Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,003 of 1003
    vCash
    Totally forgot Marquardt dropped to WW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I think this is seriously going to backfire on Story. This fight is on too short of notice. Nate Marquardt isn't a guy you step in on short notice to fight and expect to win.... You need a good 4-5 months to prepare for Nate.

Story is building up his title run, and a loss here will derail him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Anthony Johnson out, Rick Story steps in to face Nate Marquardt at UFC on Versus 4

Wow, this sucks for Rumble, I was really looking forward to that fight.

Store is trying like hell to be taken seriously, and he has my attention. If he beats Nate, he could be one fight away from getting a title shot.
    This is a big gamble for Story and it may just pay off. You have to consider that this is Nate Marquardt's very first fight at 170 and he is coming in having to lose a ton of weight. I remember reading that when he fought at 185 he was walking around at 215-220. That is a ****load of weight to cut. He could come in and be weak this time out.

With all that said and done Nate Marquardt should beat Rick Story. I've seen the videos of Marquardt wrestling with GSP and he supposedly holds his own and does better than guys in the heavier weight classes like Rashad or Schaub in practice against GSP.

Not only that but Rick Story is on this winning streak but he lost to John Hathaway and his wrestling was pretty much neutralized in that fight. Then he had split decision wins against Jesse Lennox and Nick Osipczak in his current run which leads me to believe that unless Marquardt is a total zombie after the weight cut he should get the win.

vCash
    Even if he does win he's not going to be able to take out GSP. I feel sorry for every WW in that division. Because if you take GSP out of WW you have the most exciting division in the sport, cause so many fighters are equal.

Unfortunately right now the WW division is broken up in like 4 classes IMO.

GSP: GSP...

The Elite: Fitch, Shields
    The Good: Sanchez, Condit, Kampmann, Koscheck, Story, BJ

The avg: Rumble, Hardy, Hughes, whatever

vCash
    Mike Swick vs. Erick Silva official for UFC 134 in Brazil

A welterweight bout between Mike Swick (14-4 MMA, 9-3 UFC) and Brazilian newcomer Erick Silva (12-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official for UFC 134.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) passed along news of the bout this past month, and officials recently made it official.

The bout likely will be part of the preliminary card of UFC 134, which takes place Aug. 27 at HSBC Arena in Rio De Janeiro. The pay-per-view headliner pits middleweight champion Anderson Silva against Yushin Okami.

Swick, who makes his 13th UFC appearance during his sixth year with the organization, fights for the first time in a year and a half.

The fighter, who joined the UFC as a cast member on "The Ultimate Fighter 1," suffered back-to-back losses to Dan Hardy (decision) and Paulo Thiago (submission) before his recent hiatus. Prior to the skid, the American Kickboxing Academy fighter and former middleweight climbed into welterweight title contention with consecutive wins over Josh Burkman, Marcus Davis, Jonathan Goulet and Ben Saunders.

However, an initially misdiagnosed stomach ailment has put him on the sidelines recently.

Silva, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu and judo black belt, is riding a eight-fight win streak after competing throughout his native Brazil. The six-year pro trains with many of the country's top fighters, including Anderson Silva and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, and most recently won a four-man single-night tournament to win the first-ever Jungle Fight welterweight title.

The latest UFC 134 card now includes:

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami (for middleweight title)
    Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub
    Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson
    Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov
    Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
    David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago
    Erick Silva vs. Mike Swick
    Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira vs. Rousimar Palhares*
    Fans Of:
    Saints,Redskins, Spurs,Detroit Tigers

vCash
    I don't know much about Erick Silva but it will be interesting to see Mike Swick back in the UFC.

vCash
    Mirko turns down fight to fight Big Timmy

Strikeforce will air all prelims on Hdnet
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash

Dana White Leads UFC Into New Media Dominance via Facebook, Twitter and XBox 360

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/6/...cebook-twitter

As befits a rising new sports phenomenon, the UFC has a cutting edge approach to social media and online marketing. Dana White has almost 1.5 million followers to his personal Twitter account and the UFC itself has almost 6 million followers and friends on Twitter and Facebook.

Today Dana White appeared at the XBox 360 E3 conference to announce a new partnership between the UFC and Microsoft's XBox 360. Cage Side Seats has the White's announcement:

"There has never been a better time to be a UFC fan. As you know, we deliver the best fights in the world, and now XBOX will revolutionize how fans experience live events on television. You'll get all the best fights, and compete with your friends...only on XBOX. Let's take a look at the innovation you're gonna see this holiday."

ESPN Page 2 spoke to White about his aggressive use of Twitter and the UFC's social media strategy:

"When we go live, the fans are always saying on the Internet, 'Oh he's such an idiot. He's got the best seat in the house, and he's always on his phone or looking at the TV,'" White said. "The reason for that is I'm watching the TV screen because I'm making sure that everything looks good on TV. I'm on my phone because I'm reading Twitter."

White is not only reading. He's responding. He's aware that the cable is out in Iowa, meaning a fan can't access the pay-per-view he paid for. Or that fans traveled all the way from England only to find out they purchased fake tickets.

"Back in the old days, this is [stuff] you wouldn't know until Monday," White said. "You'd hear all these bad things that happened during your event, and you'd be like, 'God, we got to make sure this doesn't happen next time.' ... Now, as these things are happening, I have people running around fixing all the problems that are happening that I'm reading on Twitter."

White also tells ESPN that the UFC is "working on big things for the next five years and most of them revolve around social media."

My hat is off to Dana White and the UFC for their shrewd use of social media.
    Ive been sending the UFC email everyday for months telling thhem to air prelims on Xbox 360 so i hope they do
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Mirko turns down fight to fight Big Timmy

Strikeforce will air all prelims on Hdnet
    He is wanting to go out with a win but man I understand wanting to fight somebody a little better than Tim Sylvia. Honestly how the hell would he even make weight? He has been fighting up around 320.

vCash
    Kampmann injured; Brown vs. Howard, Attonito vs. Roberts set for UFC on Versus 4

Mike Massenzio replaces injured Igor Pokrajac at Saturday's UFC 131 event

vCash
    I just got a email back from Terry Etims head coach, Terry got hurt a few times and hopes to be fighting later this year

vCash
    Gina Carano Not Medically Cleared, Off Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum Card
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/7/...rce-overeem-vs
    Last edited by yanks19791024; 06-07-2011 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/8/...erdum-mma-news
    Josh Barnett Unlicensed in Texas, Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Only 10 Days Out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/8/...erdum-mma-news
    Josh Barnett Unlicensed in Texas, Strikeforce: Overeem vs Werdum Only 10 Days Out
    On sherdog it says that he has already submitted his bloodwork and all of his paperwork that the rumors are false.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667