Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rage

vCash
    RAGE Online Pass locks out single-player content

RAGE's creative director Tim Willits has detailed the online pass system set to feature in the upcoming post-apocalyptic shooter, revealing that rather than locking second-hand buyers out of the game's multiplayer modes, certain single-player content will only be available to a "first-time buyer".

Gamers who buy the game new and register the one-time use code included in the box will be given access to a set of additional single-player missions accessed through sewer hatches dotted around the world.

If you don't buy the game new, you'll have to pay an additional fee to access the content.

"We have the first-time buyer stuff with all the sewers," said Willits talking in an interview with Eurogamer. "If you bought the game new, that would be open for you. You still have to download it, but you don't have to pay for it."

But Willits doesn't think that the majority of gamers will even notice the content restrictions that are in place.

"Those hatches are all over. Most people never find them. But as soon as you do, you're like, oh. And then you start to look for it. That's our first-time buyer incentive.

"As you can tell, most people never even see it. I can tell you, some people will buy Rage, download that, and still never set foot in those things. They just won't. I think that's fair. It's cool. It's outside the main path. We're not detracting from anything. But I know some consumers, when you can't avoid it, then you get a little touchy subject."

Online pass systems have been the source of many a discussion in recent months, with many publishers, including EA, THQ, Codemasters, Warner Bros., SCEE and Ubisoft, implementing one-time use codes into their games granting access to additional content or the game's multiplayer.

RAGE launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October 7th.

vCash
    demo is 22 gb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WIPurplePride View Post
    its alot better than them locking out multiplayer if you buy used.

vCash
    /\ The Multiplayer for Rage sucks ***... No team deathmatch, no capture the flag, only car shooting like some sort of Twisted Metal ripoff. I think Rage is all about the single player and that's why I'm renting it because the multiplayer sucks and the game will have no replay value. Not worth buying.

vCash
    Speaking of the multiplayer. Here are my ideas.

And don't worry there are plenty of people excited for this game just not too many gamers on PSD.

The above link is a good place to go if you want to talk Rage.
    Its ids first game since Doom 3, of course i'm excited. Not too many gamers on PSD is right. You can tell because the COD thread is bumpin'.

vCash
    Who cares, they are just cutting gamestop out of the loop. Its a good thing. I don't understand why people are so angry over this online pass craze. The only way it would bother me is if you had to spend additional $ after buying a new game.

Think about it, used games cost like... 5 dollars less than the new copies. Big fuggin' deal. At least the devs are getting payed instead of bloodsucking gamestop.

vCash
    /\ What about people who use a service like Gamefly?

I still buy games I know I like but Rage is a new I.P. and one I'm not sure about. Add in the fact it's mainly a single player game because the multiplayer is going to suck being just car shooting and then I don't want to buy it that much more because usually S.P. only games are not worth the price with no replay value. Might as well rent them, play it beat it and send it back, now I cannot even get the full singleplayer because of this online code ********. Second hand buying is not bad. The people have to wait to buy the game and choose to do so to get it at a cheaper price. Someone still bought the game new and that money still went to the developers. If the game was good enough and long lasting via multiplayer people wouldn't sell it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertDominguez View Post
    demo is 22 gb?
    so nobody cares that the game is going to take 22 gb just to play it? When LA Noire only took 16... and discounting the slims the smallest hard drive for the 360 is.. 20 GB..
    This is utterly ridiculous...

vCash
    /\ Are you talking about the PS3? No I don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wipurplepride View Post
    /\ are you talking about the ps3? No i don't care.

vCash
    Then what are you talking about? You don't have to install **** if you don't got space with the Xbox 360...?

vCash
    Then what are you talking about? You don't have to install **** if you don't got space with the Xbox 360...?
    Obviously he wants to try out the demo out to see if he likes it and if it really is 22Gb demo that is just too big but I never heard demos being that big though

vCash
    I guarantee no demo is going to be 22GB when you can download an entire game for less than 10.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertDominguez View Post
    And again this is Xbox not PS3, you DO NOT have to install the game to play it. So if your still stuck with a small *** hard drive don't worry you can still play it off the disc(s) you just won't be able to install and play it off your harddrive, unless you got the room.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast