Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    /\ What about people who use a service like Gamefly?

I still buy games I know I like but Rage is a new I.P. and one I'm not sure about. Add in the fact it's mainly a single player game because the multiplayer is going to suck being just car shooting and then I don't want to buy it that much more because usually S.P. only games are not worth the price with no replay value. Might as well rent them, play it beat it and send it back, now I cannot even get the full singleplayer because of this online code ********. Second hand buying is not bad. The people have to wait to buy the game and choose to do so to get it at a cheaper price. Someone still bought the game new and that money still went to the developers. If the game was good enough and long lasting via multiplayer people wouldn't sell it.
    I'm sorry to the Gameflyers. but even people who wait to get the game at a lower price can either A) buy the game used and give the money to gamestop, or B) buy it new for 5 dollars more and give the money to the devs. Its not like games cost 60 bucks forever. This is just cutting Gamestop out of the loop. I hate gamestop and i don't gamefly, so i'm all for it.

vCash
    I understand and am completely on the side of the developers but I just don't think the consumers who cannot afford to buy every game should have to suffer. Gamefly is a decent service I would say. I use that for a lot of the games I'm not sure about, especially first time new I.P's like Rage. If I like it I know I like the series and then I buy them. I still buy games new but only ones I know I like. Elder Scrolls, NCAA Football, Assassins Creed, Rainbow Six, Civilization, etc. Most single player only games though I'll rent because when your done and beat them they are worthless.

vCash
    Watched about 20 minutes of game play for this game today on youtube. Anyone have this on preorder? I think I'm going to grab myself a copy when it comes out. Looks awesome.
    Jordy Nelson 2014 Stats
    Receptions: 23 | Yards: 351 | TDs: 1 | Avg: 15.3

vCash
    I've decided to buy this game. The singleplayer will be awesome but I'm buying it because two of my friends are now getting it and I'm banking on the co-op being good. Doubt the multiplayer will be but I'm sure I'll try it if i buy it.

vCash
    game is out, anyone get it?

vCash
    I was planning on it, but decided against it at the last minute. Just doesn't seem worth the full price to me.

vCash
    I think it's great so far. Music is intense lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    was going to get until i heard about the 25 gb install on the pc. that's ridiculous.

vCash
    I've had a number of framerate issues on the PC which have been pissing me off. Apparently it's a known problem..so I have to wait now for it to be fixed until I can play and actually enjoy the game fully
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Finally finished RAGE and wow what a disappointment - Seriously, this game won 20 awards at E3? While the idea of the story is great, and the artwork/design is fantastic, this game really isn't that good. The storyline itself was boring and uninteresting, I hate the lack of dialogue from your character, I hate not knowing the story of the character's past, the ending was way too easy and very boring (in terms of gameplay) but the saddest thing of all is, although I don't think this game is very good at all in regards to general enjoyment, I'm going to have to get the sequel just to see what happens - yes there's going to be a sequel, never seen something so obvious.

But all this begs the question....why the **** is the game so big? It's 22GB or something if I want to install it on my Xbox, aside from graphics there's nothing really of worth from this game. I suggest to anybody that hasn't got this game and wants to play it, rent it, or borrow it off a sucker (someone like me) that bought it.

I know others might like this game and thinks it's great, to me it's average, and I was really, really excited for this game because it looked and sounded so good, so I guess my big disappointment is making me very critical of the game.

And one gameplay issue I had was when I was talking to characters in-game, the last bit of whatever they were saying - doesn't matter who it was or what they were saying - would cut out (an example to better explain this would be me saying "My name is LegendX" and you only hearing "My name is").

vCash
    /\ Well said. Sold it already. Such a disappointment. I didn't even wait to finish it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    /\ Well said. Sold it already. Such a disappointment. I didn't even wait to finish it.
    Yeah I'm thinking of trading it in and putting the value towards 'Assassins Creed: Revelations' I know for a fact that game won't disappoint because the last 3 were awesome. I'm not even going to bother with the multiplayer for RAGE, if that's all a game is useful for then I think it's a piece of **** unless it's on the scale of BF or CoD.

vCash
    I played this game for 45 min and shut it off. Not a fan at all. The corny, repetitive dialogue really pissed me off.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I have seen gameplay vids of it and it seems so much like Borderlands. Am I the only one who notices this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking of trading it in and putting the value towards 'Assassins Creed: Revelations' I know for a fact that game won't disappoint because the last 3 were awesome. I'm not even going to bother with the multiplayer for RAGE, if that's all a game is useful for then I think it's a piece of **** unless it's on the scale of BF or CoD.
    Dude the multiplayer and co-op sucks worse than the single player! The multiplayer felt like it was tacked on the last week of development. They put little effort into it. Harm's Way that free arcade game had a more engrossing multiplayer. That's sad...

Anyways yeah if BF3 and Skyrim weren't coming out I'de definitely be getting AC:R. RAGE sucking doesn't piss me off as much knowing there are some great games coming out just around the corner.
    Last edited by WIPurplePride; 10-17-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast