Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Who plans on ordering a SF PPV? I'm still on the fence.

Even if its stacked card, I don't see it doing more than 100k in buys.
    I won't but I don't normally order PPV. If it was the semi's with Overeem vs Fedor and they put Barnett vs Arlovski (this is their best case scenario IMO) then I think it could do 150-200K in buys. They would also need to add a couple of quality under card fights with guys like Miller, Cyborg, Diaz, Daley, etc.

I think the semis stacked like that will do better than a finale.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    So who do you guys think will fight Shane Carwin? Somebody like Cheick Kongo or Ben Rothwell perhaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    So who do you guys think will fight Shane Carwin? Somebody like Cheick Kongo or Ben Rothwell perhaps.
    I'd like to see Kongo/Carwin only because somebody is most likely getting KO'd imo and its probably going to be Kongo.

vCash
    Just got my tickets for Rua vs Evans
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Hey guys I wanted to let you know that I will be stepping away from PSD. The MMA forum and the NY Rangers forum posters have been absolutely great. I really wanted to thank you all. There is so much nonsense that goes on some of the other PSD boards but I do not think I have even had to issue a single infraction in the last 6 months because you guys have been such great posters. I have really appreciated that. I could not have asked a better group of posters than the ones I have had on the Rangers board and the MMA board. If you guys have any problems with anything I would always suggest contacting Rylinkus, Still a fan or PC521. They are great mods and very fair.

With that said I wish you all the best!!!

Have a great 2011
    Last edited by Rylinkus; 01-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    I won't but I don't normally order PPV. If it was the semi's with Overeem vs Fedor and they put Barnett vs Arlovski (this is their best case scenario IMO) then I think it could do 150-200K in buys. They would also need to add a couple of quality under card fights with guys like Miller, Cyborg, Diaz, Daley, etc.

I think the semis stacked like that will do better than a finale.
    Ill order the srikeforce ppv, im just thinking big picture. If I remember dana saying its costs about 20 million to do a ppv and I just hope Strikeforce can survive if they bomb. I like strikeforce alot and hope they do last
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Hey guys I wanted to let you know that I will be stepping away from PSD. The MMA forum and the NY Rangers forum posters have been absolutely great. I really wanted to thank you all. There is so much nonsense that goes on some of the other PSD boards but I do not think I have even had to issue a single infraction in the last 6 months because you guys have been such great posters. I have really appreciated that. I could not have asked a better group of posters than the ones I have had on the Rangers board and the MMA board. If you guys have any problems with anything I would always suggest contacting Rylinkus, Still a fan or PC521. They are great mods and very fair.

Have a great 2011
    Good luck to you. and you also have a great 2011. go Knicks!!!!!

vCash

Have a great 2011
    Sad to see you go. Wish you could stay around as just a regular poster. Good luck.

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Sad to see you go. Wish you could stay around as just a regular poster. Good luck.
    Same, 2 of my absolute favorite posters on this board gone in the span of a week.

vCash

Have a great 2011
    Sorry to see you go, sir.

I don't know what goes on in the mod forums, but you shouldn't let it get the best of you (I guess easier said then done). Hopefully you'll reconsider and join us regular posters
    -----

vCash
    News and notes from the Strikeforce conference call.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/13...l-live-updates

The @Strikeforce heavyweight tournament fights will be 3 rounds and @alistairovereem's title will not be on the line.
    - The tourney winner then fights for SF title.
    - Coker says Overeem will continue "The Reem" doc through the SF tourney.
    - Coker says the fighters won't be competing elsewhere between tournament fights.
    - Coker says the semi-finals are being targed for "late June/July."
    - Coker won't say that Overeem won't fight in K-1 this year, only that he's "committed" to the tournament until it concludes.
    - "If any fight is deemed a draw, it will come down to a 4th independent judge who will decide the winner."
    - @stevecofield: Coker indicates Daniel Cormier will likely be in a Strikeforce HWT GP alternate bout in the future
    - @JoshGrossESPN: Coker's position that SF couldn't make 5R fights because it was too difficult with different regulators is ridiculous. California, N.J., Missouri, Tennessee told me 5R fights were fine by them. All said they had not been approached by Strikeforce re: it.
    - @DamonMartin: The Strikeforce Grand Prix is no different than the old Pride Grand Prix. Technically both Fedor & Big Nog had titles going into that.

vCash
    Strikeforce is trying every way they can to screw up the best thing promotional tool they have come up with.

vCash
    News and notes from the Strikeforce conference call.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/13...l-live-updates

The @Strikeforce heavyweight tournament fights will be 3 rounds and @alistairovereem's title will not be on the line.
    - The tourney winner then fights for SF title.
    - Coker says Overeem will continue "The Reem" doc through the SF tourney.
    - Coker says the fighters won't be competing elsewhere between tournament fights.
    - Coker says the semi-finals are being targed for "late June/July."
    - Coker won't say that Overeem won't fight in K-1 this year, only that he's "committed" to the tournament until it concludes.
    - "If any fight is deemed a draw, it will come down to a 4th independent judge who will decide the winner."
    - @stevecofield: Coker indicates Daniel Cormier will likely be in a Strikeforce HWT GP alternate bout in the future
    - @JoshGrossESPN: Coker's position that SF couldn't make 5R fights because it was too difficult with different regulators is ridiculous. California, N.J., Missouri, Tennessee told me 5R fights were fine by them. All said they had not been approached by Strikeforce re: it.
    - @DamonMartin: The Strikeforce Grand Prix is no different than the old Pride Grand Prix. Technically both Fedor & Big Nog had titles going into that.
    So if Overeem wins does he fight himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    So if Overeem wins does he fight himself
    Apparently. Though his tourney win will mean more than the belt does. I guess he could fight Lavar Johson for the title.

vCash
    @JoshGrossESPN: Coker's position that SF couldn't make 5R fights because it was too difficult with different regulators is ridiculous. California, N.J., Missouri, Tennessee told me 5R fights were fine by them. All said they had not been approached by Strikeforce re: it.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast