Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: TUF 13 Finale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,954
    vCash
    1000

    TUF 13 Finale

    Didn't see a thread..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,698
    vCash
    1500
    No need for one, it was a snore.

    Maldonado got robbed badly by the judges. Anthony Pettis was badly out wrestled.

    stopped watching after the Pettis vs. Guida fight.

    I usually don't get angry after fights but I was really upset after the Maldonado vs. Kingsbury fight. Now I have to wait for the Fight metric... But To me it looked like Maldonado won by unanimous decision or split decision.
    Last edited by zn23; 06-05-2011 at 12:12 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,099
    vCash
    500
    I'm glad that Clay won but apparently he still is gonna have to win at least one more fight to get a title shot according to Dana White.

    Here lately I'm extremely disappointed with the UFC events. I honestly haven't been impressed that much at all since the WEC merger.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I'm glad that Clay won but apparently he still is gonna have to win at least one more fight to get a title shot according to Dana White.

    Here lately I'm extremely disappointed with the UFC events. I honestly haven't been impressed that much at all since the WEC merger.
    Yea I think he should, he hasn't beaten anyone, and everytime he's fought a good opponent he lost...

    The only two decent fighters he beat are Bart P. and Pettis. But to me WEC Lightweights are just not on the same level as the ones from UFC. Pettis has a bright future, but he's not ready to be a champion in the UFC yet, he's about 2-3 years away. He definitely has a lot of potential.

    anyways UFC 131 might be a good show. But im looking forward to UFC 132 the most.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,690
    vCash
    1255
    i was surprised that there wasn't a thread. it was frustrating that Clay was barely landing anything on the ground but those stupid shoulder strikes. but like someone else said before, Pettis is a couple years away. when he gets comfortable fighting with the tougher competition in the UFC he'll improve alot.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Saugus, California
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500
    Seriously all clay did was lay on top of him. He didn't throw any punches. After that fight I stopped watching because Clay just lays and prays.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    729
    vCash
    1500
    does anyone else thinks that takedowns are worth WAY to much? to me Pettis landed more from the bottom and was attacking way more

    i just think the UFC is going to lose a lot of fans to these fighters that dont really FIGHT

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Saugus, California
    Posts
    818
    vCash
    1500
    ^exactly wat I was thinking

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,690
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown99 View Post
    Seriously all clay did was lay on top of him. He didn't throw any punches. After that fight I stopped watching because Clay just lays and prays.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsMadness44 View Post
    does anyone else thinks that takedowns are worth WAY to much? to me Pettis landed more from the bottom and was attacking way more

    i just think the UFC is going to lose a lot of fans to these fighters that dont really FIGHT
    agreed. this lying down stuff is really getting annoying. they need to find a new way to judge that crap. Guida doesn't deserve a title shot with that performance.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,698
    vCash
    1500
    The same issue can be brought about for the Torres vs. Johnson fight. Where Torres did a lot on the ground but because Johnson was on top he was scoring points.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,099
    vCash
    500
    Well let me ask you guys this question. Let's say that this was your very first UFC experience as a fan. Would you want to watch again? Would you say oh yeah I can pay $45-55 to watch this each month?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,690
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Well let me ask you guys this question. Let's say that this was your very first UFC experience as a fan. Would you want to watch again? Would you say oh yeah I can pay $45-55 to watch this each month?
    the card in general wasn't bad. there was some good fights and nice KOs. just the Guida/Pettis fight was ridiculous because of the dump and hump. i'd pay to see it...


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    the card in general wasn't bad. there was some good fights and nice KOs. just the Guida/Pettis fight was ridiculous because of the dump and hump. i'd pay to see it...
    The co-Main event and main event are usually what draw in the casual fans and first timers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    729
    vCash
    1500
    it just seems like fighters now days are SO scared of losing that they dont even try to fight they just try to win

    thats not how the UFC got big. the UFC blew up because there were always guys willing to put it all on the line to win. If they got KOed then so be it but at the end of the fight they had the respect of the fans and probabaly the other fighters too.

    i use to be a huge UFC fan and buy pretty much every card but with these lame *** fights im starting to lose interest. Its really frustrating just watching a wrestling match for 15 minutes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    24,954
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsMadness44 View Post
    it just seems like fighters now days are SO scared of losing that they dont even try to fight they just try to win

    thats not how the UFC got big. the UFC blew up because there were always guys willing to put it all on the line to win. If they got KOed then so be it but at the end of the fight they had the respect of the fans and probabaly the other fighters too.

    i use to be a huge UFC fan and buy pretty much every card but with these lame *** fights im starting to lose interest. Its really frustrating just watching a wrestling match for 15 minutes.
    Well on the main card, there was really only one fight where wrestling was shown. The Cope fight was pretty good, and I loved the Kingsbury fight. Ed Herman had a quick knockout, and Ferguson had a knockout in the first round as well. Seems to me like they were going for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •