• Sean Reid-Foley

0 0%
  • Miguel Castro

2 11.76%
  • D.J. Davis

0 0%
    vCash

Blue Jays top 30 prospects #4

Number #3 goes to the Canadian kid Pompey by another landslide.

For me it finally starts to get a little interesting, lots of options at the #4 spot like Jeff Hoffman a one time top 1-5 spec going into the draft but with no minor league games and TJ issues, Barreto a guy still in the low minors but could have the most potential in the jays system or a guy like Osuna who struggled a lot in a short injury riddled season but has proven before at a young age he can dominate. Along with others like Pentecost, Nay or Castro.

My personal choice is Barreto, one of my best friends lives in Vancouver and watches pretty much all the Canadian's games and can't stop raving about Barreto. I hope he moves over to 2B soon then I think he could be a year or two away from being a top 2B spec in the game.

#1 Aaron Sanchez
    #2 Daniel Norris
    #3 Dalton Pompey

vCash
    I'm going Hoffman.

Bro was going to be a Top 3 pick before TJ...and all things point to him being Ace material. IMO...I think the success rate for TJ is too good to justify letting him slip down the rankings.

I love Barreto like a son (he's next on my list), but I just want to see him in full season ball first.

vCash
    Osuna was a top 100 prospect before getting injured.

vCash
    I went with Barreto but only because I feel Hoffman needs a least a couple Milb starts but damn Hoffman has a pretty awesome arsenal he defiantly has the tools to be an ace in the bigs. Little fact about the game Hoffman was injured in he went 8 innings of scoreless ball with 16K's.

vCash
    I will go with Barreto. I think Hoffman is probably the highlight of our prospect pool, but I want to see what he does first.

vCash
    I went with Osuna here.

Our prospect pool is pretty impressive actually when you consider how many have been dealt away the last few years. If all the pitchers come back healthy, this may be our best prospect pool ever. AA certainly has done a good job drafting high end talent.

vCash
    Also fun to note that Stroman just graduated to the majors and Sanchez is probably going to make the rotation.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    It would be nice to get a couple more votes, like to have a clear cut winner.

vCash
    I went with Castro. He is 6'5, averages ~95 mph (from a low 3/4 arm slot) and can touch 98 with movement at the age of 19. As much as I love Barreto and Hoffman, Castro throws "an easy 95" and looks like he could have a ceiling similar to Sanchez.

I want to see Barreto hit some better pitching, and Hoffman is still another year away from being fully recovered from surgery with 0 professional innings under his belt.

vCash
    Went with Barreto there.. it was between him and Osuna for me

No way you can put Hoffman over 2 guys that have had great success in the minors when he'll likely only have a few innings under his belt even after next season

vCash
    Well time to move on. Barreto wins, but a close one.