Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Marcus Stroman's awesome pitch comparisons

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/marcu...f-pitch-comps/

And I thought it was impossible to like him more than I already did. Just wow.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Comparisons to Halladay Cueto and Darvish? I can't wait to see what he does with a full season in the majors.

vCash
    I love this kid.

vCash
    I know, right? Stroman is a machine. If Hutch's new slider is legit the Jays will be very dangerous next year.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    I know, right? Stroman is a machine. If Hutch's new slider is legit the Jays will be very dangerous next year.
    Adding Martin should help as well.

vCash

Marcus Stroman's awesome pitch comparisons

Looking at Stroman now and remembering all the "he won't make it as a starter crap" makes me want Sanchez to have an opportunity to prove himself too.

vCash
    He's a reliever at best.

vCash
    he seems to have great starting pitcher potential...i think we should put him in the pen, its very weak right now and we arent getting any help there, he could dominate late innings

vCash
    Man, those are some seriously outstanding comps. You know that 'stuff' you always here people talking about in reference to pitchers? He's got it.

Or as one commenter on the article put it "Marcus Halleutandez gonna crushinate this year."

vCash
    Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    he seems to have great starting pitcher potential...i think we should put him in the pen, its very weak right now and we arent getting any help there, he could dominate late innings
    Sarcasm? I hope so...

I was just about to post this article by twitchy beat me to the punch. What a great read and my man crush for stroman is at an all time high lol. I love this kid, hopefully he puts it all together. Could be the staff Ace this team has lacked since Halladay was traded.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    Great idea!

vCash
    I for one never bought the whole "Stroman is too short to make it as a starter" crap.. for all the advancements the game has made and all the stories of players defying the odds, that seemed like such a bullcrap argument reflecting a very backward way of thinking

vCash
    What do advancements in the game have to do with the fact that it's harder for shorter pitchers to succeed? That just, is. It's not really a debate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    What do advancements in the game have to do with the fact that it's harder for shorter pitchers to succeed? That just, is. It's not really a debate.
    What you say is absolutely true, and I was skeptical at first about Stroman as well.. but there's a few examples of short pitchers who were flat out dominant, at least for a short period of time (Gordon and Pedro come to mind, off the top of my head).

Generally though, these guys are exceptions and not the rule.

Gibbons reaction to the Adam Lind trade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast