Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Looks like Crowell cancelled his visit to Auburn. Just UGA and Bama now...

vCash
    Good news indeed. Even after giving his homeboy, Harrow, a scholly, I'm still not 100% convinced he ends up in Athens. From what I've heard though, Drew has been the biggest recruiter for this signing class. How could he not come to UGA? It's between us and Stanford for him IMO. I'd also like to get Jenkins as well as Richardson (would be a huge lift - literally). If we can get those four and for some reason steal Turene, then this would be hands down the best class I've ever seen from any school.

vCash
    Clemson has backed out of the race for Jeoffrey Pagan. Looks like they think he's going to UGA so they are looking to use that scholly elsewhere. Dabo Swinney had an in-home visit with him last night, so it appears Pagan must have told him he was signing with Georgia.

vCash

vCash
    Ray Drew BABY!!

Check this out, DGD already:

"I just want to say, after the end of Jay's (Rome) announcement, I heard your call," said Drew. "Isaiah Crowell, we're waiting on you. Antonio Richardson, we're waiting on you. John Jenkins, we're waiting on you, and Jeoffrey Pagan, we're waiting on you. Come join what we have put together as the Dream Team. But remember, a dream is only a dream, until you make it a reality. I'm calling you out on this one. I hope you're not afraid to be thrown into the fire, I hope you're not afraid to be the ones who make the change."

vCash
    Crowell's a Bulldog...

Jenkins is the only one remaining.

vCash
    Hello top 5! This was huge. If we get Jenkins, I have a feeling next year could be a nice 9-10 win season. Jenkins, Crowell, Drew, Rome, Jones will all make big impacts for us next year, and I'd be suprised if guys like Mitchell, or Marshall don't work themselves into starting roles by seasons ends.

Atta boy Richt!!

vCash
    We might have some learning curves next year but I'm feeling really good about 2012.

vCash
    RIP UGA 8th

John Jenkins chooses tomorrow at 1:00 pm between us and Florida. I'm feeling pretty confident. He will be our guarenteed starter at NT next year.

Go Dawgs!!

vCash
    Damn UGA VIII had only been the mascot for like a year right? They might start up the "Bring back Russ" movement again...

vCash
    We should use Crowells bulldog puppy! It has no spots!

vCash
    John Jenkins picks UGA, and will wear #6 next year. Haha 3-6-9. #3 for how many people it takes to block him, #6 for his jersey number, and #9 for how many sacks he'll have!

GATA!!

vCash
    For the past two months at least — or since about the time most believed Georgia would land running back Isaiah Crowell in recruiting — there have been rumors that Washaun Ealey might transfer to Georgia Southern.

But what happened Friday when Ealey was suspended indefinitely isn’t about Crowell. It’s about Ealey – and maybe a little about coach Mark Richt.

Ealey has been inconsistent as a player, which is why the Bulldogs so desperately needed to land Crowell on national letter of intent day. But the more significant issues with the sophomore relating to his future in Athens have been off the field. Ealey’s arrest for a hit-and-run incident last summer — after multiple warnings about driving with a suspended license — infuriated Richt.

Rumors have been flying for the past 24 hours that Ealey missed a “punishment run” last week, and that the running back was kicked off the team. For now, there’s only a report that he has been suspended indefinitely.

But Ealey might want to take this as a hint, and transfer. He has two years of eligibility left and he’s in a pretty deep hole with Richt. Working his way out of that now might be impossible and transferring might be the best option.

Richt has become increasingly “tough on crime” in the past year. That’s a good sign.

Another running back, Caleb King, has been a disappointment and rumors of his exit also have circulated. The difference is that King has only one season of eligibility remaining and it might not be worth it to transfer.

When Richt recruited Crowell, he told him to imagine himself as Georgia’s starting running back. The coach then went public after his signing, saying Crowell could be “carrying the rock” as the starting back in the opener against Boise State.

But this is not all about Crowell’s potential. It’s about the way Ealey has imploded. There was a time it was his job to lose — and he lost it.
    http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...is-to-himself/

vCash
    Read thos, glad they are getting tougher! Good to hear, and losing Ealey won't hurt with Crowell and Malcom coming in.

Washaun Ealey reportedly had a problem. He couldn't deal with the grind of the new strength and conditioning program. There is no wiggle room. MIss a workout. Pull a no-show on a punishment run. Have a heated exchange with Tereshinski..and guess what? You're suspended.
    Basically, Ealey becomes the first example of the new "get tough" approach. Coach T's not fooling around. These players are getting pushed hard right now. Obviously, Ealey is the first dude to break. Bet it's as simple as that. He becomes an example to everyone on that roster. No more cutting corners...doesn't matter if you're the starting RB. Everyone's job is on the line here.
    Ealey and King have shown flashes, but neither of these guys has lived up the the expectations. Washaun and Caleb have not been consistent with their commitment level, or their production. And both have questionable futures in a Bulldog uniform. KIng was ruled ineligible for the bowl game. Now Ealey deals with a suspension.
    Wonder what Crowell is thinking down in Columbus? Hope he's working out today.
    One important aspect of spring ball is to get a good look at redshirt freshman RB Ken Malcome. Sure would be great if he's capable of stepping in. An opportunity is certainly there for him to earn some playing time. This is one thing to keep an eye on this spring.
    Should Ealey be kicked to the curb? No. He messed up. But they shouldn't give up on him. Same with King.
    Washaun will blow off some steam and think about transferring...before saying his sorry and rejoining the team. That's my guess. Then, get back in line and start working.
    But the tone is set. It's past time to get tough.

vCash
    Rivals just released their Pre-Spring Practice Top 25 list...
    24. Georgia
    Buzz: The Bulldogs staggered to a 6-7 finish and coach Mark Richt resides squarely on the hot seat. QB Aaron Murray returns, and if there's a coach counting more on a quarterback than Richt is on Murray, we don't know who it is. Georgia needs some receivers to step up and for a feature back to emerge. Defensively, linebacker looms as a big problem.
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...sp?CID=1187907

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast