Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ooh Child View Post
    Here is a link to a pdf of their gay protest flier:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...a-shooting.pdf

"Your federal judge is dead and your (***-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all. Your doom is upon you! Praise His Name!"
    So if someone came and blew up one of their churches/killed a ton of their followers would that be god punishing gay people or something? Idk, what would that mean to them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    this is truly sad. i am not religous personally, but my gf is a STRONG christian, and she is a REAL christian, a good person all around, and ppl like this are the ppl that make REAL christians look bad
    What is the definition of a "real" Christian? Someone with a differing belief is not a "real Christian?" Quite an arrogant statement, isn't it?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    So if someone came and blew up one of their churches/killed a ton of their followers would that be god punishing gay people or something? Idk, what would that mean to them?
    I'm sure it would just be someone who is against their beliefs. They'd spin it some way to benefit them.
    I'm In.

vCash
    i thought threads related to religion weren't allowed here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    i thought threads related to religion weren't allowed here?
    It needs to be moved.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I'm sure it would just be someone who is against their beliefs. They'd spin it some way to benefit them.
    Yeah thats what i was wondering. I wanted to know how they would view it. I think we need to try and out troll them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Yeah thats what i was wondering. I wanted to know how they would view it. I think we need to try and out troll them
    I'm down. You buy my plane ticket.
    I'm In.

vCash
    If someone would come and kill these people theyd be regarded as national hero's

vCash
    What is the definition of a "real" Christian? Someone with a differing belief is not a "real Christian?" Quite an arrogant statement, isn't it?
    idk if a read whats going on correctlly, but these people are protesting a 9 year olds funeral and practicly saying the shooting was a good thing and was sent by god..... idk, im not a religous expert... but that doesnt sound like a real christian to me. but if that is a real christian id like to hear your logic as to how and what way? i could be wrong

vCash
    I believe he's trying to say traditional Christiani values preach love to all in the New Testament, both enemies and friends. Not the brainwashed, abomination, led by the master spin-doctor- fanatic Fred Phelps. What the WBC believes and preaches isn't true Christianity, it's a warped vision of a man filled with vile hate. God Hates **** is just one of this sick, deluded man's attempts to raise himself to idol status (despite preaching against it) by seeing the 'truth' in scripture. THey lock themselves and children inside a compound where outside communication is forbidden and they are taught by their own. Reminds me of a cult, and we can all agree Jim Jones and the other nutjobs are what they are-vain psychopaths.
    Last edited by NCBoSoxfan21; 01-11-2011 at 02:46 PM.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    If someone would come and kill these people theyd be regarded as national hero's
    They'd be national heroes for being a cold-blooded murderer? It's appalling how backwards our society has become.

Quote Originally Posted by mikealike305 View Post
    idk if a read whats going on correctlly, but these people are protesting a 9 year olds funeral and practicly saying the shooting was a good thing and was sent by god..... idk, im not a religous expert... but that doesnt sound like a real christian to me. but if that is a real christian id like to hear your logic as to how and what way? i could be wrong
    Who are you to say what a "real christian" is? There's not such thing as a "real christian" when everyone is allowed to have their own beliefs and think what they want to think. To say otherwise is plain arrogant and dare I say...ignorant.

DISCLAIMER:

My use of the word ignorant was not meant as an insult to the poster I was responding to.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I can't remember where I read this, because it was over a year ago, but someone equated the Westboro Baptist Church as being a scam. Most of it is the family of Fred Phelps, and most of his children are lawyers.

So, they go to these events and try to stir the pot with their hateful sayings. If something happens to them, whether its assault or they are asked to leave, it is leaving open the door for one of the lawyers to open up a suit.

When you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Scams are to make money. Incite people with hateful rhetoric, that is bound to get a strong reaction, and there you have it.

What I really want to know is, what caused Fred Phelps to fall so far? He started his career as a lawyer, before his disbarment, handling civil rights cases and he made huge strides in the 60's. The disbarment itself is a bit weird, as well. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has spoken up on this.

vCash
    They'd be national heroes for being a cold-blooded murderer? It's appalling how backwards our society has become.
    People like seeing bad things happen to bad people

and if theyre all killed, they will no longer be able to terrorize families anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I believe he's trying to say Christianity preaches love to all in the New Testament, enemies and friends. Not the brainwashed, abomination, led by the master spin-doctor- fanatic Fred Phelps. What the WBC believes and preaches isn't true Christianity, it's a warped vision of a man filled with vile hate.
    thank u sir, i guess im just not good at articulating myself lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBoSoxfan21 View Post
    I believe he's trying to say Christianity preaches love to all in the New Testament, enemies and friends. Not the brainwashed, abomination, led by the master spin-doctor- fanatic Fred Phelps. What the WBC believes and preaches isn't true Christianity, it's a warped vision of a man filled with vile hate.
    That doesn't mean they're not Christians. I'm not totally familiar with the WBC but I assume they follow Jesus in some way, shape or form. They'd have to in order to be called Christians.

If that's the case, who are we to decide what Christianity should mean? What they are doing is not any different than what "real christians" do. They preach love and forgiveness while the WBC preaches hate. That doesn't mean they aren't a "real christian." It's all up to interpretation, like all religion is.
    I'm In.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast