Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Tough to judge. The RBs and defensive haul look solid, but like you said, would've liked to see more OL depth (although a few linemen recruits from last year will be coming off redshirts this season).

vCash
    Yeah and we picked up that 5 star LT but still would have liked to see more depth. Marshall will be red shirted I bet but damn he looks good.

vCash
    CMR speaking on position changes:
    Q: There has been talk of rising sophomore Ray Drew moving from outside linebacker to defensive end in the spring. Is that true, and are there some other position changes afoot?

A: The thing about our defense is it’s very versatile. A guy who at one time might be standing up as a linebacker, the next play he’s got his hand on the ground rushing the passer. So the flexibility has been there since Todd came. The bottom line is we’re going to play everybody in any given game or in any given personnel grouping depending on what we’re trying to defend. The versatility of our defense allows that.

People have also been talking about Malcolm Mitchell. Could he end up playing both ways? Quite frankly, we’re going to experiment with that a little bit. We’re going to see how much he can handle learning some cornerback. So that’s something. People have been talking about Richard Samuel, could he end up playing some fullback reps? There’s a chance of that, too.

Again, we have got to make sure we take the entire talent base of our football team and get the best players out there in whatever situations we need them in. If that means a guy playing both ways or two positions on defense or , if that means we have to put the entire starting lineup on offense and defense playing special teams, I don’t care what it is, we have to do whatever we have to do to get the best players on the field. We’ve got to take advantage of everybody’s abilities.”
    http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...ion-in-spring/

vCash
    I bet Orson Charles wishes he would have stayed in school to better his position in the NFL draft. Of course the DUI did not help his case any. I hope this years juniors take note before they jump early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNisBiased View Post
    I bet Orson Charles wishes he would have stayed in school to better his position in the NFL draft. Of course the DUI did not help his case any. I hope this years juniors take note before they jump early.
    Guys don't understand how easy it is to tumble down the draft boards. Just look at Jevan Snead a few years ago. He went from being a projected top 10 pick to going undrafted in a matter of months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPNisBiased
    He screwed up with the DUI, I agree with that. But because of the damage this sport does to their bodies, I usually side with the players who decides to leave school early for the NFL draft, especially the guys who play on offense.

vCash
    yeah I would have liked to see him stay, just given the fact that he would make our team better but I understand why he didnt. Its allot to risk, the possibilty of getting hurt is really high and has to be a factor depending on the position they play on whether they come out early or not. Oh, and by the way, looks like allot of sites are picking us to be around the 5-7 spots in the upcoming pre-season polls. To high? to low? what do you guys think?

vCash
    Rankings, tough to say -- but the suspensions and lack of secondary depth shouldn't be taken lightly.

vCash
    Now Georgia has kicked RB Crowell off the team after his arrest. That is a huge blow to the team.

vCash
    Ehh I dunno about huge....don't get me wrong he is very talented but he couldn't stay on the field whether from stupid injuries or just dumb bone headed choices. We have great talent at HB even without him so I don't see this hurting our backfield production as much as it would another team. I think we will be fine and am glad that he is gone.

vCash
    ^Even though he gave that formal apology to his team/fans after the season, it feels like a lot of fans are relieved to get rid of him. He had a good season, but fans turned on him over what they percieved to be a guy overexaggerating some injuries. IMO it was asking a lot to expect every freshman to be Herschel, but that's the way it goes around here. Hopefully Crowell gets his life together, but this is just the latest story feeding the perception that Richt runs a soft program and the players don't respect him. Richt almost never has a quiet offseason, and with the AD re-doing his contract to make it easier for a split, I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for a new HC within the next 2 years.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 07-02-2012 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Anyone heard about the Facebook post by a uga player something Washington, ripping Uganda fans and the response he got from one fan? I heard it briefly on Lex and Terry this morning and want to know more about it.

vCash
    Nvm I found it and read it and all I got to say is wow! This response by a uga fan is great and should be required reading for all NCAA players from now on. Check it out, great read here. http://loserswithsocks.com/2012/07/0...-via-facebook/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678