Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 142
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Ohio State University
    Posts
    1,198
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Why do you people even associate them with religion? They have nothing to do with God, Christianity, or religion.
    They have everything to do with religion.

    The whole strategy of religions is to make the map of human interests as broad and vague as possible, so that everyone can find their excuse or niche or reason for existence in the canon of the religion they practice. If they couldn't, the religion wouldn't be very popular and it wouldn't last long. But the goal of a racket is to involve as many contributing actors as possible. This is why there is an "eye for an eye", but there also is "turn the other cheek". If you're a pacifist, you can find support, but you can too if you're interest in conquering or enslaving foreigners.

    So yes, these crazy people find various evidence of religious support in Christianity because that is what Christianity - and most other large, organized religions - are designed to do.

    [flamesuiton]

    = N E W | Y O R K =

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    People like seeing bad things happen to bad people


    and if theyre all killed, they will no longer be able to terrorize families anymore.
    So, you'd be a bad person for murdering someone for their opinion. I'd hope you got the chair for killing someone in cold blood.

    I guess it's acceptable to murder someone because you don't like the way they do things or you don't like their way. Reminds me of a guy in Germany in the 1940s.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    thank u sir, i guess im just not good at articulating myself lol
    If that's the case then he is not good at articulating himself either. People claiming someone else is not a real christian are just being self-righteous. Heaven forbid someone have a different belief than you.
    I'm In.



  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTavern View Post
    They have everything to do with religion.

    The whole strategy of religions is to make the map of human interests as broad and vague as possible, so that everyone can find their excuse or niche or reason for existence in the canon of the religion they practice. If they couldn't, the religion wouldn't be very popular and it wouldn't last long. But the goal of a racket is to involve as many contributing actors as possible. This is why there is an "eye for an eye", but there also is "turn the other cheek". If you're a pacifist, you can find support, but you can too if you're interest in conquering or enslaving foreigners.

    So yes, these crazy people find various evidence of religious support in Christianity because that is what Christianity - and most other large, organized religions - are designed to do.

    [flamesuiton]
    Amen, brother.
    I'm In.



  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    They'd be national heroes for being a cold-blooded murderer? It's appalling how backwards our society has become.



    Who are you to say what a "real christian" is? There's not such thing as a "real christian" when everyone is allowed to have their own beliefs and think what they want to think. To say otherwise is plain arrogant and dare I say...ignorant.

    DISCLAIMER:

    My use of the word ignorant was not meant as an insult to the poster I was responding to.
    and who are u to say what i feel to be a real christian is wrong? everyone is allowed to have their own beliefs, no argument there, but dont call yourself a jew if u believe that jesus is our savior? get my point? they can believe what ever they want to but dont sit here and say youre a christian which preeches forgivness and second chances then say god sent someone to do a shooting, in the bible (which a question myself but we are going on a christian stand point) it says that god will not harm us cuz of our sins, in the bible a rainbow is a promise to not flood the earth, and the birth, death and reserection of jesus was for our sins, therefore, if u believe in the bible, u would never say god sent the killer.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    and who are u to say what i feel to be a real christian is wrong? everyone is allowed to have their own beliefs, no argument there, but dont call yourself a jew if u believe that jesus is our savior? get my point? they can believe what ever they want to but dont sit here and say youre a christian which preeches forgivness and second chances then say god sent someone to do a shooting, in the bible (which a question myself but we are going on a christian stand point) it says that god will not harm us cuz of our sins, in the bible a rainbow is a promise to not flood the earth, and the birth, death and reserection of jesus was for our sins, therefore, if u believe in the bible, u would never say god sent the killer.
    You're acting like the Bible is the end-all be-all for Christianity and further proving my point.
    I'm In.



  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,636
    vCash
    1500
    These peopleare pretty ****ed up to do **** like this, what a really ****** group of people

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    So, you'd be a bad person for murdering someone for their opinion. I'd hope you got the chair for killing someone in cold blood.

    I guess it's acceptable to murder someone because you don't like the way they do things or you don't like their way. Reminds me of a guy in Germany in the 1940s.



    If that's the case then he is not good at articulating himself either. People claiming someone else is not a real christian are just being self-righteous. Heaven forbid someone have a different belief than you.
    self righteous? dude get over yourself

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    That doesn't mean they're not Christians. I'm not totally familiar with the WBC but I assume they follow Jesus in some way, shape or form. They'd have to in order to be called Christians.

    If that's the case, who are we to decide what Christianity should mean? What they are doing is not any different than what "real christians" do. They preach love and forgiveness while the WBC preaches hate. That doesn't mean they aren't a "real christian." It's all up to interpretation, like all religion is.
    I don't consider them Christians, because they have completely bastardized Christ's original values and teachings in the development of their "sect". I would classify them as cultists and memebers of a hate group

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,561
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    You're acting like the Bible is the end-all be-all for Christianity and further proving my point.
    what? have u ever been to church or understand christianity?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    That doesn't mean they're not Christians. I'm not totally familiar with the WBC but I assume they follow Jesus in some way, shape or form. They'd have to in order to be called Christians.

    If that's the case, who are we to decide what Christianity should mean? What they are doing is not any different than what "real christians" do. They preach love and forgiveness while the WBC preaches hate. That doesn't mean they aren't a "real christian." It's all up to interpretation, like all religion is.
    No it's actually not.

    “Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

    “Love is patient; love is kind
    and envies no one.
    Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
    never selfish, not quick to take offense.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    there is no limit to its faith,
    its hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things
    that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
    but the greatest of them all is love.”

    “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

    "Love comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

    "And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

    "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."

    "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."


    And there are so many more. The Bible and Jesus clearly teach we should love each other for all our flaws, however you may perceive that person you are to love them no matter what. But we are human so we aren't perfect and sometimes it may seem hard, but that's another argument. The Christian Bible is quite clear on this message however.

    Also Luke 6:37 states: "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

    These people condemn in hatred those they disagree with despite the Christian Bible and core values telling them otherwise. Only God shall pass judgement and they spit on God's word on earth-said to be the absolute Truth (the Holy Bible). They ARE NOT Christian in faith or principle. By claiming the name of a follower of Christ they fly in the face of everything he stood and died for.

    So no, it's not unfair or ignorant to say they aren't Christian, because they are the antithesis of what it means to be Christian. I understand the Bible can be convoluted at times and interpreted in different ways, but this notion is very clear. You are not to judge or hate another man. It's reiterated dozens of times. So if you believe in Christianity then the Bible is the Word of God transcribed by man and compiled of absolute Truths. Which means the WBC are liars.
    Last edited by NCBoSoxfan21; 01-11-2011 at 03:01 PM.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    self righteous? dude get over yourself
    I need to get over myself?

    Prove me wrong. How is it acceptable to label something so broad as religion as a "right and wrong" or "real or not real" religion?

    self-righteous
    - 3 dictionary results
    self-right·eous
       /ˌsɛlfˈraɪtʃəs, ˈsɛlf-/ Show Spelled[self-rahy-chuhs, self-] Show IPA
    –adjective
    confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.
    I think I hit the nail on the head, if you ask me.
    I'm In.



  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    what? have u ever been to church or understand christianity?
    This has nothing to do with the thread at all. But for your information, I grew up attending church against my will and fully understand how Christianity works. Let's not stray from the topic and involve my personal life.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    No it's actually not.

    “Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

    “Love is patient; love is kind
    and envies no one.
    Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
    never selfish, not quick to take offense.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    there is no limit to its faith,
    its hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things
    that last forever: faith, hope, and love;
    but the greatest of them all is love.”

    “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

    "Love comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

    "And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

    "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."

    "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."


    And there are so many more. The Bible and Jesus clearly teach we should love each other for all our flaws, however you may perceive that person you are to love them no matter what. But we are human so we aren't perfect and sometimes it may seem hard, but that's another argument. The Christian Bible is quite clear on this message however.

    Also Luke 6:37 states: "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

    These people condemn in hatred those they disagree with despite the Christian Bible and core values telling them otherwise. Only God shall pass judgement and they spit on God's word on earth-said to be the absolute Truth (the Holy Bible). They ARE NOT Christian in faith or principle. By claiming the name of a follower of Christ they fly in the face of everything he stood and died for.

    So no, it's not unfair or ignorant to say they aren't Christian, because they are the antithesis of what it means to be Christian. I understand the Bible can be convoluted at times and interpreted in different ways, but this notion is very clear. You are not to judge or hate another man. It's reiterated dozens of times. So if you believe in Christianity then the Bible is the Word of God transcribed by man and compiled of absolute Truths. Which means the WBC are liars.
    Then why is anyone labeling them a "Christian" group? My problem is not with what they believe or how they act, it's with the way people are acting as if there is only one way to be a Christian.

    I personally agree that they are a cult. Then again, I find all religion to be a cult.
    I'm In.



  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TunTavern View Post
    They have everything to do with religion.

    The whole strategy of religions is to make the map of human interests as broad and vague as possible, so that everyone can find their excuse or niche or reason for existence in the canon of the religion they practice. If they couldn't, the religion wouldn't be very popular and it wouldn't last long. But the goal of a racket is to involve as many contributing actors as possible. This is why there is an "eye for an eye", but there also is "turn the other cheek". If you're a pacifist, you can find support, but you can too if you're interest in conquering or enslaving foreigners.

    So yes, these crazy people find various evidence of religious support in Christianity because that is what Christianity - and most other large, organized religions - are designed to do.

    [flamesuiton]
    Just want to point out Christianity doesn't believe in eye for an eye, that's originated by Hammurabi and Judiasm.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    6,214
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    This has nothing to do with the thread at all. But for your information, I grew up attending church against my will and fully understand how Christianity works. Let's not stray from the topic and involve my personal life.



    Then why is anyone labeling them a "Christian" group? My problem is not with what they believe or how they act, it's with the way people are acting as if there is only one way to be a Christian.

    I personally agree that they are a cult. Then again, I find all religion to be a cult.
    They label themselves like that. I mean I'm not Christian or reilgious, but I disagree that they are Christian.

    All religion is a cult, sure. But when I think of cult I think of Jim Jones, drinking the Kool-Aid types-Waco compound people. They are very similar, locking themselves in a compound with little or no outside contact and certainly none for the youth of their congregation (which they replenish by breeding 12-15 kids each). Very creepy and weird organization if you ask me. There is a great deal of brainwashing and lies going on there and Fred Phelps is the nutter at the top of the food chain responsible.

    BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

    MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    32,012
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    They label themselves like that. I mean I'm not Christian or reilgious, but I disagree that they are Christian.

    All religion is a cult, sure. But when I think of cult I think of Jim Jones, drinking the Kool-Aid types. They are very similar, locking themselves in a compound with little or no outside contact and certainly none for the youth of their congregation (which they replenish by breeding 12-15 kids each). Very creepy and weird organization if you ask me.
    I'm actually not familiar with their studies and why they call themselves Christians. But, I'm not about to say they're not. It's not for me or anyone else to decide what the call themselves and why they do the things they do.

    Yes, but the only reason they're different is that they actually followed through will illegal activities. If you bring up the definition of "cult" you'll see many different references of religion.

    We're getting too far off-topic now. I stand by my original comments that there is no "real" way to be a Christian and anyone who thinks otherwise is just being arrogant and self-righteous.
    I'm In.



Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •