Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Would be Easier to Tackle???

A few months ago, my friends and I got into a pretty heated debate that still has not quite stopped. One of my friends said that if given the chance, they would rather have the opportunity to tackle Adrian Peterson in the open field as opposed to tackling Chris Johnson because he felt that he had the better chance of bringing AD down. Lets remember that he is just an average joe and quite frankly has about a 0% chance of taking either down. To me it was ridiculous to say that, but what do you guys think? Who would you think would be the easiest to tackle out of the two?

db75 Guest
    AD would be easier simply because he's not as shifty. If you can manage to get some kind of wrap on his leg and he gets caught just right, he's going down.

That said, I'd rather be hit full on by CJ than AD...lol

Difficult... Do I want my ankles broken or get knocked on my back? I think I'll take AD (who is still extremely fast), because AD will try to overpower me and by some luck that contact may cause him to somehow slip.

Yeah i think i rather take my chances at taking down AD.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    If I could get my hands on him, I think that I would take Johnson, however, I dont think I could. If it came down to open field I would take AP, I dont think he is a crafty, but he runs hard,so I could at least try to tacke him, doesnt mean I succede.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

LOL at any of you thiking Peterson is easier to tackle. CJ has like 1 or 2 homeruns a game, everything else is him get just stuffed right away.

Give me CJ, yeah he might run by me, but if he doesn't at least I have a chance at bringing him down. With Peterson he would just bulldose right over me, the chance of tackling him is 0%.

Okay, 1 out of 1000 tries I might be able to slow down CJ. Peterson would run through any of us without missing a beat 1000/1000 times. AD is a freaking beast.

Edit-What Neon Deion said, except I think he undersold CJ a little bit.

I think if I tried to tackle an AP going full speed my head would pop off. I'd rather take my chanes with CJ.
    Last edited by levignjw; 02-15-2011 at 09:46 AM.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

None of us would be able to bring down either of them. Chris Johnson would run right past every one of us, and Peterson would just run right over us.

I'll take Chris Johnson and save myself the concussion.

subroc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by X12Celtics3 View Post
    None of us would be able to bring down either of them. Chris Johnson would run right past every one of us, and Peterson would just run right over us.
    this......

The question is who's easier to tackle, not who's easier to catch, and the answer to that is even easier.

Chris Johnson doesn't break tackles to rack up 5 yards every carry. He gets stuffed 5 times and then takes it the length of the field. AP breaks tackles on just about every run.

The question isn't who's a better back, who's faster, or who's more elusive. It's who's harder to tackle. And there's just about noone harder than Peterson.

ok ap or hillis???

CJ...easiliy. cj isn't really shiftier than AP, he's just quicker. AP would knock you out unless you go for his legs, then he'll jump over you. you can take CJ head on and be ok
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

peterson would be easier. Peterson is more likely to try and run over you than CJ
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast