Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He seems like a boisterous, cocky SOB... I would love to play for him. Jonathan Brown will still be a crazy SOB and be amazing, but I don't think we will see him kneeing anyone else in the balls. I'm also very excited that he is going to recruit Chicago and Illinois harder.

Some other points:

-Koenning will coach the game, unless he leaves
    -Beckman will focus on recruiting while Koenning runs the team
    -Plans to meet with all remaining coaches in the next 2 days
    -As I said before, he will focus on recruiting Chicago and Illinois
    -Offense will be a spread O, I'm kind of expecting an Oklahoma St -esque Spread O
    -Not necessarily going to keep anyone from the previous staff
    -Wants to bring his OC from Toledo if he doesn't get the HC job
    -5 Year contract, $9Million guaranteed; so pretty much the same as Zook
    Last edited by BCB mwat15; 12-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    I really like what I've seen and heard from Beckman so far.

Dude looks intense. He says he's going to recruit Illinois harder than anyone ever has.

vCash
    ^The only thing I didn't like was that he wants to run a spread Offense. I really wish we would go back to a Pro Style West Coast Offense.

vCash
    Billy Gonzalez (LSU WR Coach) will be the new OC.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20...billy_gon.html

He coached under Urban Meyer at Florida previously, so I imagine that we will be running his version of the spread. I wouldn't be surprised to see Riley transfer.

vCash
    Today was rather uninspiring but I think that was to be expected with the coaching change. Here is a link to the full class:

http://www.illinihq.com/blogs/recrui...s-signees.html

Next year's class is when Beckman needs to do work, especially in state. We need to keep guys like Ty Isaac, Logan Tuley-Tillman, and Ethan Pocic in state. They are legit 4-5 star guys and could help get this program to the Wisconsin level.

vCash
    I think I'm stupid because I had no clue there was an Illini Thread . Next year I think Beckman will make a statement by getting a lot of instate recruits to come to Illinois. Just by owning this state he could pull in a lot of h4 and 5 star recruits in yearly. Zook was horrible at recruiting this state and only took in the 3 star ones after all the best players went everywhere else in the Big 10.

vCash
    The OP has been updated for the 2012 season. I'd love to hear some thoughts on on what I have.

vCash
    As long as Jonathan Brown isn't kicking people in the nuts than I love what he brings each game. He is the leader of the defense and will need to pick it up next year along with Buchanan now that Mercilus is gone.
    O'Toole should be the QB going into the first game next year with the new Spread Offense that Beckman is bringing. Sheelhasse can come in with some running packages but he has no arm to be able to run the offense.
    Davis will be the red zone target for next year. He should be a monster in the spread for the next couple of years.
    I think there is going to be a RB by committee again unless Young stops fumbling. He should go into Spring Ball as the #1 guy but if he can't keep the ball off the ground than Ferguson will get a shot at the job. Don't know much about Ayoola but he sounds like a power back and you already compared him to Ford. Good recruit because we needed that with Ferguson being a small quick back and Young being more of a speed back

vCash
    I think we're getting new uniforms this year, so that's really good news. Here's the picture, I got it from another Illini message board, hope I don't get this deleted. I guess they had this laid out for recruits to look at. There's a set of different uniforms on the right side on that sheet:

But I came across this new uni concept posted by Charles Sollars who just did an awesome job with our helmet. Everybody click on that if you haven't seen it yet, awesome.

But it'll never happen.....stupid NCAA

vCash
    Yeah I think they are going to be having some new jerseys next year. I really like the blue I helmet, I have thought for awhile that they should have a blue helmet. That Chief helmet is also ****ing bad ***.

vCash
    Wow, that concept helmet is so sick. That would be absolutely awesome with a set or pro combats. Too bad we can never do that.

vCash
    Justin Staples was suspended yesterday
    Illinois Sports Information Director Kent Brown confirmed Monday that Justin Staples has been suspended indefinitely from the football team by head coach Tim Beckman after being charged with driving under the influence on Feb. 9.

Staples was stopped by Champaign Police at 1605 S. Neil St. and registered a blood alcohol level of .157. His next court date is scheduled for Friday.

Having redshirted in 2008, Staples played in 13 games last season and started one in his junior year of eligibility, tallying 16 tackles at the bandit position. He also had one sack and two pass breakups.

Beckman had no comment at press time. He has a press conference scheduled for Tuesday morning to discuss the spring football season. Immediately prior to Beckman’s press conference, Illinois is holding its Pro Day at Memorial Stadium.
    http://www.dailyillini.com/index.php..._following_dui

vCash
    Does anyone know what's going on with Darius Caldwell? He is probably our best option to step in right away and get a Buchanon-esque performance.

Also, Beckman has a long way to go in recruiting. Tulley-Tillman and Bosch are already committed to Michigan. We really need to get a couple of the Illinois guys (Pocic's brother, Ty Isaac, Treadwell).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with Darius Caldwell? He is probably our best option to step in right away and get a Buchanon-esque performance.
    The last I heard he was eligible again and can play this season

Also, Beckman has a long way to go in recruiting. Tulley-Tillman and Bosch are already committed to Michigan. We really need to get a couple of the Illinois guys (Pocic's brother, Ty Isaac, Treadwell).
    Interested to see how his first full year goes in recruiting. He said he really wanted to take control of this state because so much talent is local. He was a great recruiter at Tulsa and I am pretty sure he had the best class in the conference 2 out of the 3 years he was there. Big 10 is obviously very different but interested to see if he can get a lot of the 4 star guys to stay here

vCash
    Blue and Orange game was yesterday and sounded like Buchanan and Ferguson both had big days
    Ferguson ran for 150 yards on 20 carries but says he is still not 100%
    Scheelhasse was 11-26 for 65 yards
    O'Toole was 19-31 for 159 1 TD
    Young still hurt from the foot injury but ran the ball 8 times for 11 yards
    Buchanan had 12 tackles with 4.5 sacks

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast