• Nnamdi Asomugha

9 52.94%
  • Darrelle Revis

8 47.06%
  • neither

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nnamdi Asomugha v.s. Darrelle Revis Pt.2

if both were free agents who would you want on your team?(not considering age)

since it's slow in the nfl forum today ive been making a couple of threads to start some action... so after another season has gone who is better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC5Dq...eature=related

How can you not consider age?

To everyone who is neither a homer nor hater, the two are very much equal. The only difference would be the players age.
    If the above text has offended you, please PM me your address so that I may mail you a kleenex.

Revis

He simply shuts down every big time receiver. Look at the numbers guys like Reggie Wayne (1 catch 1 yard in the playoffs), Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson (1 catch 13 yards) did against him. Those 3 are just examples. He shut down every top reciever he's faced the last 2 seasons. It's at a point now when QB's don't even throw his way cuz whoever he's guarding is never open.

Give me Nnamdi 2nd though. He's also great, but more receivers have had some succuss against him over the last couple years. Revis doesn't lead in the big stats like interceptions and passes defended simply cuz no one passes his way anymore. He's the definition of a complete shut down corner.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-14-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Honestly it's 1a) 1b) and I am a Jet fan.

So I can't be considered a voter. They are both amazing. I really don't even feel like there is a wrong answer at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Revis

He simply shuts down every big time receiver. Look at the numbers guys like Reggie Wayne (1 catch 1 yard in the playoffs), Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson (1 catch 13 yards) did against him. Those 3 are just examples. He shut down every top reciever he's faced the last 2 seasons. It's at a point now when QB's don't even throw his way cuz whoever he's guarding is never open.

Give me Nnamdi 2nd though. He's also great, but more receivers have had some succuss against him over the last couple years. Revis doesn't lead in the big stats like interceptions and passes defended simply cuz no one passes his way anymore. He's the definition of a complete shut down corner.
    Not gonna complain but nnamdi gave up 0 td passes compared to Revis 4
    And 1/3 of the catches he got beat on was in the Miami game his first game back from injury when he clearly wasn't 100% percent... But like another poster said it's 1a to 1b u can't go wrong!

We'll see when theyre teammates this year

But seriously both are beasts. I'm biased towards Revis ofcourse I think that he just has fresher legs then Nnamdi cause he hasn't been in the league as long so he's gonna be a little quicker. Both are great students of the game, guys you can root for and shut down their WR. Having said that, Revis, your my boy blue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SWAG

Gotta represent my team's players, so I'll give the nod to Nnamdi.

But in all seriousness, unless you're a scout and study game film, there's no way you can answer this question accurately.

wow after seein the first n 10 interview with aso I'm impressed. Dude was respectable n modest while skip was tryna bait him 2 throw revis under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by gboogy View Post
    wow after seein the first n 10 interview with aso I'm impressed. Dude was respectable n modest while skip was tryna bait him 2 throw revis under the bus.
    Nnamdi is defiantly the most respectable and honest person in the league top 5 atleast... He's so quiet and humble and maybe that's why it took him this long to get recognized for his talents or maybe it's because the raiders sucked for so long but now they r back baby!

I'll be biased and say Nnamdi, but both are great corners, but what sets Nnamdi apart from Revis, is that he's an all around great player and person because he strives to be a better human beingm, and does boat loads of charities to help others out; all in all, both are great and fun to watch...if Qb's threw their way.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I'll be biased and say Nnamdi, but both are great corners, but what sets Nnamdi apart from Revis, is that he's an all around great player and person because he strives to be a better human beingm, and does boat loads of charities to help others out; all in all, both are great and fun to watch...if Qb's threw their way.
    these reasons makes him the better player?
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-14-2011 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    these reasons makes him the better player?
    Your boy gave up 4 TD's while my boy gave up 0! Is that clear enough for you?
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

frank walker
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Just because Revis held out doesn't make him a bad person.
    Your boy gave up 4 TD's while my boy gave up 0! Is that clear enough for you?
    All while he was suffering from an injury.

Revis was less impressive this year but when he was at full health he just did what he always does. Honestly... it's early but I fully believe both should make the hall of fame when there careers are over. There will need to be a big dropoff for it not to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast