrle was the victim of some shoddy defense in his last start -- as evidenced by four unearned runs against the White Sox -- but outside of that one little blip he has been on a roll. He's allowed two earned runs or fewer in seven straight starts.

Royals:Young has allowed just seven runs over his past three starts, though he has lost two of his last four outings. He is 1-2 career against Tampa Bay, while current Rays players are hitting .278 against him all-time.

Sunday July 12, 2:10

Felix Doubront (1-0, 2.00 ERA) vs Edinson Volquez (8-4, 3.40 ERA)

Blue Jays: Doubront earned himself a second start after allowing just one earned run over 6 2/3 innings vs the White Sox. He essentially controls his own fate and will continue starting as long as the numbers support it.

Royals: Volquez has allowed two or fewer runs in four of his last six starts, yielding one off a homer last Tuesday vs. the Rays. The Royals have won 12 of 17 games with Volquez starting this season.

All info from bluejays.com

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    If we don't win 2 out of 3 here, it might be time to start asking other teams what they'll offer for EE/Bautista/Buehrle/Reyes (if the latter is even tradable).

vCash
    I like the pitching matchups, but the Jays need to get to these guys early and often. By the 6th inning you're gonna be facing an elite bullpen and the Jays aren't likely to win that battle if they're behind.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    If we don't win 2 out of 3 here, it might be time to start asking other teams what they'll offer for EE/Bautista/Buehrle/Reyes (if the latter is even tradable).
    If that happens we are 1 game under .500 and at worst 5.5 back of the division and 5.0 back of the wildcard. I don't think management should even be considering that until after the Oakland series, and the VERY earliest - if even then. This division is wide open and too vulnerable to give up right now, although I guess "asking" doesn't really hurt.

And I believe Buehrle is very tradable right now - would cost them some cash going back but would net very little in return. But I believe teams would line up for him.

vCash
    Jays don't make any trades until last week of July, whether it's buying or selling.

vCash
    I think Jays sweep. I like the pitching matchups. Young and Volquez are due to regress a bit and I think this lineup can cause it.

vCash
    I don't know about the Sunday matchup but the other matchups are fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't know about the Sunday matchup but the other matchups are fine.
    With this rotation I don't think there is really a 'fine' matchup.

vCash
    Here we go boys need to man up against KC. Bats better show up.

vCash
    if it were up to me, id give you guys Niese for free, Syndergaard went beast mode again tonight,

vCash
    Bautista 66 walks this year most in AL.

Where the hell is Buck? Holidays during ball season? What's the offseason for then? Cmon Buck.

vCash
    Ahh Edwin so close. Cain catches it up on the wall. Need Estrada to bring it tnite.

vCash
    Nice backup by Travis there.

vCash
    Estrada hobblin after getting drilled by that liner.

vCash
    Jesus you can't challenge anybody's arm in that OF...ugh Reyes.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast