Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/10...iew-cbs-return

"The tournament is going to deliver our biggest shows yet. At some point this year, we will be in the pay-per-view business and having this tournament out there is a big step in that direction."
    Dates and venues for the semifinal and finale events have not been solidified. ... Coker said Strikeforce is exploring holding one of the events in Montreal or Toronto, which would mark the promotion’s debut on Canadian soil.

Coker said the tournament’s semifinals or finals, tentatively scheduled for September or October, are strong bets to anchor a pay-per-view debut.
    Im calling the death of Strikeforce if they think they are ready for PPV
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Shane Carwin confirms likely UFC 131 slot, was offered Roy Nelson fight

So if they offered him Nelson and then changed their mind, I'm assuming they have something bigger planned. The question is Brock or JDS?
    -----

vCash
    I'd like to see JDS vs Carwin. I dont know who will win but I know I would not miss that fight.

vCash
    http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/01/11/m...er-this-month/

on last night’s edition of sportsnet’s mma connected, “showdown” joe ferraro said:

“if london, ontario’s mark hominick can defeat george roop and come out unscathed at ufc fight night 23, look for “the machine” to earn a title shot versus featherweight champion jose aldo
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    John Makdessi meets Kyle Watson, not Jonathan Brookins, at UFC 129

vCash
    Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya official for UFC Fight Night 23, 11 bouts now set

vCash
    Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson targeted for March 5th event in Columbus, Ohio

vCash
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Tra...tle-Shot-29330

Anthony Pettis will not wait on the conclusion of the Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard trilogy before fighting again.

Pettis’ trainer, Duke Roufus, confirmed the news Monday on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

Pettis had earned a UFC lightweight title shot by winning the WEC lightweight belt. However, when Edgar’s Jan. 1 defense against Maynard ended as a closely contested draw, UFC President Dana White announced that the two will fight again.

In the meantime, Pettis will take another bout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Maybe swells was right about the Hominick/Aldo fight at UFC 129. If that doesn't happen I could really see these two fighting at UFC 131 in Vancouver.

John Makdessi meets Kyle Watson, not Jonathan Brookins, at UFC 129
    Wonder why. I haven't seen anything about Brookins being injured.

Mike Brown vs. Rani Yahya official for UFC Fight Night 23, 11 bouts now set
    Mike is the obvious favourite, but I still do not like him taking this fight with under a month's time. He has just over 20 days to be ready for this fight. If he loses, he's gone. I don't think this is enough time to improve his cardio.

Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson targeted for March 5th event in Columbus, Ohio
    Wow! Isn't Overeem/Werdum and Barnett/Rogers supossed to be on this too. Maybe they will be back on CBS for this one. Would be a good card to have on it if they could add in one more solid fight like Cyborg, or Mayhem/Kennedy III.

Been posted. Pettis will be taking on Clay Guida

vCash
    Clay Guida vs. Anthony Pettis Planned for Late Spring

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/11...or-late-spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    That's a tough fight for Pettis. Guida is very difficult to finish and Pettis has poor takedown defense. This could be a fight he needs to win from his back, and we all know how seldom judges score fights that way
    That fight makes sense. If Pettis can't beat Guida then how does he stand a chance against Edgar or Maynard?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/10...iew-cbs-return

Im calling the death of Strikeforce if they think they are ready for PPV
    Yep. Nobody will buy a Strikeforce ppv just because they are having a tournament which features mostly fighters that many casual fans know little about....

Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Shane Carwin confirms likely UFC 131 slot, was offered Roy Nelson fight

So if they offered him Nelson and then changed their mind, I'm assuming they have something bigger planned. The question is Brock or JDS?
    That is interesting why they didn't do Nelson vs Carwin.

Should be an interesting fight.

vCash
    Brock's Mule Deer Adventure with Fusion® Ammunition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ENy...ayer_embedded#!

This video is not for animal lovers

vCash
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/12...r-the#comments

I wouldn't even say this is a MMA game. It's more like those streetfight games where you have a special attack and stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post

Yep. Nobody will buy a Strikeforce ppv just because they are having a tournament which features mostly fighters that many casual fans know little about....

That is interesting why they didn't do Nelson vs Carwin.
    I can't tell if your PPV comment is sarcasm or not...

Nelson supposedly turned down Carwin to fight Mir. Reason's I've heard is that UFC 130 is sooner and in Vegas instead of Canada and Mir is coming off of a win and appears to be a more winnable fight for Nelson.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Who plans on ordering a SF PPV? I'm still on the fence.

Even if its stacked card, I don't see it doing more than 100k in buys.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Who plans on ordering a SF PPV? I'm still on the fence.

Even if its stacked card, I don't see it doing more than 100k in buys.
    I agree with you. I don't know if I'd order it even if the card is stellar. I'd imagine they'd do it if it were the finals with one of Overeem/Fedor vs. Barnett/Arlovski. They'd probably have Mayhem and Henderson on the card with Carano being a big posibility. I wouldn't be surprised if Hershel Walker was on the card too.

I don't think it would get alot of buys like you mentioned.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast