Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I would doubt all of those end up on that card because there are still a couple more good fights on there
    Silva vs Stann is off. It was never official and Silva is saying he won't be healthy by then.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/5/...pen-at-ufc-130
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Tyson Griffin dropping to FW following knee surgery. He may have to lose a leg, I don't see how he makes it.

http://mmaweekly.com/tyson-griffin-d...g-knee-surgery

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    Silva vs Stann is off. It was never official and Silva is saying he won't be healthy by then.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/5/...pen-at-ufc-130
    Thank god. That was a stupid fight that nobody wanted except Stann. Wanderlei isn't gonna fight forever why give him a fight like that give the fans a fight we want to see like Wandy against Leben, Vitor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    Tyson Griffin dropping to FW following knee surgery. He may have to lose a leg, I don't see how he makes it.

http://mmaweekly.com/tyson-griffin-d...g-knee-surgery
    He is gonna be so drained at that weight. But there are some interesting fights. I was curious how many of these guys would be dropping to 145. I seen an interview with Melvin Guillard about a week ago and he said that he was talking to Dana White about Kenny Florian and was told that he is dropping to 145. Then Clay Guida has said that if he loses his next fight he is gonna strongly consider dropping to 145 as well.

vCash
    Alistair Overeem says that Cain Velasquez is the top heavyweight in the world but that he will be after he wins the Strikeforce tournament. Also says that he sees his fight against Werdum as a K-1 match because Werdum has no chance of getting the fight to the ground.

http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/in...-not-for-long/

vCash
    Jason High signs with Strikeforce

vCash
    Silva vs Stann is back on
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com
    "I'm happy for Jones, I think it's a great fight for him. I think Jones is going to smash Rua."

"Training with Jones in practice, he's one of the best guys I've ever trained with. The level he's gotten to so fast is scary and alarming. He's one of those guys at the gym, he'll be the first one there and the last one to leave. ... He's hungry, he wants it, so I'm glad if it's going to be someone to step into my place, I'm glad it's him."

"I'm still not going to fight Jon. I will always find something to challenge myself. I will go up to heavyweight or down to middleweight. But I will not fight Jon."
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    This is the first thing I thought of when they announced he will get the fight "what will Rashad do if Jones wins" which on a separate note I expect to happen...JMO of course

vCash
    Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez signs new multi-year agreement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Strikeforce champ Gilbert Melendez signs new multi-year agreement
    That sucks, but I'm sure SF is taking care of him financially, too bad the terms of his contract aren't disclosed.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    That sucks, but I'm sure SF is taking care of him financially, too bad the terms of his contract aren't disclosed.
    It is fine that he signed but if he goes out and beats Kawajiri and SF doesn't work a deal to fight Alvarez, he better not complain about not having competition.

vCash
    "Thank you, Anderson, for revealing yet another weakness for me to exploit in our rematch. Beating that poor punching bag doesn't impress Uncle Chael, guy. You tipped your hand like a chump poker player at a $5 table in Atlantic City. You may have beaten Vitor, but in the process, you LOST your edge. By beating that husk, you gave me the last page of your playbook. Revel in your time, [because] it ENDS the night you face me. I will mow you down like autumn wheat, AGAIN." - Chael Sonnen

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/7/197...ness-for-me-to
    Last edited by jamesdoakes403; 02-07-2011 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    http://www.tatame.com/2011/02/07/Sho...-second-option

Shogun says Rampage ducked him, Jones was second option

With Rashad Evans injured, Jon Jones earned a shot at the light heavyweight title against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, but the young talented fighter wasn’t UFC’s first option to replace Evans. According to the champion to TATAME TV (below, in Portuguese), Rampage was offered the shot. “The UFC thought in other alternatives, but it didn’t worked out. For some reason he (Jackson) didn’t accepted it”, Shogun said, talking about his upcoming fight against Jon Jones. “I’ll have to change my training because he’s a lot different from Rashad, much taller, and it’ll be a great challenge. He’s been surprising everybody in the UFC, defeated everybody with easy, and it’ll be a tough fight for me”, he stated.

vCash
    Rampage doesnt deserve a shot over Jones anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdoakes403 View Post
    Rampage doesnt deserve a shot over Jones anyway.
    Considering that Rampage beat the former LHW champ and won 3 of his last 4 fights, I think he has a case.

I thought Rampage made more sense than Jones, but I'm not surprised he declined, he's not one to stay in shape in between fights, and he would need to be in top form to have a chance to beat Rua, 6 weeks would be pushing it.
    -----

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast